Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'Here's what I had for dinner last night' thread - Part II - Don't quote pics!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭Vel

Ham and chorizo pizza followed by lemon squares with lemon curd and clotted cream. Everything made from scratch except the cream!

2014-09-13164333_zps15a14b4d.jpg

Cakes_zps070ba7b9.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭iwantmydinner

Dinner in Le Bon Crubeen last night. Was very delicious, and the staff are great. We picked up a deal for 2x 3 course meals for 45 squids.

I had grilled peach and goats cheese salad to start, then smoked haddock with caper mash and a whole grain mustard sauce, and pavlova for dessert. Himself had a terrine to start, then rib-eye, and sticky toffee pudding.

The rib-eye was disappointing, but everything else was absolutely delish! Very much recommend it lads.

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,801 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

Individual beef wellingtons à la Gordon Ramsay (via Her Indoors):

beef-wellington.jpg

Not shown is the lovely red wine sauce she made to go with it, mmm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

oscarBravo wrote: »
    Individual beef wellingtons à la Gordon Ramsay (via Her Indoors):

Not shown is the lovely red wine sauce she made to go with it, mmm.
    Oh they look savage!
    I can only find the Gordon Ramsay recipe for the big beef wellington, what changes did Her Indoors have to make to have them as individual portions?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Rump steak mushrooms and mash
    Immense

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Minder

Shenshen wrote: »
    I've been looking for a base like that to make Zwiebelkuchen (a German onion and sour cream tart thing, which needs a good flavoured base). I've never had the patience to start a sourdough yet, so this might fit the bill.

Do you have a link to the recipe? Thanks!

http://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2013/may/10/dan-lepard-pizza-dough-tomato-sauce-recipes

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Last night I made cream of tomato soup, and accompanied it with a quesadilla - a whole-wheat tortilla filled with cheese and toasted. Dessert was a peach and ice-cream and I declare it a tasty dinner altogether. The soup needed something to give it a bit more punch but my sundried tomato paste had gone mouldy, it was only after I'd eaten it that I thought to put a dollop of pesto in, so I've done that for the leftovers.

photo_zps22bb386f.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,166 ✭✭✭enda1

Pizza!

48 hour cold ferment. Sooo tasty. Cooked on a pizza stone heated for an hour at top temperature, then under a blazzing grill.

723ja9.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭Loire

Homemade soup to start followed by MASSIVE Rib Eyes with stir fried kale and roasties. Knocked back with a Bordeaux...oh yeah baby!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

Butternut squash soup with apple & chorizo. Topped with crispy onions!
    7q5fvLil.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,801 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

Oh they look savage!
    I can only find the Gordon Ramsay recipe for the big beef wellington, what changes did Her Indoors have to make to have them as individual portions?

She pretty much just used two fillet steaks, and quickly seared them on a hot pan so as not to overcook them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭homemadecider

Tonight we had sticky jerk chicken drumsticks and Felicity Cloake's cornbread. The chicken was delicious and the sauce went all over my face and hands and arms and furniture. However I wasn't keen on the cornbread; I'd never had it before so wasn't sure what to expect. It was slightly eggy and gritty and bland all the same time. I scoffed the chicken and then had some cookie dough ice-cream in lieu of the cornbread :)

cornbread_zpscd62434c.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭biddywiddy

Last night we had strip steaks with fried onions, sprouts roasted in olive oil and balsamic vinegar, garlic potato gratin (with mostly milk and some cream and four cloves of garlic :) ) and a caesar salad (from a packet). Washed down with a bottle of tempranillo.

322944.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭nompere

I was told that I was eating mackerel for my dinner this evening.

A bit of googling, and then some borrowing from Nigel Slater and Angela Hartnett:

Dry fry a teaspoon of cumin seeds and some ground black pepper in a largish frying pan for a minute or so,

Add a knob of butter and a finely sliced onion and fry for a couple of minutes,

Add a couple of small potatoes, in 1 cm dice, and a beetroot (already cooked) also in 1 cm dice,

Add some salt and ground cumin, and fry until the potato is almost cooked,

Put three mackerel fillets skin side down and cook gently for about 5 minutes,

Flip the mackerel, and cook for another couple of minutes.

I've never really liked beetroot, but I was really taken with this dish - and I will certainly do it again.

.Kovu. wrote: »
    Butternut squash soup with apple & chorizo. Topped with crispy onions!

Hi .Kovu,

That looks great. Any chance of the recipe?

Thanks,
    Loire.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

I had most of a 4-in-1 last night, excuse was I got home really late and hadn't eaten most of the day. Reality is I wanted something from the 'Don't eat, this will kill you' list.

Happy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Tuna and pasta bake. Moreish!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

McDonalds last night after a beautiful weekend @ Ring of Kerry :pac: Still can't post photos here despite lots of attempts, does posting from a Mac make any difference?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,166 ✭✭✭enda1

northgirl wrote: »
    McDonalds last night after a beautiful weekend @ Ring of Kerry :pac: Still can't post photos here despite lots of attempts, does posting from a Mac make any difference?

If you're looking to embed photos you need to post them to another pic site such as tinypic.com then get their IMG tag and put that link here.

Mac or PC - all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,772 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Lazy day all round yesterday then. The Billy family tucked into takeaway from The Central in Skerries. Best chips around. Mrs B & HB Jr I hogged the curry sauce. Dad was not impressed. :(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Lazy day all round yesterday then. The Billy family tucked into takeaway from The Central in Skerries. Best chips around. Mrs B & HB Jr I hogged the curry sauce. Dad was not impressed. :(

Passed by there yesterday but we'd just had lunch :(

2 curry sauces! You always get 2 curry sauces!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,772 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

That's why I am so pee'd. I got 2 curry sauces!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭Avada

No. 1 curry sauce.

Per person. It's the only way.

That's why I am so pee'd. I got 2 curry sauces!!!!

Ah here! You're going to have to be the person who gets their own curry sauce for their own exclusive use the next time :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

Loire wrote: »
    Hi .Kovu,

That looks great. Any chance of the recipe?

Thanks,
    Loire.

No problem. I loosely followed this recipe except I used two mild apples. I also had run out of bacon(:eek:) so I used 1/3 of a ring of spicy chorizo.

Rally nice kick to it with the black pepper and spice!

.Kovu. wrote: »
    No problem. I loosely followed this recipe except I used two mild apples. I also had run out of bacon(:eek:) so I used 1/3 of a ring of spicy chorizo.

Rally nice kick to it with the black pepper and spice!

Thank You :)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,997 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

SilverHill honey roast duck with orange sauce.
    Roast beetroot, carrots and garlic.
    Sautéed leeks.
    Green beans.

Orange sauce wasn't bad for out of a sachet but a bit too sweet for my liking.

5Lv6uG.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭Shenshen

Puff Pastry wheels filled with roasted peppers, black olives, sundried tomatoes and feta.

With some nice fresh tabouleh to go with it. And half a pint of McGargles Granny Mary's Red Ale. Which worked surprisingly well :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭maryfred

Had a 3 in 1 for the first time in my life. Never again,ate 2 mouthfuls and no more! Truly horrific.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement