Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'Here's what I had for dinner last night' thread - Part II - Don't quote pics!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭biddywiddy

Another slow cooker dinner.

Picked up a big piece of chuck steak, which I've never cooked with before. Browned on the pan and then into the slow cooker. Fried off some onions and celery with some herbs and seasonings and deglazed the pan with stock, dijon mustard and some worcestershire sauce. Added to the pot with mushrooms, carrots and potatoes.

After 3.5 hours on high, the meat was still like a piece of old shoe. 5 hours did the trick.

322998.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭fiddlechic

I enjoyed one of my favourite dinners on Saturday night - red wine served with half a cheese and meats charger from Ely Winebar. Perfection.
    2rzfb14.jpg

Due to Saturday night's dinner, I was a tad fragile yesterday and not in the humour to go grocery shopping, so I made do with the fridge - a leftover butt of chorizo, half an onion and 3 eggs scrambled with some frozen sourdough toasted.
    6zqa6r.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭homemadecider

Chicken biryani with mushrooms & spinach. Followed by some coffee ice cream. How have I never tried coffee ice cream before? It's magic!

biryani_zps0a858ad0.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭pampootie

Medium striploin steak, steamed potatoes, and red peppers stuffed with tomato, cheese, breadcrumbs and leek. So good to have something homecooked, it was a beer and chips kind of weekend :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭dibkins

Potatoes.

8aUvU5x.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭TeletextPear

Stuffed pork steak, roastie potatoes, onion gravy, peas and carrots. I'm only fit to be rolled up to bed!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,772 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Roast chicken with carrots, parsnips, butternut squash & my best roasties. EVER. So chuffed. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Elbow

Low and slow beef cheeks with mustard mash, really simple recipe but full of flavour and melt in the mouth tender. (Eat dinner with a spoon kinda tender ðŸ˜)

Browned the meat, browned the veg, deglazed with half a bottle of red wine, reduced that to a syrup, added thyme and peppercorns, covered in chicken stock and into the oven @140 for 3 hours

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Striploin steak on a stone with onions, onion rings, chips and pepper sauce.

In the schoolhouse in Swords, possibly the nicest steaks in Swords.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

Baked (microwaved) potato with chili, creme faice and crumbled cheddar (too lazy to deal with finding the grater). Third dinner from single pot of chili, it's the gift that keeps on giving. Frozen the last portion now though because if I see any more of it for a week or so I'm going to punch it in the face.

6F6EAE72-E342-4716-AF7D-2A4CE7658B2A_zpsv8z85p4y.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Goat cheese and prune quiche.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

I got some pre-made pizza bases and made a lovely tuna (John West packet of tuna with sundried tomato), mozzarella, spinach, and mushroom pizza, and a side salad. The only thing is that the pizza base was rectangular, which threw me a bit, so I stuffed the edges with mozzarella and rolled it up until it fit on my baking tray.

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,801 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

Here's one for the carbonara purists: pizza carbonara! :pac:

pizza-carbonara.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,951 ✭✭✭B0jangles

Oh my... That's a carbonara that I think could convert me :D

BTW is that pizza enormous or are those quail eggs?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

Oh now that's a good idea. I think I would also like twice baked potato carbonara, with egg and way too much parmesan and crispy pancetta mixed into the potato and baked.

It's family-sized, alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

oscarBravo wrote: »
    Here's one for the carbonara purists: pizza carbonara! :pac:
    Well, now I know what I'll be doing with that other pizza crust!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Tilly

I’d make a crap Italian. Hate pizza and pasta.

I should probably leave this thread now right? :(

I do LOVE ice-cream tho :)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,997 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Tilly wrote: »
    I’d make a crap Italian. Hate pizza and pasta.

I should probably leave this thread now right? :(

I do LOVE ice-cream tho :)

I lived with an Italian girl who didn't like coffee, garlic or red wine without Coke in it!

Dinner last night was grilled chicken thighs, fried polenta cake, roast tomatoes with thyme and garlic, green beans and white wine lemon thyme jus.
    I think this thread has enough pics of that dinner.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭amklo

Last night was defrosted and heated boeuf bourgignon. I thickened the sauce a bit and served it with fresh carrots, peas and baby roast potatoes. An easy and tasty Monday night dinner.

This evening I'm trying this (or a variation of it) http://www.clodaghmckenna.com/home/recipes/?id=100 to use a butternut squash I have. Looking forward to it already!

• Advertisement

...red wine [with] Coke in it...

Ugh. I thought that abomination was confined to Chile.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭Mrs Fox

Made Chicken Korma from the Cooking Club, served with steamed basmati and freshly fried papadoms. Yummers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

Started off making spicy peanut soup but changed my mind halfway through and converted it to a big pot of satay sauce that was thickened with veg instead of flour. (sweet potato, broccoli, courgette)
    So froze 4 portions of that and now have some turkey satay ready to eat! Mmmmm browney goodness.

.Kovu. wrote: »
    Started off making spicy peanut soup but changed my mind halfway through and converted it to a big pot of satay sauce that was thickened with veg instead of flour. (sweet potato, broccoli, courgette)
    So froze 4 portions of that and now have some turkey satay ready to eat! Mmmmm browney goodness.
    I've decided you should live with me. Pack those bags, Buddy!! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

Tilly wrote: »
    I've decided you should live with me. Pack those bags, Buddy!! :)

:pac:
    Can I bring a cow? We can stick a nappy on her!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Toulouse

I remember that particular delight from my second year in college :)

My Donegal friend used to drink red wine and football special when we were young 'uns. I remember liking it at the time too!

Dinner tonight was baked salmon, creamy spinach and leeks, and rice.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

Tucking into my dinner of cajun salmon and quinoa stuffed peppers. It's delicious

Daisies wrote: »
    Tucking into my dinner of cajun salmon and quinoa stuffed peppers. It's delicious

Yum! Recipe for the peppers?

• Advertisement

.Kovu. wrote: »
    :pac:
    Can I bring a cow? We can stick a nappy on her!

Erm..... I guess she could live on the balcony....

:p

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement