Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'Here's what I had for dinner last night' thread - Part II - Don't quote pics!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭homemadecider

Chorizo & prawn risotto with peas, red onion & parmesan. Loads of black pepper.

chorizoprawnrisotto_zpse0369cf4.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭Mrs Fox

What a disappointing dinner. I thought it was only going to be half as bad when himself brought home "mashed potatoes spring rolls" (wth?) to go with the striploin.
    The steak, was not good at all. No sweetness or flavour to it. I had to top it with a spoon of last night's chilli syrup but it just didn't do it. Even the sauteed onion and mushroom couldn't salvage the plate. Only ate half of it.

IMG_20141030_182051_zpsck8ewrf_edit_1414694129559_zps7vwz6pkq.jpg

I'd rather have the kids' quickie nasi goreng.

IMG_20141030_183353_zpsmugwgrb_edit_1414694168018_zpsu3lcrxk0.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Mrs Fox wrote: »
    What a disappointing dinner. I thought it was only going to be half as bad when himself brought home "mashed potatoes spring rolls" (wth?) to go with the striploin.
    The steak, was not good at all. No sweetness or flavour to it. I had to top it with a spoon of last night's chilli syrup but it just didn't do it. Even the sauteed onion and mushroom couldn't salvage the plate. Only ate half of it.

I'd rather have the kids' quickie nasi goreng.

I get upset when I make a dinner and it's not as nice as it should be :(
    The kids' dinner looks yum though!

We had sausages, gravy and colcannon with curly kale from my veggie patch.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭Shenshen

Pumpkin and chickpea korma tonight - I'm sitting here now trying to distract myself so I won't go back into the kitchen for seconds.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

Tonight we had Lamb stew with boiled potatoes.

Delicious, and perfect for the cold evening outside.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,672 ✭✭✭Oblomov

Thai green chicken curry...

7qkUPx.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

That's not green buddy :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Beef stroganoff. First time I've made it, will be making it again.

photo_zps16544462.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

I went to Milano's the other night for the first time. Really impressed.
    Probably the best pizza I ever had, though a little pricey...it was a lovely treat as we never go out for a meal :)

Starter: Bruschetta:

2r5byic.jpg

Main: Chicken/Peppers/Red Onion pizza

358z30w.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭Loire

Lamb chops fried in butter with roasted turnip! and green beans. Meat 'n two veg!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭5unflower

The sacrilege that is pizza Hawaii ;)

83339F7FCCE14B22AA65012032BF3A3F-0000353053-0003689184-00800L-53075549D87C473BA6E343B228909512.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭Connemara Farmer

Beef & Guinness stew (of sorts) with really buttery mash, have almost fractured myself eating, thinking about seconds now which WILL finish me off.

Rack of Lamb and scallion mash for us tonight.

Washed down with a milk chocolate porter and Rioja 2012 Tempranillo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

have almost fractured myself eating, thinking about seconds now which WILL finish me off.

Glorious way to go...

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Chicken stir fried rice

7buDwU.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭GrahamThomas

Went out for dinner tonight to Pizza e Porchetta near Grand Canal Dock. I had a pizza with roasted potato, Italian sausage, ricotta & rosemary and sticky toffee pudding for dessert. Fantastic place, would definitely recommend it!

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭Applause

Last night I had popcorn chicken and a pile of home made potato wedges, to wash down all of the sweets, I'm feeling the guilt already.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Spätzle

[img][/img]

Is that spatzle homemade or bought?
    Looks amazing!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,958 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Chicken and mushroom tagliatelle, in a creamy onion and garlic sauce. Topped with grated Padano, Served with Garlic toasties and washed down with a nice reisling from Lidl.

Clean plates. Result!

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭Applause

2d3d968358.jpg
    Very simple one today, paprika on everything.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,958 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Beef & Guinness stew (of sorts) with really buttery mash, have almost fractured myself eating, thinking about seconds now which WILL finish me off.

That looks so good. Wow.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

17c, bright blue skies and sunshine outside. Nothing for it then but a goulash. Added some potatoes and carrots in the final stage of cooking. Accompanied by some crusty white bread and a glass of rioja. Delicious.

e9gjkw.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

whiskeyman wrote: »
    Is that spatzle homemade or bought?
    Looks amazing!

It was bought :) stocked up on a trip to zurich

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭Connemara Farmer

That looks so good. Wow.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/irishbeefstew_73826

I used a 500ml can of Guinness instead of red wine, 3 whole cloves of garlic not 10 (whoops missed the grating part altogether), two small sliced onions instead of 12 baby ones, whatever mushrooms were cheapest :D , dried thyme & parsley.

Cooked it differently too. Browned all the meat, put it and the beef stock, guinness and fried veg etc into the slow cooker on low for 8 hours. The parsley and thyme went in at start too.

Took out all meat and veg then and reduced the juices, added the roux, added the meat - went to food heaven :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,467 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Lamb taggine with lemon and pomegranate cous cous 08EF530D-02AB-447B-A00B-6457538DCA0C_zpsxep7o4mu.jpg

Dinner tonight is deep fried spicy chicken wings, BBQ ribs on the bone and home made burgers.

Washed down with a Brooklyn Black Chocolate Stout.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,467 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Dinner tonight is deep fried spicy chicken wings, BBQ ribs on the bone and home made burgers.

Washed down with a Brooklyn Black Chocolate Stout.

Did you make the wings? What sauce did you use? :D

Did you make the wings? What sauce did you use? :D
    Didn't make the wings myself, made the sauce (well marinade) though :D

I ended up getting Franks original (yeah yeah) it was €2 in Dunnes so used that with cayenne pepper, white pepper, dried parsley* and paprika and used this for marinading them.

*I only added the parsley cos I liked the look of the green flecks, it didn't add any flavour (that I could taste anyway).

I put the wings marinading for 1-1.5 hours, then deep fried them, once they were deep fried I dipped them into the coating sauce and served.

When they were cooked I coated them in the coating mixture which was the same as the marinade but with added cream and sugar.

I added the sugar because it cuts through the vinegar flavour, now there was still a flavour of vinegar but it wasn't as bad as usual, but the next time I would add more sugar to get rid of the vinegar flavour all together.

If you want an exact recipe let me know, and I'll find the link for you. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Dinner was only spag bol, dessert was much more interesting though.

7HeZvE.jpg
    5cDGN2.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,972 ✭✭✭cofy

Challengemaster that cake looks amazing any chance of the recipe please?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement