Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'Here's what I had for dinner last night' thread - Part II - Don't quote pics!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Lapin Chasseur, bit of a pain to make as rabbit actually needs a longer time to cook than I thought in order to get it to fork tenderness.
    If you only cook it for 80 mins you get rubbery rabbit, another 60 mins of slow cooking makes it as soft as chicken cooked for an hour.
    Very tasty dish though, with smoked bacon pieces and mushrooms.
    Next time I'll poach it first.
    Stem ginger cake with lemon icing, really nice recipe and a good excuse to try out the new Kenwood mixer:D

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

cofy wrote: »
    Challengemaster that cake looks amazing any chance of the recipe please?

No problem :D

https://sortedfood.com/recipe=1182

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭Mrs Fox

Roast chicken with baked potatoes, roasted brussel sprouts, petit pois, and lots of gravy. Forgot to put the prepared carrots on, darn.

IMG_20141102_072947_zpsglpnly7y.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Chicken and broccoli pie, with extra mushrooms

• Registered Users Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭Shenshen

Peppers stuffed with red lentils and covered in melted cheese, with a side salad with honey mustard dressing.

Followed by a slice of upside-down caramel and apple tart.

Sitting here with a cup of tea now and thinking that life is very, very good indeed. :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Vietnamese roast chicken from the Cooking Club with stir fried veg and noodles.

wupil4.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 22,772 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Rindsgeschnätzles (fried sliced beef, mushrooms & onions in a sauce of white wine, cream & beef stock) with rösti & fried asparagus.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Minder

Friends over this aft for Sunday lunch, so we had roast chicken, stuffing, roast potatoes, mash, Vichy carrots, green beans, cauliflower cheese, chicken & mushroom sausage rolls, gallons of gravy.

Dessert was lemon tart and a fruit crumble with custard. No need to eat again until Tuesday!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

Rindsgeschnätzles (fried sliced beef, mushrooms & onions in a sauce of white wine, cream & beef stock) with rösti & fried asparagus.

Gesundheit :)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,772 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

I forgot to mention that for dessert we are having a box of Monster Mallows that we forgot to break out on Hallowe'en.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Ilyana 2.0

After four days without proper dinners (due to some county-hopping and no money), I made an absolute pig of myself this weekend at a family do.

Dinner last night was my cousin's delicious creamy chicken curry with flaked almonds, rice and naan, followed by a super rich chocolate mousse served in an espresso cup and then a gluten free chocolate mousse/tart thing with strawberries. That was all followed by a LOT of red wine and then a cheese board at 1am.

Tonight was leftover homemade vegetarian lasagne with chipper chips and some nuggets. The grease factor may possibly have been down to the aforementioned wine consumption.

And tomorrow I'll be breaking out the celery sticks :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭homemadecider

Tonight we had a beautiful piece of hake with chips and crushed minty peas.

hakeandchips_zps4a81156e.jpg

Last night we had teriyaki salmon. Himself made the teriyaki sauce and then the fish was baked in foil with courgettes, broccoli and red onion. It was a bit savage.

Before the oven:

teriyakisalmon2_zps61e69651.jpg

Ready to eat:

teriyakisalmon_zpsea5b84f2.jpg

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,092 ✭✭✭✭beertons

795B0BAD2050472B968810B524105603-0000324795-0003689835-00800L-D7B4D99DBC4D4B839093111DFEC32C4E.jpg

Prawn Pil Pil.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,972 ✭✭✭cofy

Beef and veg stirfry with cashew nuts and rice noodles. I will definitely be making this again. The rice noodles absorbed all the juices in the stirfry, delish.:)

jpk9w6.jpg

Pan fried duck topped with chimichurri, steamed baby potatoes and baby leafy greens.

IMG_20141102_203318_zps38vw14x_edit_1414962125399_zpsm5igmgdh.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭tampopo

homemadecider, that salmon looks fab. will try that tomorrow, deffo....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

I spent an hour and a bit walking around town at a gentle clop today, drinking coffee and talking myself out of buying many things I already own, so I obviously had worked up an enormous calorie deficit that needed to be sorted out before I swooned. So.

Here is mash with 4 types of fat (bacon, sausage, cream, butter) and crispy bacon.

142D6BA3-DF90-4283-B226-4A6FCEDEAFE4_zpsbmqalp5w.jpg

Here is the same mash topped with onion gravy and 2 enormous sausages from the Whole Hoggs

BAE30F4F-2CE6-4EA0-B00C-16CF3405D59E_zpsdmbqqwr8.jpg

And now here I am merrily googling the symptoms of a heart attack.

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭bluecherry74

I made Chinese pork hocks last night:

http://www.pork.co.nz/recipes/braised-chinese-pork-hocks/index41da.html

I just used one hock and did it in the slow cooker, but cooked it for 12 hours (instead of the 6 the recipe states). I also didn't reduce the broth down at the end - I just shredded the pork into it and added some stir fried bok choi and chestnut mushrooms. It made a delicious soup.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Home made burgers with onions in gravy, mash and peas.

30wt3lh.jpg

Some day I'll post a really good photo and you'll know I've paid a professional to take it :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,467 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Mrs Gloomster made a pumpkin pie this afternoon (I didn't have time to carve the pumpkin on Friday).
    Don't think I've ever had it before but it was lovely...

3FA60A2F-164B-4ECC-9616-BF8339D017DF_zpsivlhijkm.jpg

Melt-in-your-mouth lamb stew in red wine, tomato and rosemary, with steamed baby potatoes and peas. Comfort food yumness.

IMG_20141103_193751_zpsobasval_edit_1415044134626_zps63ytgip_edit_1415044366135_zpstf1etp2d.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Mushroom omelette, salad, fried gnocci.

photo3_zpsd36d6988.jpg

Tonight we had medium-rare fillet steak, homemade pepper sauce, wilted spinach, steamed cauliflower & broccoli.

filletsteak1_zpscae860ac.jpg

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Rack of lamb with mash potato, and roasted carrot and parsnip :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Tilly

Indian curry with chicken, sweet patoto and spinach.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,467 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Chicken fujitas with guacamole, cheese and sour cream.

C4C42490-CCF5-4604-A1B2-6F9280FB4AA0_zps6eah2kgd.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

Wandered into Fallon & Byrne on my way home from work and picked up some venison burgers, some of their home made burger buns and some streaky bacon. Good eating. I think there's braised red cabbage in the burgers and they are seriously juicy but the bun stood up to it, I think a bundy would have become a handful of mush very quickly.

F126F6D1-C18B-40E8-A61D-EFFCB6E1E2AD_zpstrh3qbkp.jpg

Toad in a hole, with the toads slightly errrmmm.... well done. Served with onion gravy and obligatory peas.

IMG_20141104_185200_zpsuckpdci_edit_1415127738517_zps4r7piffp.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,588 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

Last night we ate out. Dinner was a big bowl of mussells, drowning in cream, garlic, bacon, shallots and white wine. There may also have been some skinny fries that got dunked in the creamy goodness at the bottom of the bowl.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement