Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'Here's what I had for dinner last night' thread - Part II - Don't quote pics!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭mardybumbum

The plate is foul alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

J Mysterio wrote: »
    Good Bolognese, crappy plate.

No one requires your critique of their delph. Play nice or don't play in this thread.

Thanks.

MissF

Enchiladas made by a lovely friend. They were awesome, do like a bit of Old El Paso. I also found a properly ripe, lovely avocado which just coloured the day in rainbow shades for me! Then half a bottle of wine and some serious over eating pains on my walk home

FouxDaFaFa wrote: »
    [my two salsas of the moment - jalapeno and chipotle.

You & I have the same chipotle hot sauce! Love it! Is the jalapeno stuff good too?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

You & I have the same chipotle hot sauce! Love it! Is the jalapeno stuff good too?
    Yes. It's a lovely clean, fresh sauce. I would recommend it.

FouxDaFaFa wrote: »
    Yes. It's a lovely clean, fresh sauce. I would recommend it.

Fab. I want to have nachos while watching the Late Late Toy Show so will treat myself to a bottle to adorn them!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Sardino

Homemade burgers w/ sweet potato fries. Simple & quick:

- Run an egg white through the mince with finely chopped garlic & onions
    - Make burger shapes & fry off
    - Finish off frying in butter with mushrooms & more onions
    - Chop up sweet potato into chip shapes, mix around in bowl w/ olive oil and seasoning (I used paprika & black pepper) & into the oven

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Enchiladas made by a lovely friend. They were awesome, do like a bit of Old El Paso. I also found a properly ripe, lovely avocado which just coloured the day in rainbow shades for me! Then half a bottle of wine and some serious over eating pains on my walk home

Where did you find the nice avocado Miss F? I find them to be an elusive species here - very hit or miss even when brought home to ripen.

I'm in Dublin & got it in Evergreen on Wexford Street :)

http://thegreengrocer.ie/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Tilly

Sardino wrote: »
    Homemade burgers w/ sweet potato fries. Simple & quick:

- Run an egg white through the mince with finely chopped garlic & onions
    - Make burger shapes & fry off
    - Finish off frying in butter with mushrooms & more onions
    - Chop up sweet potato into chip shapes, mix around in bowl w/ olive oil and seasoning (I used paprika & black pepper) & into the oven
    I leave out the egg and put dejon mustard in instead :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Ilyana 2.0

Tonight's fare was far tastier; my first attempt at gambas pil pil with garlic bread :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭Mrs Fox

My first proper meal in nearly two weeks.

IMG_20141125_190542_zpskh5h4frg.jpg

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,588 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

Reheated takeaway pizza and a can of beer. I'm not nuthin if not classy. :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

We had meatloaf tonight. I forgot to take a photo of the dinner so here's one of what was left.

(my photography skills aren't getting any better...)

ml3yty.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 22,772 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Beef, courgette & sweet potato curry. I went a bit overboard with the spices. Hot, hot, hot!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

Roast lamb, with veg, spuds and gravy. Lamb is definitely my favourite roast dinner, its so delicious :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Chicken Korma. Nice and spicy!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Two herb wraps with a salad of lettuce, spinach, cherry tomato, mushroom, and baby corn. To one I added Serrano ham and garlic and herb cheddar and to the other some Italian salami and brie.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭snowgal

We had the start of our 'turkeys coming' freezer clear out! had the bacon/cheese potatoe skins from lidl, not bad. Also Big Als BBQ glazed chicken, absolutely vile, do.not.get.these! Id say we've another 3 days of freezer stuff before we can but the turkey!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Elbow

What i like to call a FF Burger (Fat Fúcker Burger :o)

IMAG0310_zpsuhfcton0.jpg

Topped with Bacon*, Fried egg, Tomato, Avocado and Smoked garlic aioli.

Served with a sweet potato & coconut rosti and salad from a bag :D

* The most awesome bacon i've ever tasted!
    3568928a-7c04-4282-ad44-e917f47d86c5_zps8ee1eb9b.jpg

mmm, where did you get the bacon please?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,003 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

snowgal wrote: »
    We had the start of our 'turkeys coming' freezer clear out! had the bacon/cheese potatoe skins from lidl, not bad. Also Big Als BBQ glazed chicken, absolutely vile, do.not.get.these! Id say we've another 3 days of freezer stuff before we can but the turkey!

Why not order and pick up your turkey fresh on 23rd or 24th?
    A turkey takes ages to defrost.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Elbow

mmm, where did you get the bacon please?!

It seems to only be a local thing at the moment, i've only seen it in my local supervalue & though the lads themselves at the farmers market.

Absolutely stunning bacon though! Open the packet and your nose is bombarded with the most wonderful smokey molasses smell (insert drooling smiley here)

Why not order and pick up your turkey fresh on 23rd or 24th?
    A turkey takes ages to defrost.

yes when I was at home we always had fresh turkey, always! But my husband does all the cooking in our house now and he has bought frozen ones for the past 7 years and I have to say, they always taste yum yum! so I tend to keep zipped on it........

• Registered Users Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭homemadecider

I'm doing a 24 hour fast that starts after dinner tonight, so I'm now preparing GIANT BURGER DINNER.

I have 250g steak mince which I will burgerise with seasoning & egg and pan fry. Gonna eat the beast with grilled pineapple rings, sweetcorn, sliced beef tomato drizzled in balsamic and some slowslowslow fried onion rings. Ketchup will of course be mandatory.

Bear in mind I'm only 5'3 and 8 stone something so I don't usually have such giant dinners... I'm very excited! (Obviously not so excited at the prospect of no food for 24 hours... though I'm told tea is allowed so not all is lost :))

• Registered Users Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭homemadecider

I did it! Ate every bit! There was so much food it was falling off the sides of the plate, haha. God that was savage. 10/10, would gorge again.

giantburger_zpsea690c4a.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 17,003 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

yes when I was at home we always had fresh turkey, always! But my husband does all the cooking in our house now and he has bought frozen ones for the past 7 years and I have to say, they always taste yum yum! so I tend to keep zipped on it........

Ah, for some reason I thought you were buying fresh turkey and freezing it, which would make no sense. I guess frozen turkeys are way cheaper than fresh? If they taste good and you have room in the freezer, why not?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,742 ✭✭✭dmc17

I did it! Ate every bit! There was so much food it was falling off the sides of the plate, haha. God that was savage. 10/10, would gorge again.

And what did you have for the main course :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

Went on a marinating buzz yesterday. Marinated a jar of olives in olive oil, vinegar, fennel seeds, bay leaves, oregano, thyme and garlic then some chicken in lemon and garlic. Left them for the day then put them together with a salad and some potatoes for this little greek number.

Cpffodk.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭To Elland Back

dmc17 wrote: »
    And what did you have for the main course :pac:

Some beautiful food here but I couldn't handle the small portions. I'd be Hank Marvin for the rest of the day

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Mushroom omelette and salad.

I've gone from rarely cooking omelettes, and butchering them when I did, to something of an omelette whiz. Very proud of myself

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement