Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'Here's what I had for dinner last night' thread - Part II - Don't quote pics!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

charcuterie plate & bruschetta washed down with 2 glasses of sauvignon blanc. Feeling wrecked this morning from the wine!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Creamy mash topped with smoked haddock and a poached egg. Even the toddler loved it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

I left out a portion of chilli i had from the freezer tgis morning.

I baked 2 small sweet potatoes with mushrooms and poured the chilli and cheese over it.

Stuffed.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

Beef stew from my slow cooker. Old winter favourite growing up, first time making it myself :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

Tonight we're having home made pizzas with various toppings, pepperoni, salami, chorizo, ham, bacon, mushrooms, onions, garlic, scallions.

They shall be enjoyed while watching the Toy Show and will be washed down with Whiskey Stout.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

We had chicken & mushroom pie with mash tonight. Pure comfort food :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,467 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Thanksgiving arrived a day late in our house.....
    Buttermilk Baked Chicken with Buscuits and KFC style gravy.

DEC60F9E-E3AD-4886-AB40-016B82A4AD07_zpssk3adwlm.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

I had a cheesy chicken and rice and broccoli thing. It was yum.

Pimped up pizza - a Tesco margerita with added spinach, mushroom, Serrano ham, feta and pesto.

photo1_zpsd0e9148d.jpg

I only felt a little judged as I bought what is probably termed the Breakup Special in Tesco: single pizza, tub of Ben & Jerry's, bottle of wine.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭iwantmydinner

Last night we ate in Manifesto in Rathmines.

A Carnivore pizza for him, a type of gnocchi made with ricotta (owner told me it was a super ancient - like before Christopher Columbus went to Murica and brought spuds back ancient - recipe) with prawns.

OMFG it was unbelievable. Every bit of it. The pizza was out of this world. We've both been thinking about it all day!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Minder

Sounds amazing. Ricotta gnocchi are known as gnudi, Joliver has a recipe for them if you ever fancy giving them a go.

http://www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/cheese-recipes/butter-sage-gnudi/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

Last night was more pizzas, so tonight we're having roast duck as we haven't had it in ages, so we're really looking forward to it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭homemadecider

Last night we went to a friend's house for a dinner party. The starter was excellent, a very fresh and beautifully presented crab salad:

Crabsalad_zps195ff959.jpg

For mains we had slow cooked beef cheeks with lots of mash and rich gravy.

beefrobin_zpsf4490ecb.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭homemadecider

Tonight we had housekeepers cut that I braised in the slow cooker for about 24 hours. I shredded it with my hands and then made a gravy from roux and beef stock and lashed the beef in. I added some english mustard at the end. The meat soaked up the gravy and it was fecken delicious. We had it with mash.

housekeeperscut1_zps29e5e02e.jpg

housekeeperscut2_zps6e16682c.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭kenco

Friday - red thai curry with monkfish and prawns. Had a Vino Verde with it which matched nicely

Saturday - slooooow cooked pork shoulder served with home made slaw (red/white cabbage and carrot) and steamed baby spuds. First time trying this and it worked well. Loads of leftovers devoured by all at lunch today as pulled pork

Sunday - pending - roast rib of beef with roast spuds and roast root veg (in with the meat). Debating between a red wine reduction or gravy.....big hearted Red breathing away to deal with all that roast flavors (Volpol Ripassa)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭Mrs Fox

Duck and aubergine tamarind curry, stir fried garlic sugar snap peas and steamed rice.

IMG_20141130_192000_zpserrtoywh.jpg

Burger casserole. The recipe was a bit heavy on the Dijon for my taste but overall very tasty. It was supposed to have gherkins in in too, but nowhere had them - my local Tesco had four kinds of pickled onion, but no gherkins.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Ilyana 2.0

Last night's dinner was a roast to beat all roasts. Leg of lab with pan gravy, brussels sprouts fried with bacon, roast potatoes, gratin potatoes and Yorkshire pudding (made by my Yorkshire mammy).

The post-meal nostalgia is strong!

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Last night I tried the venison steaks in Aldi! Pretty good! Very tender and a nice flavour. I'll be trying them again.

w31Ypm7.png?1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭mardybumbum

Stir Fry tonight.

Red pepper, mangetout, red onion, white onion, garlic, red chilli, corn. With chicken coated in Paprika.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

Risotto with mushrooms & pancetta. Very delightful on a Winter's evening. As with all of my meals, the photo looks like congealed prison slop & so has been consigned to the bad food photo bin.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,772 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Chicken wings tonight with a massive salad/slaw of shredded bok choi, bean sprouts, radishes, cucumber, scallions & a dressing made from lime juice, rapeseed oil, Chilli & grated ginger.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,672 ✭✭✭Oblomov

after the beta version... 1.1

5Ru8pC.jpg

with Amaretto ... delish..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭Pang

Chicken chasseur tonight. Surprisingly tasty.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,588 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

Been a lot of travel and a lot of sick tums in our house recently, so not a lot of cooking done.

Tonight however was a beautiful piece of rolled beef rib roast, smothered in mustard and cooked to medium, with roast potatoes, roast carrots, a whole roasted garlic bulb, steamed broccoli and gravy. Nom.

Still not allowed to post a picture. :(

Still not allowed to post a picture. :(

22 more, completely delicious sounding by the way, descriptions of your dinner and you are free to post all the photos you want.

I'll look forward to it! That beef sounds *good*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Ilyana 2.0

A horribly bland sweet and sour chicken from a jar (of the Dunnes Stores variety). I don't usually use jars but I'm home for the week and my mum always has them in the press.

Ah well, at least the dog had a decent feed, even if I didn't :o

Tagliatelle & a nice ragu with loads of cheese (spaghetti bolognese basically, mammy style)

D049BA58-A1CC-4049-9325-9484D6221B67_zpsct2fqj5d.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Simonigs1.0

Hi all, this is my first post in here I believe. I figure I might do okay here. I do a lot of travelling for work so I often find myself eating in restaurants a lot as I don't really have the facilities to cook a proper meal in a hotel room (can't be bothered after a day's work sounds more right :P). I often try to find a nice restaurant outside of where I'm staying but the current place is a bit rural so, here - satay chicken from rural Ballyvaughan. It was really good.
    10402033_333323283519395_2983062763297214547_n.jpg?oh=762e606ffab5c5b0fe9faf20b001add4&oe=54FCC00F&__gda__=1427524563_7f6a62f6500bfb4542079e450ce75aed

• Advertisement

Hi all, this is my first post in here I believe. I figure I might do okay here.

*waves*

Do hang around and show us more food, we like that!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement