Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'Here's what I had for dinner last night' thread - Part II - Don't quote pics!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,772 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Fridge-cleaner dinner this evening. De-fleshed leftover wings & shredded the meat. Popped into a broth of miso, chicken stock & some Thai red curry paste with ginger, chili & garlic. Then added shredded bok choi, scallions, radishes & fresh coriander. Hot, sour & tasty!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

photo1_zps412ea804.jpg

King prawn chow mein.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭maryfred

Fridge-cleaner dinner this evening. De-fleshed leftover wings & shredded the meat. Popped into a broth of miso, chicken stock & some Thai red curry paste with ginger, chili & garlic. Then added shredded bok choi, scallions, radishes & fresh coriander. Hot, sour & tasty!

Dying with a cold,this sounds just what I need to unblock the pipes.No time today,but for sure tomorrow. (-:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,588 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

Due to a specific illness I am off dairy, refined carbohydrates, fruit, alcohol and caffeine. Woe is me. :(

For dinner I roasted a couple of sliced baby potatoes in coconut oil, then topped them with a very spicy chilli con carne, packed full of onions, garlic, chillis, tomatoes and mixed beans.

Instead of the usual cheese and sour cream, I topped it with jalapenos and sliced spring onions.

It was good but I missed the cheese!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

The sour cream is the best bit!

• Advertisement

J Mysterio wrote: »
    The sour cream is the best bit!

why must you hurt me so

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,742 ✭✭✭dmc17

10 min meal tonight. Stir fried beef noodles

beefNoodles_zpsebaaa7c6.png

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

Had a go at cooking my fiance's Wagamama favourite, chicken katsu curry with sticky rice. Was really easy and delicious :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭cee_jay

Had a go at cooking my fiance's Wagamama favourite, chicken katsu curry with sticky rice. Was really easy and delicious :D
    Yum!
    Have you got a recipe?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

cee_jay wrote: »
    Yum!
    Have you got a recipe?

Indeed I do

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

Tonight's Ossobuco.......

330793.jpg

Nom.......feckin........nom

• Closed Accounts Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Simonigs1.0

Red pepper quiche and asparagus quiche. Dead easy to make. Just takes a bit of time and some beer. The first dinner I have had at home all week, it was excellent. As a teenager I drank more Wadworth 6X than any other beer. Was pleased to spot it for sale the other day, a few bottles followed me home.

Bit of cropping and colouring the phone-pic with Picnik on this one.

[IMG]htt://scontent-a-lhr.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpa1/v/t1.0-9/10850219_838279402880952_5626087548009674904_n.jpg?oh=fa6d03f73c08efb800f3f0ccffa37b88&oe=55054500[/IMG]

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Is it like the one in Wagamamma? I may try making it but can you buy this anywhere? Wagamamma's katsu curry is one of my favourite meals in the world!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭allandanyways

Chicken massaman curry from Camile Thai with steamed jasmine rice and the lovely crispy shallots that come with it.

I was terribly fond of an oul Camile when I lived in Dun Laoghaire and my OH often jokes that I chose our current apartment based on the fact that Camile D7 deliver here.

It played a part in the decision, I won't lie.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭tampopo

tampopo wrote: »
    only meals of worth this week were shabbu shabbu on Monday and hereiscider's salmon over onion and leek and broccoli for the second time in 8 days. That's a good 'un hereiscider, no doubt about it. simple but very effective. I've slipped int a bit of a rut, absolutely no new ideas of what/how to cook....but thanks for that.

I gave hereiscider's salmon another go. It's great. Ta much....

WP_000080_zpsa4cccea9.jpg

Jawgap wrote: »
    Tonight's Ossobuco.......

[IMG][/img]<mod snip>

Nom.......feckin........nom

That looks amazing. Do you have a recipe? Is that risotto with it?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Zascar wrote: »
    Is it like the one in Wagamamma? I may try making it but can you buy this anywhere? Wagamamma's katsu curry is one of my favourite meals in the world!

M&S do one that's amazing.

Yes, it's Milanese Risotto - basically saffron risotto. The only variation I introduced was I used carnoli instead of arborio rice.

Getting proper veal shanks was the tricky bit.

Will post the recipe up later when I'm near a computer

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

BaZmO* wrote: »
    M&S do one that's amazing.

Nice one - thanks Baz I'll check that out!

• Advertisement

Ham hock, barley, and lentil stew. Bit of salt and pepper, bit of soy sauce, dash of Worcestershire, bay leaf and mixed herbs. Just the job for a chilly December night. Ate it too quick to take a picture :)

I had been using (and I know it's terrible) pre-ground pepper, but I bought a mill last week and the difference in taste is phenomenal.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,742 ✭✭✭dmc17

Thai Green Curry today

thaiGreen_zps4137fb02.png

As promised

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭Tarzana2

kylith wrote: »
    I had been using (and I know it's terrible) pre-ground pepper, but I bought a mill last week and the difference in taste is phenomenal.

Yeah, I've been without a pepper mill for more than a year and I do miss it. Might ask for one off Santy.

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭Applause

dmc17 wrote: »
    Thai Green Curry today

That looks delicious! Rice with peas is my favourite.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

Some leftover roast pork in quesidillas and a sort-of guacamole on the side. Lots of chipotle hot sauce too

D6716A0E-D646-4F78-8344-A192520067D0_zpsym4aybe0.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Minder

Did a trial run for a brined and roast turkey over charcoal tonight. Had a crown of turkey with roast spuds, a whole roast cauliflower, steamed broccoli and loads of gravy. Turkey was amazing, tinged pink from the smoke, flavour was incredible. Definitely having that on the big day if it isn't blowing a hooley.

We had some glazed ham last night (tis the season!) and veggies.

Cold ham for lunch today. Nyom.

A toasted wrap with salmon, spinach, and brie.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭GrahamThomas

MissF, your post inspired me! Dinner tonight was chorizo & potato quesadillas. Bought a nice bottle of chipotle hot sauce last weekend so had plenty of that with it too.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement