Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'Here's what I had for dinner last night' thread - Part II - Don't quote pics!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Jamie Oliver recipe tonight. Beef stir fry with black bean and spring onions and egg fried rice. Loved the colours of the beef marinade so had to take a picture of that too!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,588 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

Nachos tonight, with home made salsa and guac. Some cheese and sour cream on there. May have consumed 37 portions.

2ic5di1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Ah... Sour Cream.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,816 ✭✭✭Baggy Trousers

Mrs Fox wrote: »
    Early dinner on a dirty dirty evening - Chicken Paprikash with rice. Having seconds. Yum.

Have you a recipe for this handy? Looks nice and I love paprika.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭Mrs Fox

Have you a recipe for this handy? Looks nice and I love paprika.

Sure do, just scroll up a little bit - I've posted the link up at StripedBoxer's request.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Sukiyaki for my brother. Any excuse to make it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Toulouse

Jamie Oliver recipe tonight. Beef stir fry with black bean and spring onions and egg fried rice. Loved the colours of the beef marinade so had to take a picture of that too!

I love that recipe!!

Haven't made it in years, must do it again soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,003 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Pork chops again (last pic was from about 10 days ago):D
    Kale, fried polenta cake, marjoram and mustard sauce.

7aj4wz.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,467 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Some things can't wait 'til Christmas. Bought myself a couple of these beauties from Nisbets.ie.....

A5CAAD0E-001F-46BB-848C-C9EEE03782A5_zpsjknu0lrl.jpg

They worked perfectly, making the transfer of pizza to the pizza stone a doddle - no lip to get in the way.

My first attempt was Aldi meatballs with sun-dried tomatoes. Delicious! :)

484B0825-CD4F-434C-931F-0523B4CC4CB5_zpszysa5qbf.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

On the way home from work today we picked up all the ingredients to make our own pizza and a pizza stone. Then spent an hour walking around Dublin and by the time we got back to the house we (well, to be honest, I) were so narky that the process of making pizza and the wait for dough to do its thing would have resulted in a relationship ending fight. So instead I have an empty plastic tub of lamb dopiaza, half an empty tub of chickpea rice, a warm belly, a mug of rioja and the peace of mind that comes from knowing you haven't hurled abuse at anyone under the influence of hunger hystrionics. Pizza will happen soon.

I seriously, while hysterical and narky, wondered if Curry Addict or anyone who hangs around in his thread had some base mix in the freezer and were willing to do a home delivery in Dublin 7

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Nachos tonight, with home made salsa and guac. Some cheese and sour cream on there. May have consumed 37 portions.

This would be my death row meal :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,003 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

On the way home from work today we picked up all the ingredients to make our own pizza and a pizza stone. Then spent an hour walking around Dublin and by the time we got back to the house we (well, to be honest, I) were so narky that the process of making pizza and the wait for dough to do its thing would have resulted in a relationship ending fight.

Oh, don't do this hungry.
    I'm blushing already at the language that will come from you during the process of getting the soft, elastic, sticky, beautifully topped pizza onto the scorching hot stone!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭Loire

Went to the chipper last night and it was AMAZING :D We both kinda needed it. Polished off a few Weissbiers too :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Ilyana 2.0

Last night we treated ourselves to a Four Star pizza with various kinds of meat, garlic bread and chips and some cookies for after while watching Home Alone with a bottle of merlot.

It's Christmas now, lads :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

Tonight was garlic pork chops and spuds. I couldn't eat it, the chops were way too salty, my eyes watered with the saltiness of them. The spuds were rotten too. Don't know where I went wrong with the spuds, chops were bought in the butchers already marinated so they get the blame for that!

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭Applause

Garlic chips from Supermac's at 4am. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

Heading out tonight and away tomorrow for a couple of days so tonight's dinner had a few requirements. Use up random bits of leftovers and lonely fridge veg and sustain me through a few hours of Christmas drinks & cheer this evening. Fried a clove of smoked garlic with a few sad wrinkly little cherry tomatoes and a chorizo sausage, then tipped in a leftover tub of chickpea pilau followed by the last egg and ending with a grated square of suspiciously elderly cheddar. Served with a rake of chipotle hot sauce and it was quite a pleasant rice 'thing' and should propel me safely through to midnight at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭snowgal

Tonight was garlic pork chops and spuds. I couldn't eat it, the chops were way too salty, my eyes watered with the saltiness of them. The spuds were rotten too. Don't know where I went wrong with the spuds, chops were bought in the butchers already marinated so they get the blame for that!

Ha, you're not in Meath by any chance? The exact same happened me a few weeks ago. Had them again on Thursday but refused their seasoning!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭snowgal

Loire wrote: »
    Went to the chipper last night and it was AMAZING :D We both kinda needed it. Polished off a few Weissbiers too :p

Yes ditto! It was yum yum. Though we both thought their fish portions had gone abit miserly....still a chipper once in a while is soooo good :)

snowgal wrote: »
    Ha, you're not in Meath by any chance? The exact same happened me a few weeks ago. Had them again on Thursday but refused their seasoning!
    Nope not Meath. We often get the garlic chicken pieces and they are lovely, not salty, but the chops the other night were horrid in my opinion. I love salty food, but they were way too much for me even.

Tonight was overcooked roast beef (it was tough it was so overcooked) with veg and spuds.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭allandanyways

Crab Tagliatelle with spinach and a white wine sauce topped with crispy shallots. Absolute indulgence. It's nearly Christmas after all!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,772 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

So, Mrs B & The Kids expressed a preference early yesterday to have pizza for dinner. Not my fave food tbh.

So I defrosted a pack of 28-day dry aged Hereford steaks Mrs B bought at one stage. Last night I grabbed a couple of beers & my head torch & headed off into the pitch black of my garden/field to barbecue them.

Barbecued steaks on the Winter Solstice - ye can't beat it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Minder

Roast chicken on the BGE. Brined the bird for 24 hours and stuffed it with sage and onion stuffing. Maple glazed roast carrots and parsnips, and a mountain of roast taters, wilted spinach, steamed broccoli and a gallon of gravy completed the plates.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Rack of Lamb. Watching all this masterchef is finally paying off

10850150_10154901338630333_8237320405331134111_n.jpg?oh=f01f0291efb72878902a76d98715b108&oe=54FFDD97

Crab Tagliatelle with spinach and a white wine sauce topped with crispy shallots. Absolute indulgence. It's nearly Christmas after all!

When I read this I decided immediately to make this myself last night. Mother of God it was so nice! The start of Xmas now!!

Could you post the recipe for this please? It sounds unreal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

It's gotten cold here, so I made tartiflette; nom. the Christmas calorie explosion has started, and I don't even feel sorry! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭Mrs Fox

The Cooking Club's Vietnamese Roast Chicken with sticky fragrant rice to soak the beautiful juices. With quick stir fry of sugar snap peas.

Hi,

In case OP doesn't get around to replying, here's the one I used - I added separately fried cherry tomtoms as well...

http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/1120669/crab-linguine-with-chilli-and-parsley

Loire.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭allandanyways

No worries! It's a dish you can throw together in 10 mins, so super handy to have.

Ingredients:
    1 pack fresh crab meat (€2.99 in Lidl at the mo!)
    1 pack fresh tagliatelle (you can use dried, just give the pasta about 10 mins to cook before you start the process)
    1 Pot of cream
    salt, pepper
    1 lemon
    Glass of white wine (whatever's handy)
    1 small red chilli
    Bunch of spinach
    1 small onion
    2 cloves garlic
    1 shallot

Method
    Dice your onion, garlic and chilli really finely. Stick water on to boil and get a deep pan ready with a splash of olive oil
    Salt the water just before it comes to the boil
    Add onion, garlic and chilli to pan and soften until translucent
    Drop your tagliatelle into the water and reduce to simmer
    Add white wine to the veg and cook off for a minute
    Throw in the crab meat and stir until it's all one ridey mixture
    Drain the pasta, keep some of the water and add to the pan. Reduce heat.
    Cook for a minute until the sauce is covering the pasta.
    Chop the spinach and add to pan. Stir until it wilts down a wee bit. squeeze of lemon.
    Add cream (the best part) and season to taste. Black pepper is your friend here.
    Let it cook down for a minute or two and then serve with garlic bread or crispy shallots.

It is WHOPPER.

Crispy shallots are just finely diced shallots, floured and seasoned and then 30 seconds deep frying. Always deadly with saucey stuff.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement