Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'Here's what I had for dinner last night' thread - Part II - Don't quote pics!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Minder

Grilled chicken marinated in oregano, smoked garlic, sumac and chilli. Rolled that in warm flatbreads - khubz. Dressed the sandwich with baba ganouch, lettuce, shredded fennel and a scatter of pomegranate seeds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Tilly

LOVE my meat wagon!!! I'm dead jealous.

We went to Dublin Zoo today for a wander and on the way home hunger hit like a hammer so, in tribute to all the lionses and tigerses, we went to My Meat Wagon in Smithfield and ate a barnyard.

I've never heard of it, sounds like my kind of spot and will be checking it out soon, thanks very much!

Last night I made us Thai green chicken and prawn curry for the first time in ages.Packed full of garlic, ginger, chili, lemongrass, lime, coriander, basil, onions, red peppers and bamboo shoots, it turned out very fresh and fragrant. I won't be leaving it as long next time to make one again.

y0lyskU.jpg?1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭Overflow

Zascar wrote: »
    Rack of Lamb. Watching all this masterchef is finally paying off
    <Mod snip: Don't quote pictures>

Except that your lamb is raw ;) Great presentation skills though!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭Overflow

no xmas dinner pics !!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,467 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Overflow wrote: »
    no xmas dinner pics !!

Over in the Christmas thread.....;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Anchovy, black olive and blue cheese pizza, made with homemade tomato sauce and the cooking club pizza base. Nom!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭Shenshen

Had a lot of vegetable odds and ends to use up, so yesterday it was potato and veg fritters. Roesti, for those of a Swiss persuasion, or Reibekuchen for all fellow Germans ;)

With a nice cucumber salad in a garlic and lemon yoghurt dressing.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Roast mushroom and Brie soup bulked up with a mix of brown and wild rice. I think I was a touch heavy handed with the thyme, but overall delicious.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭Loire

Beef stir fry, nice and hot too!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,588 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

Chicken kiev, home-made chips and corn. Good white trash dinner. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

Bacon and chicken in a creamy sundried tomato sauce.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

Delicious cooking club stroganoff with white rice. Sauce was ever so good.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭Pang

Did a pork meatball tagine tonight with couscous.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭Mrs Fox

Delicious cooking club stroganoff with white rice. Sauce was ever so good.

Snap! The ripple effect of a bumped thread.
    I too made the cooking club stroganoff with beef and mountains of mushroom, served with steamed rice. Searing the meat quickly in hot butter is the making of the dish, isn't it. Such good flavour.

Mrs Fox wrote: »
    Searing the meat quickly in hot butter is the making of the dish, isn't it.

So, so good! Smelled amazing as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Minder

Dinner tonight was Vietnamese chicken with lemongrass. Sides of jasmine rice, steamed broccoli with ginger and soy sauce, stir fried corn with mushrooms and spring onions. Also had some duck spring rolls that needed using up. Made a dipping sauce from pickled plums and a couple of tablespoons of plum sauce.

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭GrahamThomas

Last night for starters we had fried plantain with chilli & lime - Followed by Lingua Franca's Jamaican Lamb Curry from the random recipe thread, served with rice & peas and a few bottles of Guinness Extra Stout.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,772 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Shenshen wrote: »
    Had a lot of vegetable odds and ends to use up, so yesterday it was potato and veg fritters. Roesti, for those of a Swiss persuasion, or Reibekuchen for all fellow Germans ;)

With a nice cucumber salad in a garlic and lemon yoghurt dressing.
    That looks lovely. However, I would consider rösti & Reibekuchen to be two different things though. Rösti to me is a grated potato 'cake', whereas Reibekuchen is more of a potato 'pancake' due to the addition of sour cream, egg & flour.

I used to devour Reibekuchen & Apple sauce at the Düsseldorf Weinachtsmarkt. Yum! Happy memories! :)

Minder wrote: »
    Dinner tonight was Vietnamese chicken with lemongrass. Sides of jasmine rice, steamed broccoli with ginger and soy sauce, stir fried corn with mushrooms and spring onions. Also had some duck spring rolls that needed using up. Made a dipping sauce from pickled plums and a couple of tablespoons of plum sauce.

Hi Minder,

That sounds fab - any chance of a recipe?

Thanks!
    Loire.

• Advertisement

Loire wrote: »
    Hi Minder,

That sounds fab - any chance of a recipe?

Thanks!
    Loire.

Vietnamese Roast Chicken
    has got to be my top 3 cooking club recipe.

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭dibkins

slack_for_ios_upload_1024.png

I used to devour Reibekuchen & Apple sauce at the Düsseldorf Weinachtsmarkt. Yum! Happy memories! :)

Would these be the same bunnies as Kartoffelpuffer? I did the absolute dog on Kartoffelpuffer & apple sauce followed by Kartoffelpuffer and some kind of quarky sauce at a festival a couple of years back and haven't been able to look them in the eye since. I must have been 80% potato coming home.

Vietnamese Roast Chicken

That'll certainly do!
    Loire.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,464 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Would these be the same bunnies as Kartoffelpuffer? I did the absolute dog on Kartoffelpuffer & apple sauce followed by Kartoffelpuffer and some kind of quarky sauce at a festival a couple of years back and haven't been able to look them in the eye since. I must have been 80% potato coming home.
    Reibekuchen and Kartoffelpuffer are the same thing. However they're not actually the same as Roesti. Reibekuchen are made from grated raw potato plus onion, egg and flour, whereas Roesti are made with just potato, and traditionally with cooked potato rather than raw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Beef stew, nice for a cold evening!

Vietnamese Roast Chicken

Hiya,

I found the recipe below for chicken breasts (rather than whole chicken) which sounds lovely

http://rasamalaysia.com/recipe-vietnamese-lemongrass-chicken/2/

Loire.

Newlyn Fish Pie topped with crunchy panko crumbs, served with steamed broccoli and mash.

IMG_20150106_180204_zps6dh6cdy_edit_1420570031655_zpsoftovczo.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

Half a roast wild pheasant with baby spuds cooked under him and roasted red peppers and carrots. Only bit into one pellet too which is a bonus :D

First time plucking and cleaning one. The cats had fun in the feathers too!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Duck leg on plum mash, with veal jus and red onion marmalade, followed by chicken supreme with mash and roast veg.

God it was delicious, new restaurant we've found in Ashbourne, and was seriously good value at 12.95 for two courses.

OH had minestrone and lasagne

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement