Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'Here's what I had for dinner last night' thread - Part II - Don't quote pics!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

Mrs Fox wrote: »
    Snap! The ripple effect of a bumped thread.
    I too made the cooking club stroganoff with beef and mountains of mushroom, served with steamed rice. Searing the meat quickly in hot butter is the making of the dish, isn't it. Such good flavour.
    Delicious cooking club stroganoff with white rice. Sauce was ever so good.

did this too but used fresh beetroot instead of beef.

First time having beetroot, was pretty nice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

Meatballs with cream gravy and mustard mash. Pure heart attack dinner, there was nearly as much butter & cream in the mash as potato

d6514cbb-32e0-4401-980a-4c16f5e7af4d_zpsa111478c.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 22,772 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Kovu wrote: »
    Half a roast wild pheasant with baby spuds cooked under him and roasted red peppers and carrots. Only bit into one pellet too which is a bonus :D

First time plucking and cleaning one. The cats had fun in the feathers too!

Plucking & drawing a bird is such a pain in the ass. Give me a rabbit to gut & skin any day.

I got good news on the job front today & am coming back home after almost 6 years in Der Schweiz, so I treated myself to a big-ass sirloin with roasted baby spuds & scallion & tomato gravy.

Sipping on a wee Jameson now to dull the thoughts of all the fecking packing & cleaning I am going to have to do.

I got good news on the job front today & am coming back home after almost 6 years in Der Schweiz

Wonderful!! Congratulations :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭kenco

Wonderful!! Congratulations :D

Nice one. Good to be back in the Auld Sod for you and all the Hill Billies (but what will you do without the purple carrotts:pac:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

That's great news THB, I'd say the family are delighted!!

They had blue potatoes on the market today. These foreigners are mad with their strange veg & funny lingo. Mad I tells ya! :D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Plucking & drawing a bird is such a pain in the ass. Give me a rabbit to gut & skin any day.

I got good news on the job front today & am coming back home after almost 6 years in Der Schweiz, so I treated myself to a big-ass sirloin with roasted baby spuds & scallion & tomato gravy.

Sipping on a wee Jameson now to dull the thoughts of all the fecking packing & cleaning I am going to have to do.

Congratulations!
    kenco wrote: »
    Nice one. Good to be back in the Auld Sod for you and all the Hill Billies (but what will you do without the purple carrotts:pac:)

They sell them in the weekend market in Howth on occasion, not too far down the road from tHB

• Registered Users Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭iwantmydinner

Congratulations tHB! Super news

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,588 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

God that's good news the Hill Billy. Major congratulations.

Tonight my friend cooked and we had Moroccan spiced vegetables with quinoa, topped with loads of feta, raisins and toasted almonds. Dessert was Christmas leftover - chocolate marzipan log, and a really great whisky cheese from Lidl. Washed down with the last of the new year bubbles. Really great meal.

• Advertisement

Medium-cooked striploins, plus homemade potato skins loaded with white cheddar, balsamic-glazed lardons and sour cream.

SgIQHHW.jpg?2

• Registered Users Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Minder

Congratulations, that's brilliant news.

Dinner was a mish mash of asian dishes. Sliced Vietnamese lemongrass chicken breast with broccoli over ramen noodles and chicken stock. Korean chicken wings. Fried rice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Congrats THB!

Yesterday was the Epiphany so I made a Galette des Rois for the first time ever. (Ok I used premade puff pastry but I got the best quality ones I could find). It was lovely, but I didn't find the fève, my toddler did, boo!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,278 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Brilliant news THB! :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

I got good news on the job front today & am coming back home after almost 6 years in Der Schweiz,

That's great news! Congratulations :)

Aw, shucks! Thanks everybody! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭dibkins

Congrats. You are gonna miss the salt! (Why is the food so salty over there?:().

• Registered Users Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭Shenshen

That looks lovely. However, I would consider rösti & Reibekuchen to be two different things though. Rösti to me is a grated potato 'cake', whereas Reibekuchen is more of a potato 'pancake' due to the addition of sour cream, egg & flour.

I used to devour Reibekuchen & Apple sauce at the Düsseldorf Weinachtsmarkt. Yum! Happy memories! :)

Could be a Western German version... where I'm from, they would be grated potatoes, onion, bit of majoran and egg and potato strach to bind them.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,004 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Jook.
    Savoury rice porridge with ginger, soy sauce spring onions, Chinese sausage and braised cabbage on the side.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭Loire

Jook.
    Savoury rice porridge with ginger, soy sauce spring onions, Chinese sausage and braised cabbage on the side.

No pic? :eek::mad::pac:

• Advertisement

Loire wrote: »
    No pic? :eek::mad::pac:

Too hungry.
    There's probably a pic of the same dish in my history, somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭Loire

Too hungry.
    There's probably a pic of the same dish in my history, somewhere.

I'd only have asked for a recipe anyway :)

Loire wrote: »
    I'd only have asked for a recipe anyway :)

Just search for jook.
    I have a few posts on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Congrats TBH and welcome home.

What will you do without all that crazy stuff you could get in Switzerland??

• Registered Users Posts: 31,886 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I had pan fried chicken with wholemeal fusilli, spinach and melted feta cheese. I had some cucumber and tomato on the side.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 656 ✭✭✭EITS

Tried making chicken tikka using this recipe, leaving out one or two things (cinnamon was one) that I was too lazy/forgot to add but it turned out pretty nice!

2015_01_07_17_37_05.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

This is my first time to post here but I love reading everyone else's dinners :) Tonight we had left over baked ham so I made a pie from ham, mushroom, spring onion, carrots and peas in a garlic white sauce topped with Parmesan mashed potato. Haven't tried it just yet but it looks magnifique!

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭5unflower

Food pics from me are few and far between at the moment, but here is today's sort of curry

48E854CDC9BD437983C9242B964D4953-0000353053-0003713631-00800L-DDF23DC4F8824296A312A049079C355F.jpg

Chicken & chorizo quesadillas for those people who aren't sporting post Christmas stock pot sized bellies and chicken & chorizo & baby spinach salad with a tiny amont of queso for those whose are. Also crispy toasted, broken up corn tortillas. Was very pleasant, very pleasant indeed

7daad07f-52d4-4226-9951-5d38334b48ad_zpscdbd77dd.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,467 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Thai Pork Lettuce Wraps
    727F7603-B6C5-4609-8E43-CCF8307C23C0_zpsgdbu0ztg.jpg
    Recipe is here http://rasamalaysia.com/thai-chicken-lettuce-wraps/2/ (I substituted Pork for Chicken). Sweet soy sauce was soy, honey and five spice with added ginger.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement