Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'Here's what I had for dinner last night' thread - Part II - Don't quote pics!

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Home made burgers with onions, gravy, mash and veg :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

Steaks, mushrooms, onions and peas for us tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Minder

New dish tonight. We had Thai Southern Style Yellow Fish Curry. This is made with mackerel. Recipe suggested the mackerel is pepper cured for an hour before cooking but I didn't have time. Made a paste of shallots, garlic, galangal, gapi and hot chillies. Cooked that out with a light stock before adding sugar, tamarind, fish sauce and green beans. Grilled the mackerel on the bone until the skins were blistered and the fish just cooked. Cooled the fish and flaked it into the sauce with a handful of pineapple chunks. Thickened it with a little cornflour and finished with a squeeze of lime juice.

Cracking little fish curry and one I will definitely be making again :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭pampootie

Warm chicken salad. Chicken marinated in lemon, then roasted, chopped and added to rocket, red pepper, cherry tomatoes, carrot sticks and shallots. Pesto mayo on the side because I can only take this January nonsense so far

• Registered Users Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭Loire

Minder wrote: »
    New dish tonight. We had Thai Southern Style Yellow Fish Curry. This is made with mackerel. Recipe suggested the mackerel is pepper cured for an hour before cooking but I didn't have time. Made a paste of shallots, garlic, galangal, gapi and hot chillies. Cooked that out with a light stock before adding sugar, tamarind, fish sauce and green beans. Grilled the mackerel on the bone until the skins were blistered and the fish just cooked. Cooled the fish and flaked it into the sauce with a handful of pineapple chunks. Thickened it with a little cornflour and finished with a squeeze of lime juice.

Cracking little fish curry and one I will definitely be making again :-)

WOW!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭iwantmydinner

Loire wrote: »
    WOW!!

+ 1

Dinner tonight was a visit to My Meat Wagon in Smithfield with a lovely friend. I had the pig in a box with fries and sausage. Am happy. Fck January.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,588 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

Our neighbours came over for a bite. We had slow cooked beef madras tonight, full of onions, garlic, spinach, tomatoes and coconut milk. With basmati and naan, sour cream and mango chutney. Christmas cake and tea for dessert. It was so warming and yummy. Leftovers for lunch tomorrow. Noice wan.

Last night the urge for wings got at us, so I gave in a made some Buffalo wings with Frank's and a drizzle of balsamic and honey reduction. Served with a lettuce, spring onion and Parmesan salad and a chargrilled corn on the cob.

It tasted glorious.

KaRZZ46.jpg?1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Baked potatoes with ham, broccoli, sour cream and a mix of cheese. Tasty!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Oh man... I can just never get enough chicken wings.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Curry Addict

salt baked Bream, juicy and delicious :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭Mrs Fox

Steak night, ooh yeah. Medium rare rib eye drizzled in pepper butter, steamed baby potatoes, sauteed onion and mushroom.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,467 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Turkey burger with warm crisps and a salad.

B0F4577C-660B-4F4F-A1C7-E23C2FF98CF6_zpswkmltn1a.jpg

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,588 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

Chicken, chorizo, chilli, garlic and veggies in a tomato cream sauce, tossed with pasta, topped with cheese and baked.

rhqx4n.jpg

So good.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Freezer chilli with tortilla chips and mashed avocado!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭purplecow1977

I need that now. Never made chilli in my life but god I want that. Now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

Yeah angeldelight, I already had freezer chili today but yours looks SO much nicer! Cravings!

Tonight I had pork with waterchestnuts & big thick noodles. Think there was soy and worcestershire sauce in there and I added a big spoon of Laoganma black bean. Good meal, want more!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

It was a lazy dinner tonight of homemade chips, vegetarian curry (Erin)and basmati rice. Erin curry is something I only eat every few months but it makes me very nostalgic to the Saturday night curries my mam used to make when we were kids.
    I kept a bit over and added chicken soup and only a spoon of curry for the toddler.

yellow hen wrote: »
    It was a lazy dinner tonight of homemade chips, vegetarian curry (Erin)and basmati rice.

Now, now. How is homemade chips lazy? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,672 ✭✭✭Oblomov

6Xaqwz.jpg

4W5vQc.jpg

5kdy48.jpg

7rG7vB.jpg

The Lerdbury, Notting Hill, London

2 Michelin Stars

Voted number ten in the top 50 restaurants

Al La Carte menu, service examplary, food.... best mackeral ever,, Beef.. sublime, darl chocolate with soft centre, starter, White beetroot.... de lish

Complementary starter... pre desert..

All excellent.. ..... Looking for the three star before Noma in Copenhagen.. rated number one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭Loire

Homemade burgers - they were really good. The kids had good fun shaping their own too!

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭dibkins

A rather summery dish of pork chops and guac.

slack_for_ios_upload_360.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Summer in winter chicken.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭iwantmydinner

Last night I steamed some salmon fillets (which had been marinating in sriracha, Frank's original and lemon juice overnight) in tin foil pouches in the oven with some asparagus spears, fried a HEAP of chopped mushies in a bit of butter and lots of black pepper, and served with cheesy mash. Super wee dinner.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

Mrs Fox wrote: »
    Now, now. How is homemade chips lazy? :)

I meant the erins curry :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

din_zpsec329af4.jpg

I tried out a new Korma Erin Dine In to use up some left over chicken, and blimey if it wasn't delicious.

The Dine In comes as two wee pots, one of paste and one of spices. You fry up your meat and veg (chicken, broccoli, carrot and chickpeas in this case) stir in the paste for a couple of minutes, chuck in coconut milk and the spice mix and let it simmer. It tasted just like the Korma I get from Konkan. I am very impressed and will definitely be trying out the Tikka one next time.

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭newbee22

Turkey meatballs, salad and hummus- suprisingly delicious!

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭5unflower

Zero points for presentation and picture quality, full points for omega 3 intake :)

A6C9EF1B2F6C45F4915D330B48391428-0000353053-0003715011-00800L-BF252EF2F841474CA53DF00B9A3AC008.jpg

Tonight was Tom Kerridge's Mushroom Butter Roast Chicken. So so moist and beautiful deep flavour.
    Brined chicken for 8 hours, then made mushroom butter by blitzing dried porcini to a fine dust and mixed with softened butter, thyme, shallots & garlic; stuffed under the chicken skin and into the oven. The smell of the kitchen was amazing.
    Served with roast brussels sprouts, petit pois and steamed baby potatoes.

IMG_20150109_195843_zps9oxpk3no.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,886 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Oh my god that chicken looks amazing!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement