Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'Here's what I had for dinner last night' thread - Part II - Don't quote pics!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭homemadecider

Yesterday I soaked a ham fillet in water all day to de-salt it, then put it in the slow cooker for about 20 hours in water with cloves and bay. Tonight I baked the ham in the oven for 30 mins in a mustard glaze and ate it with peas and mash. It was a bit deadly.

ham_zps22c9756c.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

Yesterday I soaked a ham fillet in water all day to de-salt it, then put it in the slow cooker for about 20 hours in water with cloves and bay. Tonight I baked the ham in the oven for 30 mins in a mustard glaze and ate it with peas and mash. It was a bit deadly.]

Sounds delish

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭Mrs Fox

Pan fried duck in tamarind curry, with Jasmine rice.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

Lasagne and chips for us tonight. With beer and wine of course. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 656 ✭✭✭EITS

Huevos Rancheros, next time I'll remember to include some chorizo too

2015_01_16_20_43_13.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭javagal

Roasted a chicken and used the meat and juices and just added to the aldi dopiaza.. it was yummy.
    I could eat poppadoms for days..,

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Half a stone-baked sweet chilli chicken pizza from Tesco and a salad.
    The pizza was horrible and reminded me that I actually hate sweet chilli.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Hummus crusted baked chicken breast with wedges. Very satisfying.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭purplecow1977

Ate out last night. Had a spicy meatballs starter, a taster between courses of beetroot and orange soup. It was nice and tasty. Garlic chicken primavera fettuccine for main and a roll cheesecake for dessert. Delicious. A tricky one for MY FITNESS PAL though. I guess its abandoned for yesterday.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Last night I made a chinese stiry fry - threw everything I could find into the sauce it was yummy
    BRcV2TZ.jpg?1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Minder

Lamb rack with green chili and herb relish. Brown rice stir fried with vegetables.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,092 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Chicken Paella. And loads left for tomorrow too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 656 ✭✭✭EITS

Chorizo and mixed pepper quesadillas, so good

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭heldel00

Pork belly sliders with beet root, coleslaw and crispy crackling on the side. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

IMG_20150117_193914_zpsgukzdki_edit_1421523819313_zpseiso1tjq.jpg

Chicken in tarragon and white wine sauce from the cooking club. Delicious indeed. Served with Jasmine rice.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Minder

Gai Yang - BBQ Thai Chicken.

IMG_0549.jpg

Ate that with Khmer Aubergine, coconut and pumpkin curry; Some leftover stir fried vegetable rice and a bowl of Prik Nahm Pla that was delicious but so hot I still can't feel my tongue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,816 ✭✭✭Baggy Trousers

Mrs Fox wrote: »

Chicken in tarragon and white wine sauce from the cooking club. Delicious indeed. Served with Jasmine rice.

That looks heavenly. Real comfort food.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Tried a different recipe for a cauliflower pizza base and it turned out nicer than expected.

2yn5gsp.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Ate out last night. Had a spicy meatballs starter, a taster between courses of beetroot and orange soup. It was nice and tasty. Garlic chicken primavera fettuccine for main and a roll cheesecake for dessert. Delicious. A tricky one for MY FITNESS PAL though. I guess its abandoned for yesterday.

I never tell MyFitnessPal what I eat when I go out. What it doesn't know won't hurt me :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

Rare venison haunch steaks, heart attack mash (bacon lardons cooked crispy in a large slice of butter then added to mash along with the melted bacon-y butter and cream) and a mixed leaf salad. Then a very (really, very) good fudgey, peanut butter brownie from Camerino Bakery (Capel Street, Dublin).

0bf6ed19-0f79-4dee-9590-c548181d0e43_zps0caa1570.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Nua

Tried a different recipe for a cauliflower pizza base and it turned out nicer than expected.

Looks great, what's different bout recipe?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Nua wrote: »
    Looks great, what's different bout recipe?

After you've grated the cauliflower you boil it, strain it and then add almond flour. Previously I'd just grated and put it into the microwave and then mixed with egg.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,004 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Buffalo wings.
    (slightly burnt) Kale chips.
    The chips were quite bitter due to being burnt but I'd definitely try them again - with the oven not at wings temp!

4Sc52J.jpg

6ZAhWb.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

Looks unbelievable. Recipe please?

Last night we cooked lamb chops, spuds and peas, but the chops were rotten. Got them in Aldi and there was bits of bone going throughout the meat, so you'd be chewing the meat and then bite down on a piece of bone. Horrible. Ugh.

So we then had ham, cheese and red onion toasties on brown bread.

Looks unbelievable. Recipe please?

It's from this week's cooking club entry.

Buffalo wings.
    (slightly burnt) Kale chips.
    The chips were quite bitter due to being burnt but I'd definitely try them again - with the oven not at wings temp!

I've always thought the chips are meant to be slightly burnt and bitter (from the actual taste of kale)? If they're not slightly charred chances are the middle bit of the leaves will be soft instead of crispy. Unless if I've been doing it wrong all this while :p to me your kale chips are perfect.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭purplecow1977

Any basic ideas for turkey steaks? Have 3.

From your pic, it looks like you made a pretty fundamental ingredient substitution.;)
    I've always thought the chips are meant to be slightly burnt and bitter (from the actual taste of kale)? If they're not slightly charred chances are the middle bit of the leaves will be soft instead of crispy. Unless if I've been doing it wrong all this while :p to me your kale chips are perfect.

Ah, no, they were unpleasantly bitter.
    Lovely and crunchy , though!
    I might do them again tonight a bit less charred.

Last night we cooked lamb chops, spuds and peas, but the chops were rotten. Got them in Aldi and there was bits of bone going throughout the meat, so you'd be chewing the meat and then bite down on a piece of bone. Horrible. Ugh.

Sounds like you may have bought gigot chops or rack chops which are really more for stewing.

• Advertisement

From your pic, it looks like you made a pretty fundamental ingredient substitution.;)

Yeah from boneless chicken breasts to bone-in thighs:p
    And chopped parsley :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement