Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'Here's what I had for dinner last night' thread - Part II - Don't quote pics!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭Mrs Fox

IMG_20150119_192856_zps36cgymu4.jpg

Herb and mascarpone roast chicken, served with brussels sprouts and asparagus, both roasted, fondant potatoes and corn on the cob drizzled with butter and stock from the heart attack spuds.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭homemadecider

On Sunday I roasted a chicken with a Mexican mole marinade under and over the skin (hot paprika, espresso powder, cocoa powder, ground cumin, salt, pepper and water). It all looked very promising but sadly the cumin completely took over and it was all I could taste. Here's the wee birdy out of the oven.

chickenmole1_zps5df28118.jpg

We ate it anyway (of course) with some buttery corn on the cob and homemade guacamole.

chickenmole2_zpsfae01359.jpg

Tonight we had the leftover chicken in fajitas with lots of fried peppers, melted cheese and the end of the guacamole. I scarfed it too quick for a photo!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭poisonated

I had fried chicken with mashed potatoes and chips for lunch. I then had steak and potato wedges for dinner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Ilyana 2.0

javagal wrote: »
    One pot rice thingy! With chorizo,chicken,red pepper and onion and Cajun spices and plum tomatoes.

That's basically what I made tonight, and it was lovely. There was a slightly smoky flavour to mine though, seeing as I burnt the arse out of the wok :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭heldel00

Homemadecider and mrs fox - the roof of my mouth is in ribbons after corn on cob at weekend! Fecking thing. Pleasure pain conundrum!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭hollster2

stuffed roast pork, roasted mediteranian vegetables ( carrots,parsnips,mushrooms,red pepper,onion) garlic potatoes ( sliced with garlic on top and white lasagne sauce sprinkle of cheese!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭purplecow1977

Left over chicken from yesterday's roast, some mash, a roastie, broccoli & carrots. And gravy of course.

20b1svc.jpg

It was delicious.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,467 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Chicken noodle soup

49035DB1-F407-4A8C-A8EA-3668A6EF3402_zpsc4d2ghwa.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

So many chicken dishes :eek:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,588 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

1zwhs00.jpg

We had vegetable fritters tonight - grated carrot, aubergine and potato, mixed with parmesan, flour, egg and sliced scallions, seasoned, and fried in olive oil.

Not pictured was the garlicky tomato salad and hummus on the side, with some slices of toasted ciabatta.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭purplecow1977

Kovu wrote: »

(I don't eat much else!!!!) :o

• Registered Users Posts: 8,467 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Kovu wrote: »

January;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭Moody_mona

We had vegetable fritters tonight - grated carrot, aubergine and potato, mixed with parmesan, flour, egg and sliced scallions, seasoned, and fried in olive oil.

Shallow fried like pancakes? They're my kind of food, look delicious!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Chicken Supreme from Cafe Bliss tonight. It was very tasty.

I'm going to have to sort something out because I'm now having to walk the dogs separately so that's two hours gone out of the evening and starting to cook at 8pm isn't ideal.

Moody_mona wrote: »
    Shallow fried like pancakes? They're my kind of food, look delicious!

Yes indeed, shallow fried. Veggie fritters are very forgiving - just grate whatever vegetables you have (my food processor did it for me in seconds). Add a a handful of parmesan and whatever seasonings you like.

The egg and flour is necessary to just hold it all together. I actually added 3 eggs and 3 tablespoons of flour but you wouldn't always need that much, and it's best to add them one each at a time.

Fry on a medium heat in light olive oil and enjoy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

A health & happiness Sushi tray from Kokoro (on South William Street in Dublin). 2 pieces of salmon sashimi, 3 pieces of crab & avocado roll, 3 pieces of salmon & cucumber roll and 2 pieces each of prawn & salmon nigiri. Wasabi mayo & soy (also laced with wasabi) on the side YUM!

f663aae7-4819-427c-a662-ae1d8219c079_zps0a52b854.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭Loire

@mystery...thanks for that...sounds like a perfect side for the kids!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,004 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Flat Iron steak.
    Fried polenta cake.
    Kale (again - Aldi cheap) fried with garlic.
    No pic.

While I'm half reluctant to tell everyone, Lidl flat iron steaks are really cheap, tasty and can be cooked rare as you like. At the moment they are €4 for 2 tidy 150g steaks - normally €5

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

I love this thread, it makes me feel slightly less sad for taking pictures of my food!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,563 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

While I'm half reluctant to tell everyone, Lidl flat iron steaks are really cheap, tasty and can be cooked rare as you like. At the moment they are €4 for 2 tidy 150g steaks - normally €5

Yip, they're yum. Lidl had this recipe for them in their brochure before - it's great, and we're having it Friday:
    Flat Iron Steak with a Blue Cheese and Onion Salad

• Advertisement

To make up for the lamb shoulder disaster on Sun, I made a roast of sorts last night.

In one tray I had a bunch of chicken legs and wings, topped with lardons
    In the other tray I had chopped carrots, celery, onions and boiled baby potatoes

Any hour later (as my oven is soo old and crappy) I had meself a fine, lovely roast!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

Roasted some garlic with yellow, red and dark tomatoes and served with egg fried cauliflower rice and loads of veg.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,263 ✭✭✭Gongoozler

Salad :/ chicken, ham, spinach, onion, baby gem lettuce and cucumber. It was actually alright considering I'm not a fan of cold food.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,464 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Mystery freezer food, in containers the labels had come off of :D Turned out to be one portion of veg chilli and another of meatballs in tomato sauce !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭Mrs Fox

Tonight was prawn & chorizo okra gumbo. Served with Jasmine rice.

2affupf.jpg

Sausage 'meatballs' in a tomato and mascarpone sauce with tagliatelle. I was a little heavy-handed with the mascarpone so it was a touch claggy.

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭dibkins

Chicken roast with garlic and lemon. Broccoli added near the end and served with rice. Nomnom.

slack_for_ios_upload_1024.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,972 ✭✭✭cofy

A quickie dinner tonight, chicken salad burgers, a little dash of sweet chili sauce made them very tasty. They were a bit messy though, the burger was bigger than the bun.

2llezjn.jpg

Beef chilli noodles. Beef (obviously), chilli (obviously), scallions, garlic, wilted spinach, bamboo shoots and these mad looking "golden" mushrooms I picked up. It was really good.

enokimushrooms5.jpg

• Advertisement

cofy wrote: »
    A quickie dinner tonight, chicken salad burgers, a little dash of sweet chili sauce made them very tasty. They were a bit messy though, the burger was bigger than the bun.

Ooh I love a good chicken burger. Haven't thought to cook one myself at home in years! Inspired.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement