Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'Here's what I had for dinner last night' thread - Part II - Don't quote pics!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

Thug kitchen is hilarious and delicious.

Bit of a black bean avalanche it seems, I'm also using them tonight to make some cheesy, beany enchiladas with this mole sauce.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭Loire

Lennox chicken burger & chips last night with a nice, cold beer. Happy Days!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭Shenshen

Elbow wrote: »
    I'll correct any discrepancies later but off the top of my head the recipe was:

Beans:
    Half an onion
    1 Stick of celery (very finely chopped)
    1 Chipotle taken from a tin of chipotle peppers in adobo sauce (seeds in)(http://bit.ly/15vo9VS)
    2 Cloves smoked garlic (Lidl)
    1 Drained tin black beans
    Nutmeg, All spice, Salt & Smoked Paprika (Roughly 1/4 teaspoon of each)

Brown the onion then add the celery and soften for 2 more minutes, add the spices & chili & garlic, cook out for 30 seconds, add beans and heat. Job Done!

Sweet potato:
    1 Large Sweet potato

Stab with a fork and cook at 205° until soft (mine took 90 minutes)
    Cut in half, add a drop of coconut oil, some salt, break up slightly

Kale:
    Half a bags worth of kale with the tough thick stem taken out, chopped up a bit.
    Juice of half a lemon
    Splash of soy sauce
    Splash of water
    2 cloves of finely chopped garlic.

Heat drop of oil in a pan, add the kale and toss for 30 seconds to coat in oil, add the rest of the ingredients and again toss to make sure the kale is coated, after 90 seconds onto the plate

Ah, the smoked garlic! I've seen it, but hadn't tried it yet. It's on the shopping list now! Thanks!

And I'll get me some of those chipotles as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

I had very overcooked roast beef last night. Unfortunetly it was so overcooked that I started choking on it. I know have very sore ribs and a very sore throat and am afraid to try and eat something. Filling up on water.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,588 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

Haddock and chips from the local chipper. Fish was lovely and fresh. All round good decision. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭Mrs Fox

This afternoon I made a batch of Sambal, to go with Nasi Lemak, crispy fried silver anchovies, boiled egg, persian cucumber slices and toasted pink peanuts which I only remembered to put on the plate half way through.

PhotoGrid_1421953131287_zpsfrqzbao1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭LaChatteGitane

2je3eza.jpg

Random, random, random. Penne with broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, courgette and homegrown ham bits with a cheese sauce.
    It was tasty though.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Had the Lidl Flat Iron Steak for dinner tonight with mash and greens. The steak is incredible value. €4 for 2 unbelievably tasty steaks. I've had tougher fillet and less tasty ribeye.

336055.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

€4 for 2, wow.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Chicken nuggets and chips from the chipper and I could barely taste them, because I'm smothering with a cold :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

^^^^

Get well soon Nice Lady.

Bazmo, your photo has made my mouth water. Definitely picking up a couple of packs of those tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

Lasagne and chips for us tonight.

Those Lidl steaks look fab, might pick up some tomorrow maybe.

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭5unflower

Chicken curry with sweet potato, lentils and peas

7AE6DA7676BC464AAF567D661935069B-0000353053-0003718960-00800L-A679BF98934E4CB687263EC7B0BF73E2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 15,958 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Oh my. I just love this thread, and lurk forever, because I never remember to take a pic of the food. Down the hatch it goes!

Anyway yesterday, me and OH had a day off. Now it was cold, but we did our favourite thing in the Dublin area. Dart to Killiney, walk up the Vico Road to Dalkey and lunch.

So yesterday, freezing cold and hungry we went to XXX pub (can I name it here?), had the MOST delicious shepherd's pie, the mash was amazing on top. And OH had scampi.

Two empty plates.

Oops just realised that we didn't cook it ourselves, and it was LUNCH, hope I won't be banned!!

We need to eat lots in the cold weather, Right?

I love your pics and ideas. Thank you to all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Minder

Braised beef short ribs with Chinese 5 spice, served with steamed purple sprouting broccoli and jasmine rice.

IMG_0554.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Ilyana 2.0

Tonight we went to Skinflint on Crane Lane, and it was a mighty dinner. We had cheese sticks with a chili jam to start, and then the celine pizza with mushrooms, spinach, garlic, pecorino and mozzarella. The pizzas were delicious, really fresh ingredients and a thin, super crispy base. We chased it all down with a couple of cocktails :)

I'm still absolutely stuffed!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭Shenshen

Tried something new yesterday, a recipe I found online for a West African peanut and sweet potato stew - only being me, I didn't follow the recipe exactly and added a few things. ;)

Base recipe is this : http://cookieandkate.com/2013/west-african-peanut-soup/, only I added sweet potato chunks, and replaced the cabbage leaves with broccoli. And threw in a cinnamon stick while simmering the stew.

Tasted amzing, but I didn't get a chance to take a picture.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

Take out pizza, really have failed at cooking this week. Went through some cookbooks last night and picked out a few things I'd like to eat, this Sunday I shall be Prep Girl. Not a whole heap of free time in the evenings lately to make cooking a priority

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭Mrs Fox

^^^ I've had West Indies Peanut Soup, twas delicious, twas, twas. But not as thick as the one on your link.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Made a basic spag bol. Made waaaay too much sauce so after I'd eaten I threw in a some smoked paprika, ground cumin and a tin of kidney beans and it'll do for lunches as a lovely not-chilli con carne.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Hmm brisket, all devoured after a 12 hour cook

pM88W1kl.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,468 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

RasTa wrote: »

12 hours in the oven and your roasting dish is still spotless. You must tell us your secret!!! ;)

RasTa wrote: »

Recipe please!

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭dibkins

12 hours in the oven and your roasting dish is still spotless. You must tell us your secret!!! ;)

My guess is they licked it clean.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,004 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Silver Hill confit duck legs from Lidl.
    Beetroot, carrot and garlic cooked in butter and apple balsamic.
    Kale chips (again !)
    Fried polenta cake.

5K4z5E.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭LaChatteGitane

vymyc4.jpg

Potato & leek mash with homemade (mini) sausages.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

Chinese takeaway and red wine for us this evening.

Dinner tonight was glazed ham, baked cauliflower cheese, roasted baby potatoes and roasted carrots. I wish I had taken a photo but the husband was home late and at that stage I could have eaten the arse of a baby through a tennis racket.

Delicious! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 31,887 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Dinner tonight was glazed ham, baked cauliflower cheese, roasted baby potatoes and roasted carrots. I wish I had taken a photo but the husband was home late and at that stage I could have eaten the arse of a baby through a tennis racket.

Delicious! :pac:

:pac: That's a fantastic turn of phrase!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

I could have eaten a horse through a hole in the hedge... or eaten the balls of a low flying crow.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement