Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'Here's what I had for dinner last night' thread - Part II - Don't quote pics!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Mrs Fox wrote: »
    ^^^ i want to mop the sauce with that fluffy nan!

I did! It was fluffy and saucy and yum :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭iwantmydinner

BaZmO* wrote: »
    I make something very similar but I serve it with a fried egg on top.

Sounds awesome. Loads leftover so I'm gonna reheat and add a fried egg for tomorrow's supper, nice one!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭iwantmydinner

Minder wrote: »
    Chilli spiced crab ravioli with chestnut flour pasta and pangritata made with chestnuts and breadcrumbs. Sauce out with fish stock, noilly prat and cream. Recipe from The Taste.

To add, recipe was b***ox. Combined 100g of flour with 4 egg yolks is only possibe using quails eggs. As a rule, 100g and one egg makes a good pasta dough. I made it with whole eggs to save on wastage and doubled the quantities of flour for the pasta.

Was that made by the tall ginger guy in the first ep?? Looked sensational. Super intrigued by the chestnut flour pasta. How did it turn out?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

Homemade burgers with roasted sweet potato and baby potatoes and corn.

289644.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭Loire

A real carnivorous weekend for us!

Fri night - BBQ fillet steaks with onions, par-boiled baby potatoes and asparagus all done in the BBQ too. Wine was St. Emillion

Sat night - the most amazing venison steaks with red wine jus - had that with garlic filled roast tomatoes and roast potatoes. Wine was Brouilly.

Sun night - beef shin Guinness stew. Finished off the 2nd bottle of Brouilly we opened Sat night ;)

Also made a lamb lasagne last night that we're having tonight so we'll have to detox soon!

Loire.

• Advertisement

Animord wrote: »
    I bought and roasted a chicken last weekend. I had it roast the first night, in GrahamThomas' satay the second, twice during the week as chicken salad for work and tonight it has had its final incarnation as Chicken and Vegetable soup- there are at least six portions left so a weeks worth of work lunches too. 10 meals for €6.00 worth of chicken. :)

Was it one of these? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TA5JOsD21F0
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭fiddlechic

Made Brenda Costigan's Chicken and Potato curry yesterday - not so much a curry, as a curry-flavoured 1 pot stew - but it was tasty and comforting!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

A very lacklustre watery Thai red chicken curry :( So disappointing!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Tonight we had fillet beef, with soy sauce, fish sauce, toasted sesame oil, ginger, garlic, fresh chilli, green beans, peppers. spring onion and udon noodles.

SAM_0819_zps0d3c66f7.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Minder

Was that made by the tall ginger guy in the first ep?? Looked sensational. Super intrigued by the chestnut flour pasta. How did it turn out?

Yep, ginger chap with a bit of stubble.

Turned out really well for flavour overall, but that was more to do with the crab, pangratata and the sauce. The chestnut flour didn't add much flavour, but there was quite a satisfying bite to the pasta that i didn't get with white flour alone in other pastas.

Would make it again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭misslt

I'm making chicken and chorizo paella/risotto creation.

I'm making thirteen tons of it to freeze/do lunches for the week. I'm sitting looking at it in the pan and thinking I'm gonna need a bigger pan :P

Edit - just burnt my tongue tasting it out of the pan. Guess thats what I get!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,463 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Rich Beef Cobbler. Which is basically cottage pie with red wine as the liquid that's been reduced down. Topped with herb scones (recipe over in the chat thread).

1381EDD1-6D3B-4A31-A142-B89AE82E24E3_zpslktipph0.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

I went out for a run* this evening and before I went out I threw a couple of chicken fillets into a bowl with a load of Franks. Came home and, once the pain in my lungs subsided, I sliced the chicken down the middle and cooked it on a hot griddle and served it with a salad of chickpeas, little gem lettuce, elderly tomatoes, scallions & pepper with french dressing. Enjoyed every mouthful but wish it was cheese or a chocolate biscuit

c1ea4ba3-b074-4d87-a767-9f6ab01b9220_zpsab5d4405.jpg

*Swear-y, high speed waddle

• Registered Users Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Minder

Roast quail, brown rice and green beans. Simple, easy and satisfying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Pulled pork
    * with homemade bbq sauce and rice. It was delicious but insanely spicy!

1390251262338.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Dolbert wrote: »
    Pulled pork with homemade bbq sauce and rice. It was delicious but insanely spicy!

Omg that looks heavenly.
    I've been dying to try pulled pork for ages now..what joint of meat should I ask for at the butchers?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

fussyonion wrote: »
    Omg that looks heavenly.
    I've been dying to try pulled pork for ages now..what joint of meat should I ask for at the butchers?

Shoulder or leg are best.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Second dinner of the day is on the way - Dominos!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 537 ✭✭✭dipdip

Dinner was 4 Clonakilty sausages, a couple of fried spuds, a fried egg and a cupán tae.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

Had a caprese salad (I have had the same basil plant thriving happily in the kitchen since last June!) and shared a manchego and chorizo pizza with Mr. Merkin. Simple and convenient fare for a Monday evening.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭Mrs Fox

Last night I made Chicken Korma from the cooking club, served with Fragrant Basmati Rice, also form the cooking club. And you know what else I made from the cooking club? Apple tart.

We had the lasagne I made on Sunday. Best one ever....spent all day in the slow cooker and I used good lamb mince from the market with my own bechamel sauce. It was divine! Loads left over too & frozen for the nippers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭emc2

Tried a recipe from Jamie's 15 minute meals lastnight, It was crispy duck hoi sin lettuce parcels, worked well was very nice and gone before I could take a picture.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭livinsane

Hake and smoked mackerel casserole with coconut milk.

1zb7151.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭pampootie

I had hake too! In a lemon herb crust with spuds and leeks. But I overcooked it a bit and it was dry :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

First time posting here but I have read and salivated over evey post in this thread and the old one:p

inrv.jpg

Homemade cabbage rolls, stuffed with a mix of cous cous, shredded courgette & carrot, red onion, garlic and oddly enough a bit of haggis I had left in the fridge:pac:
    (carrot, cabbage and onion from the garden)
    Covered with a sauce I knocked up with cornflour, duck fat, cheese, chilli, smoked paprika, tomato puree and coriander.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭galwaytown

I did stew,bit of cayenne pepper here,sweet potatoes there (.39cent Aldi,that'll do nicely),garlic,onion,leek and carrots,not forgetting ox.soup-voila my friends!

Mega lazy dinner.

M&S chicken goujons, potato wedges and coleslaw. And some sweet chilli sauce and mayo* for dipping.

*Too busy to type mayonnaise

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭5unflower

The Dublin Meat Co's weekly special offer was fillet steak apparently, himself picked up 3 for €12, so that was dinner decided for today :-)

CEF88CDD9C5A4A599A2E005502E6E17C-0000353053-0003484111-00800L-C9FD68548C7B434685BDCAAA36E2EFF4.jpg

(If you believe it or not this was my first time ever cooking steak :eek: )

• Advertisement

Well done 5unflower. :)

A trick for getting a nice dark colour on the outside of your steak is to heat the pan until it's really really hot before adding the meat.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement