Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'Here's what I had for dinner last night' thread - Part II - Don't quote pics!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

Omfg... On the list! I can't do coriander or cumin though, what can I substitute instead?

I'd just leave them out, I barely added any coriander because my co dinner eater doesn't like it and it was still so very tasty. It's only a half teaspoon of cumin & while you know it's there it's not a strong taste so I think if you don't like cumin the sauce will still be so tasty without it.

Mrs Fox I think you're definitely right and it was the chili. The killer itch kicked off when I was cutting them.

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭dibkins

Pork and noodle salad again. Nomnom. More for lunch today!

slack_for_ios_upload_1024.png

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭GrahamThomas

Dinner from the other evening: Lasagne with a rocket & basil salad on the side.
    I've always wanted to make lasagne from scratch, it turned out even better than expected!

9042f1cd-085c-4435-badb-6a7c804cacd6.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭LaChatteGitane

Didn't do a lot of cooking lately as I am finally starting to organise the house after moving in (close to 2 years) and extension build (a couple of months ago).
    Incredible, the displacement of stuff that goes on everywhere in the house.
    So apart from Goodfellas frozen delights (ie crappy pizza), soups out of the freezer, ham & cheese sandwiches and the like, I only cooked a few proper meals that were half worthy of photos.

Pasta with veg and I can't remember
    2le54oy.jpg

On Friday @ 7 pm I thought it was a good idea to start making a batch of shortcrust pastry with part butter and part lard (as I have so much of it). I put 3/4 in the freezer and 1/4 I used for a leek and bacon quiche an a tomato flan. It was 9.30 pm when we finally sat down to dinner.
    28i2ged.jpg
    m99cfb.jpg

Best one : Couscous with lime zest and toasted almonds in chicken stock, pan fried salmon and a salsa with toms, avocado, mango, onion, garlic, chili and lime juice & fresh coriander.
    a0xfly.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

Lamb stew and boiled potatoes for us this evening.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭Mrs Fox

Last night was five-spice grilled chicken legs, with a stir fry of savoy, carrots, broccoli and peppers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Ilyana 2.0

Last night my boyfriend and I got two delicious sirloin steaks for €8.99 in Lidl, they were lovely. We had them with a creamy pepper sauce, roasted garlic and rosemary new potatoes and garlic bread.

Oh and we had spicy chicken wings to start because we're fancy like that :P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

Tonight were are having steaks, my bf is having rib eye on the bone, and I am having t-bone.

We'll have them with some baked potatoes and garlic mushrooms.

Oh, and some Roija too.

I can't freaking wait.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 523 Mod ✭✭✭✭TheKBizzle

Just put this in the oven - fish pie with bacon and panko topping

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭blueshed

the friday evening whats in the fridge dinner, corn on the cob, omelette with tomatoes and mangetout plus a few chicken drumsticks cooked in the oven.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Fajitas with ice-cold wine. Followed by lemon cheesecake.

Delicious lamb burger patty, baked sweet potato chips, sauteed garlic mushroom, a salad of baby spinach, rocket and basil, herb mayo.
    So soooo hungry after a long walk/run/cartwheel. Practically licked the plate.

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭5unflower

Fish fillet with a tomato Parmesan crust, baby spuds and a chopped salad

3DF58839C5F34F44A92694DE2A91DBEE-0000353053-0003730806-00800L-AEC287B305D64E7ABBF194181FDF40CC.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Pizza night here at Dizzy Heights :)

aow5kw.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 656 ✭✭✭EITS

Payday ribeye steak from lidl with garlic dauphinoise potatoes and a Hoegaarden. The food coma is real..

20150220_202414.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Shared a fabulous cote de boeuf with garlic fondant potato, triple cooked chips and greens with jus and bearnaise sauce - amazing!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Oh and dessert was fresh doughnuts with warm chocolate sauce and warm toffee sauce

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

To celebrate my last night of my week off of watching my diet I ordered sushi: Tobiko (fish roe) gunkan, rainbow maki, with a side of steamed edamame.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭iwantmydinner

I ate in The Larder on Parliament St last night. Brilliant.

Crispy jambalaya balls in a spicy, meaty gravy for starters and then pantries hale with pomme puree and mussel chowder for mains. Divine.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Minder

Roast chicken with waffles

IMG_0622_thumb.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭5unflower

Beef stirfry, simple as

C9C5EA1E0DE243A490C85F3E38D9F435-0000353053-0003731254-00800L-D7101846BF8B4F349202CC848DB4006B.jpg

Minder wrote: »
    Roast chicken with waffles

Are they savoury waffles?

Tonight was chilli beef from the cooking club, with added sauteed chestnut mushrooms and red onion. Had mine with quinoa, others had it with jasmine rice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭homemadecider

I'm smothered with a head cold so my lovely husband cooked me a magical dinner of savoury crepes filled with smokey bacon, mushroom, spinach & creme fraiche. Loads of black pepper.

The mad genius made some extra batter and presented me with a dark chocolate & ice cream pancake for afters. AND a glass of excellent whiskey. I think I married wisely.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Minder

Mrs Fox wrote: »
    Are they savoury waffles?.

Yes, savoury waffles - flour, eggs, milk, butter, baking powder and fresh thyme leaves.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Ricotta pancakes for tea today. Seperate four eggs, whisk the whites to soft peaks, add two tablespoons castor sugar, whisk to stiff peaks. Beat the yolks one at a time with 250g (ie. one tub) of ricotta until you get a smooth liquid (a wooden spoon or spatula works better than a whisk here), then beat in 175g of self-raising flour and a pinch of salt. Beat in about a third of the meringue, then fold in the remaining two-thirds, trying not to deflate the air from the mix (forget about that for the first third, the mix is too thick there and you need to loosen it up). Add a packet of blueberries after washing and tossing them in a little flour or sugar or cornstarch so they don't just sink through the batter.

Fry for 2 minutes per side in a pan with butter on a medium heat. Watch for colour.

Top with a pat of butter and a spoonfull of maple syrup.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 774 ✭✭✭CarpeDiem85

I'm smothered with a head cold so my lovely husband cooked me a magical dinner of savoury crepes filled with smokey bacon, mushroom, spinach & creme fraiche. Loads of black pepper.

The mad genius made some extra batter and presented me with a dark chocolate & ice cream pancake for afters. AND a glass of excellent whiskey. I think I married wisely.

You sure did, he sounds like the bomb! Does he have a brother ;)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,588 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

Beef and black bean chilli. Simple and spicy. Topped with a load of jalapeños, scallions, tomatoes, cheese and sour cream. No need for forks: tortilla chips make perfectly edible mouth shovels.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Oh and dessert was fresh doughnuts with warm chocolate sauce and warm toffee sauce

Which restaurant please?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,004 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

I reckon he did ok too:
    1 You didn't say you have the flu when you have a cold.
    2 You appreciate good food.
    3 You drink whiskey

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 776 ✭✭✭seventeen sheep

Can I have him please?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement