Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'Here's what I had for dinner last night' thread - Part II - Don't quote pics!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

vicwatson wrote: »
    Which restaurant please?

West in The Twelve in Barna

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭dibkins

Gorgeous fatty lamb chops (French trim is a crime) with bean and roasted pepper salad, corriander hummus and some salad. Nomnom.

slack_for_ios_upload_1024.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭homemadecider

Tonight we made smoked salmon & avocado sushi. On the side was pickled ginger, wasabi paste and some really lovely sashimi soy sauce we got in the Asian market. I ate all of this in a matter of minutes. Delicious.

sushi_zpspi0hcwwg.jpg

I baked some ginger cookies to bring to work tomorrow so we had one of those for an easy dessert.

ginger%20cookies_zpsaupxiv9f.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Makood

dibkins wrote: »
    Gorgeous fatty lamb chops (French trim is a crime)

Looks amazing-And totally agree with the trimming!

Bean stew with chorizo and a kind of unnecessary egg. Tasty out though!

Gf8DNqN.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Minder

Cous cous with lamb, carrot and pumpkin.

66nNyB_thumb.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭TireeTerror

EITS wrote: »
    Payday ribeye steak from lidl with garlic dauphinoise potatoes and a Hoegaarden. The food coma is real..

http://s22.postimg.org/ifz6z7wvl/20150220_202414.jpg

For God sake, at least pour that magnificent beer into a glass, you just dont get the proper smell from the bottle or a delicious foamy head!

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭LaChatteGitane

Oven baked/fried/roast/whatever potato discs, homegrown pork chop (from the top part of the leg - don't know what you call it) with a cajun style dry rub. Homemade coleslaw (white cabbage, celery, onion, carrot, apple, raisins, chopped hazelnuts, lemon juice, sourcream and mayo.
    mj1ppw.jpg

God I love my coleslaw !:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭iwantmydinner

Scrambled eggs and bacon. Velly delicious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 656 ✭✭✭EITS

For God sake, at least pour that magnificent beer into a glass, you just dont get the proper smell from the bottle or a delicious foamy head!

It was either that or a plastic kids cup so.. :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

Last night was home made pizzas.

I also made a blackberry and strawberry pie, the filling is delicious, but the pastry is bland.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Wild mushroom risotto. Dried mushrooms aren't a patch on the fresh ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Toulouse

Shared a fabulous cote de boeuf with garlic fondant potato, triple cooked chips and greens with jus and bearnaise sauce - amazing!!

That's what I had when I went!! :D:D That meal coupled with the sommeliers choice of wines was probably one of the most memorable I've had. Amazing from start to finish. Highly recommend!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭Mrs Fox

Made Tom Kerridge's slow-roast leg of lamb smothered in homemade harissa, served with lemon pistachio quinoa, and slow roast red onion in lamb juice.

IMG_20150223_162822_zps3u2xljw_edit_1424709719935_zpsklra6lyy.jpg

Oh lordy, I'm gone weak at the knees.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

I was bold last night, planned to cook some kind of chinese fried rice dish to use up leftovers. Ended up going out for a glass of wine (which turned into three) and order Calamari and salad.

Tonight we had the Thai chicken noodle soup from the Cooking Club. Absolutely delicious, I highly recommend it.

thai%20chicken%20noodle%20soup_zpsckhvnohr.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭Shenshen

Spicy bean goulash and fresh crusty bread. I'm sorry but I didn't get a chance to take a photo, it was gone way too quickly.

Dessert was banana and honey muffins (I had made them for a charity bake sale, but kept 2 behind for ourselves - feeling ever so slightly guilty about that).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

Pork chops cooked with soy, worcester, onions & mushrooms & boiled potatoes. Think tonight we will have red chili enchiladas.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,351 ✭✭✭katydid

I had the MOST gorgeous venison casserole. No point in a pic because it just looked like a brown mess, but it was heavenly.

Venison pieces, onions, garlic, carrots, parsnips, beef stock, red wine and a big dollop of home-made damson jam. I was licking the plate.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Tilly

Pork curry with cauliflower rice.

Please excuse the Tigger pj’s :P

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Cauliflower rice... Cool!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 656 ✭✭✭EITS

I think the pj's are cool :D

Chicken biryani with broccoli & mushrooms. SO SPICY IT HURT (kind of in a good way).

chicken%20biryani_zpsjozh54ba.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭heldel00

Nasi goreng last night. Was only alright.

Rasher, sausage, fried egg, boxty, beans and mashed spuds tonight. GORGEOUS!

It's the simple things in life that make me happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭TireeTerror

OMG Im such an idiot. I had a post edited by a moderator because I "quoted the picture". The entire time I was viewing this thread I could not understand why posters were making comments with the photos they posted. I misunderstood the "Dont quote photos" thread title, I thought it meant you were not allowed to type a message and perhaps it was some kind of game where we had to guess what was what.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

Ah bless your little cotton socks TireeTerror! Don't worry, easy mistake to make :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Ilyana 2.0

A replay of last Thursday's steak dinner, with added greenery because himself's not here.

Not even sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

Chicken biryani with broccoli & mushrooms. SO SPICY IT HURT (kind of in a good way).

Oh I love biryani. Would you mind sharing the recipe?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

yellow hen wrote: »
    Oh I love biryani. Would you mind sharing the recipe?

+1! Used to make it all the time using Pataks paste but haven't been able to source it in a few years. I don't like the sauce you get with it from takeaway, just like the dry dish and serve with raita

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement