Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'Here's what I had for dinner last night' thread - Part II - Don't quote pics!

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Loire wrote: »
    Are you sure you didn't jump into your Delorean, reach 88mph and go back to Dec 25th? :pac:

It actually felt a bit like that. My daughter's boyfriend said was like Christmas dinner :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭homemadecider

I made hot and sour soup with tofu & chestnut mushrooms. I wisped a beaten egg through it at the end for magic's sake. Jaysus the flavours were mighty. Will make again.

hot%20and%20sour%20soup_zpsvwbkmfv8.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,468 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Lidl have belly pork strips on special for €2 this week. Like a load of others (from the Chat thread) I marinated them overnight in soy, garlic and honey with some chinese 5 spice, fennel seeds and chilli flakes.

Served with cheesy potato skins and fennel coleslaw.

Is pigging out allowed on a Wednesday?

49CD036E-22DB-4AAE-8F2E-459686FE4B57_zps3sb9rydm.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

Pigging out on a Wednesday is to be encouraged!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭iwantmydinner

Zaytoon for the win this evening, I got the chicken dinner with the works. So. Effing. Good.

As an aside, an Iranian friend says Zaytoon is proper good Persian food, he rates it very highly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Speaking of Persian food, I had Gormeh Sabzin while over at OH's friend's (she's Iranian) house for dinner on Saturday. Beautiful dish, would love to try and make it myself.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Stopped for dinner on the way home from Belfast had corned beef and cabbage

The portion was delicious but massive
    I may not need to eat for a week

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

I am ill from stuffing my big fat gob. :(

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Speaking of Persian food, I had Gormeh Sabzin while over at OH's friends house for dinner on Saturday. Beautiful dish, would to try and make it myself.

Just googled that, looks excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭cee_jay

Tonight I attempted pork yuk sung, the dish was missing something. Will try it again with rice noodles and water chestnuts in the mix.

https://us.v-cdn.net/6034073/uploads/attachments/46089/342392.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭dibkins

2nd half of my shepherd's pie. Nom. Maybe even better today.

shepherds_pie_2__electric_cornaloo_1024.png

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Two hours later I'm still feeling the effects of that massive dinner

Blurgh

• Registered Users Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭Shenshen

I made hot and sour soup with tofu & chestnut mushrooms. I wisped a beaten egg through it at the end for magic's sake. Jaysus the flavours were mighty. Will make again.

Sounds delicious - any chance of a recipe?

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Speaking of Persian food, I had Gormeh Sabzin while over at OH's friend's (she's Iranian) house for dinner on Saturday. Beautiful dish, would love to try and make it myself.

I just looked that up - I'm sure I've had it before at an Iranian friend of mine's place, years ago.

Where would I find dried lemons in Cork, though? Even online doesn't bring up anything much at first try...

Shenshen wrote: »
    I just looked that up - I'm sure I've had it before at an Iranian friend of mine's place, years ago.

Where would I find dried lemons in Cork, though? Even online doesn't bring up anything much at first try...

I'm not sure tbh, I'm in Dublin and whenever I need anything strange or different I go to Eurasia as they always seem to have everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭Loire

Trusty pasta bake last night - sausages, tin of chopped tomatoes, cream and a cup of cheese...never fails. Another heap of it for lunch today and enough for the kids tonight. I make it 5 adult portions for just under 6 euro!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

Dinner of random things on plate. Baked potatoes (currently a bit addicted) with pork stirfry.

Shenshen wrote: »
    Sounds delicious - any chance of a recipe?

No problem - I used this one: http://www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/vegetables-recipes/hot-sour-soup/#Kteh8qViBbtWC6gT.97

Thanks! I'm definitely giving this a try on the weekend :)

• Advertisement

Had the Lidl Short Ribs along with some leftover salad from this week's Cooking Club recipe, all served with some fried potato scallops.

342454.JPG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,972 ✭✭✭cofy

We had a fast and tasty beef bulgogi with stir fry veg and rice.
    11079044_821087741317516_842326209_n.jpg?oh=c695d5c176ce4ad86bb326bb9dcd2ea6&oe=550D1027&__gda__=1426904374_f470285ba654b2f854784914b20d12d7

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭sillymoo

Dinner18_03_15.jpg

Chili beef from the cooking thread (a firm favorite in this house) with roast sweet potatoes, kale and a sprinkling of cheese.

Chicken korma, broccoli, creamy spinach.

korma3_zpsspiekqfr.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭dibkins

The first cookery Club that i have actually got around to making - delicious.

slack_for_ios_upload_1024.png

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Pork Casserole last night. Thought I took a pic, but obviously didn't.
    Made with diced pork, carrots, onions and peppers, served with baby potatoes.

I have a big lady-crush on Felicity Cloake from The Guardian. Her pancakes recipe is unbeatable and her chocolate mousse is my go-to method. Tonight I made her meatloaf and it was just fantastic. It tasted like big chunks of gorgeous stuffing. We had it with steamed red cabbage and broccoli. No pics, too hungry!

Here's the link:http://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2015/mar/19/how-to-make-the-perfect-meatloaf

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Coddle posts split and moved to here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057400705 :)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,092 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Thai coconut prawn and crab curry.

BA67F86EC3BA4C9CA4B9DC53C9BC4028-0000324795-0003743481-00640L-75A1401D1A9D468296E22E58E4D3FF8E.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

beertons wrote: »
    Thai coconut prawn and crab curry.]

Looks beautiful. I would love that right now!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement