Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'Here's what I had for dinner last night' thread - Part II - Don't quote pics!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭polydactyl

On 24gr shift at work so Cully and Sully for me :( planning something nice in the slow cooket tomorrow while I sleep

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Meat Wagon has featured on that Twitter account a couple of times. My favourite was the bread in the flat cap.

Really? Mine was the bread in the slipper :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

Penne in a creamy chili cheese sauce with ham & mushroom and peas on the side for yours truly.

U4Pq2kD.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭Shenshen

Leftover lentil chili on a baked potato. And, as expected, the chili was much nicer having spent a day in the fridge :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Carbonara. The pan was too hot though, so it was more tagliatelli with scrambled egg and bacon. Still nice though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Toulouse

Forgot to take a pic but grilled salmon, sweet potato wedges, grilled cherry toms and spinach, avocado and yellow pepper salad.

Was yum!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Toulouse

Shenshen wrote: »
    Leftover lentil chili on a baked potato. And, as expected, the chili was much nicer having spent a day in the fridge :D

I was looking at this recipe yesterday, definitely going to make it soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,004 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

A really, really simple dinner that I love the other day:
    Steamed potatoes.
    Rare flat iron steak.
    Dressed green salad.
    Light red wine.

Such a summer meal for me.

87uKg6.jpg

Last nights roast pork belly.
    Served with braised fennel with orange, kale fried with garlic, fried polenta cake, gravy.

4F3Baa.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,263 ✭✭✭Gongoozler

Please tell me where you can get polenta? Had a look but couldn't find. Wanted to make this http://www.myrecipes.com/m/recipe/polenta-sausage-triangles

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭lazeedaisy

We had a recipe I saw in last weekends indo.

http://www.independent.ie/life/food-drink/recipes/a-mammy-dinner-with-a-difference-31126645.html

After that, himself had a slice of home made rhubarb & custard pie, using fresh rhubarb, sweetened with a ginger cordial a friend made.

The chicken dinner was amazing, defo going to be a regular here,

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,351 ✭✭✭katydid

We're off to a pot-luck supper - church fund raiser. I've made curried chicken salad, spicy couscous and naan. (Well, not MADE the naan; just opened the packet)

Looking forward to seeing what else there is to eat. It's BYOB, so I'm all stocked up.

10/30 - back, very stuffed. There was fabulous food there; I had a couple of slices of different quiches, some Moroccan chicken, loads of salads, some salmon and dill mousse with brown bread, with loads of bits of yummy desserts to finish. AND I won two bottles of wine in a raffle. So a good night overall, for a tenner a head.

Gongoozler wrote: »
    Please tell me where you can get polenta? Had a look but couldn't find. Wanted to make this http://www.myrecipes.com/m/recipe/polenta-sausage-triangles

Any whole food shop should have it.
    Coarse maize meal is much the same thing and cheaper usually.
    Polish shops often sell it very inexpensively.

Quesadilla filled with onions, green peppers, mushrooms, jalapenos and scrambled eggs, with sweet potato chips and sour cream.

Gone too quickly to take a picture, I'm afraid.

I'm not very well today, so had my usual quick and easy 'don't feel well' dinner; beef koka noodles with a poached egg. And I actually managed to poach the egg really well! :D

photo%202_zpsxv8941le.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 22,773 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Gongoozler wrote: »
    Decent Italan delis should stock it. M&S probably, Fallon & Byrne definitely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

Roast stuffed lamb hearts & beetroot. I'd forgotten how delicious fresh roast beetroot is. My nails are bright pink now though :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭Avada

I've seen Polenta in tesco a good bit as well.

Kovu wrote: »
    Roast stuffed lamb hearts & beetroot. I'd forgotten how delicious fresh roast beetroot is. My nails are bright pink now though :pac:

Mmmm, love lamb heart. What did you stuff it with? I usually go for a breadcrumb and mint mix.

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭rosie16

Had vegetable sweet potato shepherd's pie with lentils last night- it was pretty amazing. From http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/4382/veggie-shepherds-pie-with-sweet-potato-mash

Didn't use red wine, added a bit more water because the stock cubes were a bit salty. Used basil and oregano instead of thyme. And added garlic because what's a meal without garlic. :D. The sweet potatoes weren't at all sweet after boiling them but after a spell in the oven they were quite sweet.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

kylith wrote: »
    Mmmm, love lamb heart. What did you stuff it with? I usually go for a breadcrumb and mint mix.

Fried off mushrooms & onions in butter, then added some finely chopped rosemary, parsley & seasoning, then mixed that up with breadcrumbs. I was going to add sausage meat but decided it would be too fatty as didn't trim the excess fat off the heart. Was beautiful, never did lamb hearts before.

You'd swear I'd cooked lambs head the way my mum was making faces at them though!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

Tonight was rib eye steaks, steamed new potatoes and some veg.

The veg were over done and the steaks were overdone and just weren't nice. For something so expensive they were bad quality in my opinion, the rib eyes from Aldi are far better, bigger, more flavourful and cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,348 ✭✭✭nozzferrahhtoo

Just made one of these Salmon Steaks which I served on a bed of wok noodles tossed in a sweet and sour chilli thai sauce. Served with a side of this avocado salad.

Came together pretty well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭Mrs Fox

Perfectly rare rib eye steak on the barbie, twice cooked chips for himself and the kids, leftover kebab salad and white sauce from the cooking club for myself, with a handful of jalapenos for a good kick. A glass of red wine for happy factor.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

We were meant to have duck fillets but my boyfriend changed his mind at the last minute and decided he wanted pasta, so he made his own garlic, bacon, tomato and mushroom pasta and I made my usual spicy mince pasta which was delicious. Loads left over for freezing too :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Oven baked pork chops with crushed roast baby potatoes, and beans. I got stuck in before I remembered to take a photo.

5ffz1e.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

Slow cooked soy garlic and lime chicken wings and thighs using the recipe below. Tasted nice but the sauce by the end was kinda of gelatinous. Definitely looks better than it tasted unfortunately.

Coleslaw, potato salad and sweet potato wedges as sides. Disappointing when the sides are better than the main!

http://www.spoonfulofflavor.com/2014/10/13/slow-cooker-soy-lime-chicken-wings/

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭5unflower

Greek filo pie, the filling was butternut squash, broccoli, leek, spinach, feta cheese and lots of herbs.

DAA31D42867146AEA5176A61AB59EB60-0000353053-0003753485-00800L-8F708B9E2B63470E8DE39DC0D9C556EC.jpg

Gotta love M&S dine in deal: slow cooked duck legs with minted baby potatoes, broccoli, and cabbage. Also tart citron (eaten before it could be photographed).
    photo%202_zpsojyo4nee.jpg

• Advertisement

Canelloni, filled with courgettes, muchrooms, black olives, ayvar and garlic.
    The filling ran out a bit, but tastes fantastic :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement