Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'Here's what I had for dinner last night' thread - Part II - Don't quote pics!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭Mrs Fox

Joolzie wrote: »
    Why are the images so massive? You need to scroll to see them. I like to see the image without having to scroll up and down.

Sorry didn't realise they're huge, like Stheno they appear fine on mobile devices.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,171 ✭✭✭limnam

Mrs Fox wrote: »
    Sorry didn't realise they're huge, like Stheno they appear fine on mobile devices.

Might be auto resized on the mobile. huge for me too on a laptop. not overly annoyingly huge just enough to have to scroll

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Joolzie

Stheno wrote: »
    They are fine in my phone

On the laptop, they are super massive

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭fiddlechic

I love to drool over people's big and detailed and glorious photos. Particularly when I'm between homes at the moment, and lacking a decent kitchen!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

All pictures or any in particular?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

It doesn't split the page though so not super massive imo. It doesn't bother me, all the better to view the nomsciousness of the meal :)

Last night I just made spudbread (potato cakes) and lemsip Totally worthy of a photo so it was!

fiddlechic wrote: »
    I love to drool over people's big and detailed and glorious photos. Particularly when I'm between homes at the moment, and lacking a decent kitchen!

Oh you poor thing! I love my kitchen, and spend so much time there.
    I just have to keep posting my way, away from being a newbie here, so I can post some pics of dishes and chat about that kind of thing.
    Hoping you don't have to wait too long for your decent kitchen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

They're not particularly massive on my laptop, just post width. To be honest, it doesn't matter at all how big anyone's photos are! If they're big to the point of blowing the page we'll (as in, the mod team) let the poster know but apart from that, post away.

Kovu wrote: »
    It doesn't split the page though so not super massive imo. It doesn't bother me, all the better to view the nomsciousness of the meal :)

Last night I just made spudbread (potato cakes) and lemsip Totally worthy of a photo so it was!

I'm really digging that word nomsciousness!
    Did you put anything in the potato cakes?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,772 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

I picked up a thinly-cut 1lb sirloin yeaterday & did it on the barbecue. A bit excessive to have it going for 20 minutes just to cook the steak for 2 minutes each side. Had it with a waldorf salad & a sprinkling of salt & pepper. Delicious meat feast!

• Advertisement

Stheno wrote: »
    All pictures or any in particular?

All of them, same size

I picked up a thinly-cut 1lb sirloin yeaterday & did it on the barbecue. A bit excessive to have it going for 20 minutes just to cook the steak for 2 minutes each side. Had it with a waldorf salad & a sprinkling of salt & pepper. Delicious meat feast!

Sounds delicious. Making me hungry!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,215 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

thai red chicken and prawn with basmati rice baby spuds done in garlic butter in the actifry, few leftover noodles from the sister

9iqv6r.jpg

159jm1.jpg

Pan fried duck breast, tamarind curry sauce, grilled sweet potato and aubergine, sauteed sugar snap peas, pearl and red quinoa. Yum!

IMG_20150516_192121_zps7kvbep8i.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

Made a taco feast this evening for us and now we are both groaning on respective sofas with loosened buttons from sheer gluttony

• Registered Users Posts: 775 ✭✭✭Musefan

Had a bit of a burst of energy today so the freezer is stocked with 4 portions of cottage pie, 6 portions of chilli, 4 portions of bolognese and 2 portions of tikka masala.

I was so tired after that, I had a "three-in-one" and shared some chicken in black bean with the oh...god I love the local Chinese :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Merkin wrote: »
    Made a taco feast this evening for us and now we are both groaning on respective sofas with loosened buttons from sheer gluttony

Gimmie them tulips. Mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

fussyonion wrote: »
    Gimmie them tulips. Mine.

Weirdly enough they went uneaten :p

• Registered Users Posts: 17,004 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

They're not particularly massive on my laptop, just post width. To be honest, it doesn't matter at all how big anyone's photos are! If they're big to the point of blowing the page we'll (as in, the mod team) let the poster know but apart from that, post away.

I often wonder do I reduce my pics enough?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

They look fine to me, both on the laptop and the tablet. There may be the odd big one, if I remember correctly but it's rare and not a problem.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,171 ✭✭✭limnam

Yours are usually perfect for me for laptop viewing.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭Shenshen

Spaghetti Aglio e Olio, with a big, lovely and crunchy side salad.

I had a jar of oil that used to contain sundried tomatoes, so I used that to fry the garlic and chili in - works wonderfully, great flavour. :)

ei5h8o.jpg

Had Indian takeaway last night, and it was the best I've had in a long long time. Onion bhaji, sheesh kebab to start. Main was lamb bhuna and chicken jalfrezi. I had them with cheese naan, himself with rice. Was so good I still think about it this morning.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Last night we had home made pizzas - no photo because they looked just the same as last week's. I made a rhubarb and strawberry crumble pie for dessert.

15owmfq.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭Loire

On Sat night we had Buffalo striploins for the first time. They're reared in Macroom, Co. Cork. I cooked them medium rare and they were absolutely divine. I thought they would be a tougher, heavier meat compared to beef but on the contrary they weren't as strong. Bought them from the place that sells, chicken, venison, veal etc in the Eng Market (near the fountain). They were 16e for the two but well worth it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

Rare ribeye with roast potatoes and a mustard heavy vinaigrette. On Saturday I had dinner at the Woolen Mills in Dublin with some buddies and had a squid, watermelon & peanut dish (hated this. But I just ordered badly, should have known it would not be up my alley. The dressing was not to my taste either so the whole thing was a bit sweet and not good, for me) and some nice panko & sesame breaded aubergine wedges.

I had rotten food envy the whole time for my buddy's bacon ribs and moules frites

ktn8kZ3.png

Loire wrote: »
    On Sat night we had Buffalo striploins for the first time. They're reared in Macroom, Co. Cork. I cooked them medium rare and they were absolutely divine. I thought they would be a tougher, heavier meat compared to beef but on the contrary they weren't as strong. Bought them from the place that sells, chicken, venison, veal etc in the Eng Market (near the fountain). They were 16e for the two but well worth it.

Totally underated is Buffalo. It's just so tasty & gorgeous

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Loire wrote: »

Actual bison? Where can I get these?

I had a bison burger many years ago in the States and, boy, it's like the best, most fantastic beef ever.

You can't beat a good Moules/Frites. I would n't have ordered that dish either.Strange sounding.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,464 ✭✭✭✭Alun

kylith wrote: »
    Actual bison? Where can I get these?

I had a bison burger many years ago in the States and, boy, it's like the best, most fantastic beef ever.
    Probably Water Buffalo.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement