Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'Here's what I had for dinner last night' thread - Part II - Don't quote pics!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Joolzie wrote: »
    Totally underated is Buffalo. It's just so tasty & gorgeous
    It has lower levels of cholesterol than beef too!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Alun wrote: »
    Probably Water Buffalo.

Don't care. Will eat it. Where can I buy it? Gimme, gimme! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭Mrs Fox

I've seen bison on the menu in Tayto Park. Didn't try it but food is actually quite alright there. I know a couple who purchased an annual pass there just to have regular Sunday lunch in the restaurant.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Mrs Fox wrote: »
    Had Indian takeaway last night, and it was the best I've had in a long long time. Onion bhaji, sheesh kebab to start. Main was lamb bhuna and chicken jalfrezi. I had them with cheese naan, himself with rice. Was so good I still think about it this morning.

Where did you order from?

Where did you order from?

Delhi Darbar Celbridge

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,004 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Silver Hill duck leg confit (€3.99 for two in Lidl), wet polenta, grilled tomatoes and braised sweetheart cabbage.

4UGiSM.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 17,004 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Salad of mustard leaves, Japanese radish leaves, rocket, cucumber and asparagus. Rare flat iron steak. Asian dressing.

7hfQWJ.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

Tonight we will have rib eye steaks, spinach, peas, steamed (or boiled, not sure yet).

Got the rib-eye's in Dunnes, interested to see what they are like compared to the ones from Aldi. Gave up buying the steak in the butchers as the one in Aldi is far nicer and prices are similar anyway.

Chook + salad.

IMG_20150518_184141_zpsftuyhddx.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭homemadecider

Pan fried ling fillets, pesto & sour cream sauce, big pile of greens (leek, courgette, spinach).

IMG_20150518_182904_zpswgdpxvto.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Tilly

Stir fried chicken (lots of chillis) on broccoli and cauliflower mash. Tasted way better than it looked :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

Meatball con carne With garlic and chilli roasties, green beans and broccoli

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Beef and veg stir fry with soy sauce and honey.

Fried off chilli and garlic first and the heat was too high...smoke went up my nose and I feel like my nostrils are on fire :o:D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Roast chicken, stuffing, veg, roasties - with the wind and rain it's a great evening for a big dinner. There's some crumble pie left from last night too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

Rib eye steaks with baked potato and a big blue cheese salad, lovely!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

Hope ye don't mind me joining in. I've been reading for months and drooling over your delicious looking dinners.

Today I had steak, buttery mash and gravy. Simple but amazing. No picture unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Just had Donegal Catch Plaice with roasted peppers, onions, potatoes, tomatoes and garlic.

I've never had plaice before and I know nothing beats fresh fish, but for a first taste, I really liked it.

The veg was gorgeous; I lay out chunks of red, green and yellow pepper in a tray with halved tomatoes, garlic cloves, baby spuds and seasoned with olive oil, balsamic vinegar, bay leaves, basil, oregano, salt, pepper and a sprinkle of Cajun seasoning.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭iwantmydinner

Last night we had oven-baked Aldi Angus burgers, with roasted sweet potato chunks, roasted tomato, fried onions and mushrooms, and a wee side salad of cherry toms, cucumber, olives, pickles, and peppers with a lemon juice, olive oil and s&p dressing (vinaigrette?). And a glass of the lovely Montepulciano from Aldi.

Highly recommend those Angus burgers from Aldi!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

A whopper meal sitting in the car. First time driving myself through a drive through! It turns out I really enjoy eating junk food sitting in the car and listening to podcasts. Goody. Was looking for a new hobby

A whopper meal sitting in the car. First time driving myself through a drive through! It turns out I really enjoy eating junk food sitting in the car and listening to podcasts. Goody. Was looking for a new hobby

Total bliss, isn't it? I need to rekindle my affair with the drive thrus one of these cheat days.

• Advertisement

It was so nice Mrs Fox! I couldn't get over how much fun I was having in, basically, an industrial estate car park. Just afraid I'll be graduating from whopper meals to entire buckets of chicken by myself in the car very quickly :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,171 ✭✭✭limnam

What podcast was it? :pac:

The Flophouse, taking the mickey out of 50 Shades

http://www.flophousepodcast.com/2015/05/episode-178-50-shades-of-grey/

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

KatW4 wrote: »
    Hope ye don't mind me joining in. I've been reading for months and drooling over your delicious looking dinners.

Today I had steak, buttery mash and gravy. Simple but amazing. No picture unfortunately.

Welcome :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Last night we had oven-baked Aldi Angus burgers, with roasted sweet potato chunks, roasted tomato, fried onions and mushrooms, and a wee side salad of cherry toms, cucumber, olives, pickles, and peppers with a lemon juice, olive oil and s&p dressing (vinaigrette?). And a glass of the lovely Montepulciano from Aldi.

Highly recommend those Angus burgers from Aldi!

Those burgers are delicious and they've got 99% beef too.
    Really tasty!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

Are these the burgers from Aldi?

https://www.aldi.ie/en/product-range/meat/beef/products-detail-page/ps/p/irish-angus-burgers/

Might pick some up when I'm there next. I love burgers but am so lazy when it comes to making my own so I nearly always buy them from the butchers. Laziness, pure laziness! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭iwantmydinner

They're the ones! V tasty. I baked them just past pink in the middle. I like burgers pink from nice restaurants, not so hot on cooking them that way myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭bigronnie9

made fish last night, plaice coated in flour/salt/pepper/small bit of paprika, fried in a pan and served with broccoli, carrots and a simple white sauce.

Lovely and light dinner after an unhealthy weekend, plaice fillets were exceptionally big too!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,215 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

i get them burgers too, i put cling film over em and roll a jar on them to flatten them out ,season and double up the burger :)

• Advertisement

Ah here. I was in Aldi grabbing a pack of lamb mince, planning on making lamb burger. But of course I was heavily influenced by this forum so I HAD to get the Angus burger, and I HAD to get the brioche buns. I'm looking forward to dinner already.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement