Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'Here's what I had for dinner last night' thread - Part II - Don't quote pics!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

Tonight we had fish (seabass, natural smoked haddock) with peas and boiled new potatoes for dinner.

Delicious, seabass has to be my favourite fish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

Turned leftover roast chicken into a chicken & ham pasta dish last night. Very much enjoyable and I got my rda of cheese into me. Followed on with a scoop of Ben & Jerry's Speculoos Cookie Core. Em. I've never had gross ice cream before, didn't even think gross ice cream could exist, but this was awful stuff. Gritty and did not taste good.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Pork chop, broccoli, green beans, peas and my signature savoury mini spuds which are just par-boiled salad spuds, tossed in wholegrain mustard, oil, salt, pepper, turmeric, chilli flakes, coriander, rosemary and garlic. You then lay them on a tray and bake for 20 minutes.
    We love them.

ixfuc7.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Those spuds look the business alright.
    Bit of a veg attack there though!

J Mysterio wrote: »
    Those spuds look the business alright.
    Bit of a veg attack there though!

Heh, the funny thing is..I used to only really cook one type of veg (reluctantly); either carrots or peas, but then I realised eating more veg was better for me and I slowly introduced two and then THREE veg to the dinner plate.

I'm now used to it and make sure I load up on veg to counteract anything bad on the plate :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭Mrs Fox

Pan fried duck breast over stir fried veg. So good.

IMG_20150521_203231_zpsqhlydqvw.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭2xj3hplqgsbkym

Mrs Fox wrote: »
    Pan fried duck breast over stir fried veg. So good.

<picture snipped>
    Mrs. Fox do you have a recipe blog? I love all your food.

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭dibkins

slack_for_ios_upload_1024.png

double baked potatoes. once yesterday, once today! nom.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,958 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

I had one of those frozen yellowfin sole fillets with lemon crumb from Aldi (very nice indeed, a firm enough fish, but great), and broccolli, cauli and carrots in a white sauce with a few panko crumbs on top, oven baked after a short steaming.

I had no spuds, so that was that.

It was really nice. Really.

No pics, it's all gone now!

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Loanshark Blues

I've no photos this time but I made spicy honey pork sandwiches with homemade slaw and chilli jam, with rosemary salted chips :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Polka_Dot

Peanut noodles with chicken and broccoli. First time making this myself, very quick and easy. I left the noodles in the frying pan (need to invest in a wok) a bit too long though, as they got a bit crunchy. They actually ended up really nice like that though :o

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,351 ✭✭✭katydid

Polka_Dot wrote: »
    Peanut noodles with chicken and broccoli. First time making this myself, very quick and easy. I left the noodles in the frying pan (need to invest in a wok) a bit too long though, as they got a bit crunchy. They actually ended up really nice like that though :o

Peanut noodles?? Sounds interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Polka_Dot

Just noodles with a quick peanut sauce! Peanut butter, soy sauce, sesame oil, a bit of lime juice and some chili flakes.

Polka_Dot wrote: »
    Just noodles with a quick peanut sauce! Peanut butter, soy sauce, sesame oil, a bit of lime juice and some chili flakes.

Mmm, sounds nice. I'm going to try that.

Mrs. Fox do you have a recipe blog? I love all your food.

Thanks, but no I don't have one. I created a blogspot account once but I soon discovered I'm too lazy to write up and it was abandoned with zero entry :D

Tonight we were meant to have omelettes but my boyfriend got held up in work for a number of hours so decided he wanted Indian instead.

So we had Murgh Makhani (Butter Chicken), garlic naan, basmati rice and chicken pakora.

Delicious. Cut way back on take-away nights so they are a real treat now and we enjoy them even more when we do get them. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭Shenshen

A simple yellow split pea and kale soup, with some smoked paprika four seasoning and a dollop of sour cream stirred through.
    It didn't look great (few soups do), so I didn't bother with a picture, but it tasted very much yum.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭iwantmydinner

Dinner in Zakura on Camden Street with a clatter of women last night.

I had spicy tuna roll, ebi gyoza, edamame, and loads of miso. OmnomNOM. SO VERY GOOD.

I also got to taste the yazai tempura which was absolutely gorgeous. The chicken katsu looked lovely as did the kimchi chicken ramen. Huge portions on the main dishes!

Duck again tonight. Love love love duck. Pan fried breast over Gado Gado salad, with peanut butter dressing. The Happy Pear hero sprouts on top. Mucho yummo.

IMG_20150522_201052_zpscivtcerx.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Tilly

Mucho wanto!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭GrahamThomas

Dinner tonight was haddock and chips from Super Miss Sue's takeaway after a few post-work beers. Easily the best fish & chips in Dublin!

Been craving something from El Porko Loco this week, but couldn't make it there so decided to create my own version of their Burrito Bowls.

I got a lunchbox and threw in some shredded cajun chicken, shredded iceberg lettuce, mixed beans, Mexican rice, hot salsa, cheese, jalapenos and coriander.
    It was feckin' delicious!

Sorry no pic, camera was charging.

I made Toad in the Hole for the first time. Underwhelming. It wasn't cooked fully, a bit mushy in the middle, but that wasn't the thing. It was just ok. I used the Jamie Oliver recipe, with a red onion and balsamic "gravy". I should have taken a pic.

Tonight was fresh cod baked with lemon juice, olive oil, salt, pepper, paprika, chilli flakes and a dusting of paprika, served with boiled new spuds with butter and sprinkled with scallions.

I got some chocolate buns for dessert with fresh strawberry cream and they were gone off. Sour cream is one of, if not the most vile thing ever. I can still taste it. :(

Posted this in the wrong thread earlier so I deleted that post and am reposting it here, I hope that's okay Mods. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

El Porko Loco :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,004 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Rare flat iron steaks, grilled tomatoes, fried potatoes, red onion jam, gremolata and lightly steamed york cabbage.

(a very strange cabbage from Lidl - I've never come across a cabbage more like iceberg lettuce, we had it almost raw)

7Cf8S7.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Joolzie

Dinner tonight was haddock and chips from Super Miss Sue's takeaway after a few post-work beers. Easily the best fish & chips in Dublin!

Love Super Miss Sue, great food. Tried to post a pic of her stuff, don't know how to do it. It says what URL? I don't even know what URL is

• Registered Users Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭homemadecider

Buffalo chicken wings, big fat jenga chips cooked in the oven, garlicky spinach & asparagus. All set for the Eurovision now - strawberry lime cocktails already pre-mixed in the fridge!

IMG_20150523_181012_zpse9sguttu.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

We had ham which was boiled and then put in the oven covered in mustard, mash, cabbage, stuffing, yorkshire pudding and gravy. All cooked by my boyfriend's step mum. Absolutely gorgeous but now I can't move!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

Had to be a BBQ for the day that was in it, cannot even think about moving! We had homemade burgers, sausages, chicken skewers (plain and Indian spice), prawns and every side and salad known to man. Finished off with brownies, pavlova, rocky road and cheese.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement