Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'Here's what I had for dinner last night' thread - Part II - Don't quote pics!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

BBQ pork chops & some fabulous potato salad. I want the weather to get decent so bbq meats can feature much more heavily on my Summer menu

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

fussyonion wrote: »
    I wish I liked feta.

I bought some last week and roughly chopped it before throwing it on a salad.
    I didn't like it.
    It was overly salty and overly....I don't know...just not very cheesy, but it was *something*.
    Too overwhelming, I think.

This Polish version of feta is gorgeous, I much prefer it to the Greek stuff! It's really creamy, you can get it in some Tescos I think.

upload.f122498fc905783f6c73f09d98283a12.1350x1350.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭tampopo

Bacon and ham in the Porterhouse on Parliament Street.

gawjess.

WP_20150524_20_54_05_Pro1_zpsiqnt2qnc.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,468 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

The beauty of this place is the inspiration you get for the 'what the hell am I going to make tonight?' dilemma.

Cooking Club Kebabs on a Monday night, who would have thought! :)

281A1024-4FF2-4B1B-88C0-97C47E4BE837_zpsieu91ab1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,468 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Meanwhile over in AH......

http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057436066/1/#post95628308

I don't know who they're talking about, anyone care to enlighten me? :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭mocha please!

A good proper mammy-dinner of roast chicken, home-made stuffing, mashed potato, carrots and peas. And lots of gravy!

It's usually only a Sunday thing, but she knows it's my favourite dinner, so she's after making it three days in a row because I'm not well. Gotta love the Irish mammy. <3

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭Moody_mona

Really nice veg lasagne with a savoury chicken concoction. Poached the chicken breast, sliced them and fried them in butter with some herbs, paprika, and crumbled stock cube. Was yum!

Hmm photo didn't attach for some reason!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,772 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Shhhh! Leave them to it. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,179 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Striploin steaks cooked rare on the griddle pan, roasted carrots and parsnips, steamed baby corn and a little rocket and lamb's lettuce salad just for a touch of green :)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

It hardly matters. It's the pot calling the kettle black :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭polydactyl

Lidl fillet with potatoes. It was awful. Couldn't even chew it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

Mrs Fox wrote: »
    It's more of a fermenty taste than cheesy. Probably can't convince you but they're gorgeous in omelette.

I've never put it in an omelette. What else do you put in with it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

Lidl sirloin served rare with broccoli and onions. Was literally melt in my mouth! Very picky with my steaks these days and the only reason I bought it was because it was fabulously marbled, I don't think I could have made it tough even if I tried.

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭Hesh's Umpire

I had three grilled sausages, a fried egg, mash and onion gravy. Ultimate comfort food!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭Mrs Fox

yellow hen wrote: »
    I've never put it in an omelette. What else do you put in with it?

I usually team feta up with spring onions and sauteed mushrooms. With a side of green leaves, yum!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

My little sister is moving to Paris on Thursday so my cousins made us all an amazing dinner!

Starter: Potato and leek soup with tiger bread

Main: Tacos, nachos with homemade guacamole and salsa, rice.

Dessert: Made by my sister (another one!) it was apple crumble but she followed Deliciously Ella's recipe and it was fab! There was no normal flour just almond flour and oats. It was one of the best apple crumbles I've ever had! We had it with ice cream.

I'm still stuffed 5 hours later!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,004 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Saturday's dinner.

To start was McCarthy's Alder smoked white pudding with bacon, spiced onions, 100% chocolate and sumac.

5vdN5y.jpg

main was beef cheeks stewed with red wine, tomatoes and herbs. Brown rice and steamed cabbage.
    Had that again last night with wet polenta and asparagus.

88GqQx.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 17,004 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Sunday, Mrs Beer cooked an extremely tasty tofu and vegetable stirfry with white Thai rice.

6dVNHU.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,215 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

simple treat today , garlic baby spuds roasted, Jamaican jerk lamb chops .. omm nomm

313m1rm.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Tilly

Spicy meatballs with couscous salad. Doesn't look like loads but it was very filling. Happy belly :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭dibkins

I made pork dumplings and duck noodle salad. Both half eaten before i remembered to take a pic!

slack_for_ios_upload_1024.png

slack_for_ios_upload_1024.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭mocha please!

A good proper mammy-dinner of roast chicken, home-made stuffing, mashed potato, carrots and peas. And lots of gravy!

It's usually only a Sunday thing, but she knows it's my favourite dinner, so she's after making it three days in a row because I'm not well. Gotta love the Irish mammy. <3

On the same theme, tonight we had a lovely spuddy cottage pie. With all the works. And lots of butter.

And even Vienetta afterwards.

Mammy can I please come back home and live here forever? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Ye lucky sods. My mammy just phones me up when they're having my favourite dinner so she can taunt me.

Tonight I tried my hand at Bobotie, which I served with brown rice.
    photo_zpssbvkfj2h.jpg

Foolishly I didn't use the Cooking Club recipe. The one I used had a minuscule amount of curry powder and called for apricots as well as raisins. Can you say sweeeeeeeet? Other than that it was ok. A touch bland. The rice was lovely though; I threw a veg stock cube and a few knobs of butter in with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

Picked up giant gnocchi stuffed with brie & speck in Lidl today and infused some cream with garlic then added a squeeze of lemon and a big handful of grated parmesan and finished cooking the gnocchi in the cream. Served on a bed of baby spinach with some pork fillet cut into slices and fried in butter. Oink!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭homemadecider

I had some leftover ham fillet so I made loaded potato skins. I baked two spuds, then hollowed them out and mixed the potato with the ham, some cheddar, sauteed onion, sour cream and pepper. Stuffed the mix back into the potato skins and then topped with breadcrumbs and parmesan and baked for another ten mins. The bits at the front are the gorgeous bits of burnt parmesan that fell onto the baking sheet. We were nearly fighting over them!

IMG_20150528_184842_zpsj9bpt0ob.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

I spent all day thinking about the burritos I was going to make with the turkey I had, forgetting that I'd put the turkey in the freezer last night :mad:

One panicked search of the fridge and freezer later I came up with the ingredients for prawn fried rice.

photo_zps3etqltf2.jpg

Then I had cranachan for dessert. Or, since I only had stawberries and greek yoghurt it was more a take on it.

photo_zpsv0rbzjnd.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭tampopo

Okonomykaki, no pic as I thought I'd have more this evening, but no. Fridge empty. To say I'm disappointed is an understatement after a long hard and tiring day!!!

pfft!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Tonight we had Padraig Mor's doner kebabs from the Cooking Club. I made both lamb and chicken, they were fabulous and we ate tons:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭Chris Martin

Today I had Carrot and Potato Soup and slices of cooked chicken in a roll with lots and lots of pepper.
    Back to the student eating habits..
    Said I'd post it in case any one felt their meal wasn't good enough to post...
    Here's a comparison ;P

It was roasting and wasn't feeling well so threw together quickest thing I could find...
    Will say canned minestrone soup over here is fantastic. Watery but with lots of flavour.
    Don't judge! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Home-made pizza with sweetcorn, peppers, ham, jalapenos, mushrooms, onion and cheese.

sqqtr9.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement