Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'Here's what I had for dinner last night' thread - Part II - Don't quote pics!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

Had smoked haddock and chorizo one pot on a bed of spinach with a poached egg on top. Raging I didn't take a photo but I wolfed it down quicker than Mr. Merkin last night, was in a hunger haze so taking photos was the last thing on my mind!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,939 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Beef Rendang that has been maturing nicely in the fridge since last week.
    Served with spicy green beans with cashews, Thai white rice, lime wedges and fresh coriander. I don't know what took me so long to make this dish a second time.

7FuMNX.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 325 ✭✭finix

psycho juice ! love it !Never tasted it but love the name !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭Pang

Garlic and herb sausage casserole with creamy mash tonight. Kevin Dundon recipe. Very easy to make.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭Animord

Burnt salmon. :mad:

Ironically enough I burnt it because I was too busy reading this forum instead of watching it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Minder

Beef Rendang that has been maturing nicely in the fridge since last week.
    Served with spicy green beans with cashews, Thai white rice, lime wedges and fresh coriander. I don't know what took me so long to make this dish a second time.

You should be selling these photos. I'm sure some food publisher would happily pay you.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

Thai green curry (beef) this evening

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

Went to the opening of Chinese New Year in Dublin tonight and it was lovely, beautiful music, lots of wine etc. Canapés were a *little* on the gross side though, special mention goes to the pink goats cheese mousse in the curry cone [bleurgh]. Was happy to get home and make dinner, bacon & pea risotto. Some Italian buddies have been telling me for years that risotto is only risotto when you finish it with a heart attack slice of butter and I've been ignoring them but threw a chunk in tonight. Wow. It works so it does. Wasn't expecting how creamy the dish would get

bacff109-db22-4d40-8b9f-48f3f4e3ec25_zpsa3c3a39c.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭Toast4532

Steak, buttery, creamy mash and spinach for us tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭Loire

Animord wrote: »
    Burnt salmon. :mad:

Ironically enough I burnt it because I was too busy reading this forum instead of watching it.

My salmon was perfect ;):P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭Animord

Loire wrote: »
    My salmon was perfect ;):P

:eek: That's so mean!

(Though it probably serves me right as it was your meet/meat typo that I was making fun of at the time)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭tmc86

Baked Chorizo Risotto All'Arabbiata with garlic & mozzarella focaccia and pine nut leaves.

I didn't have any red wine to hand for the risotto unfortunately so substituted with a little balsamic vinegar.

9CA5E586-F9F9-498A-BED1-42455F6A418A_zpse92c0jod.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,951 ✭✭✭B0jangles

So I made a batch of Curry Addicts base sauce last week and got around to actually doing something with it last night.

I got a lamb neck as an experiment (will not repeat - I got 320g of usable meat from around 850g of neck, the rest was at least 50% fat and the bones of course :( ), and stewed the meat I got off it in a helping of the base sauce for about 2 hours on a low heat, then I went on with the rest of his vindaloo recipe from here:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=79258763&postcount=66

It was deeelicious; very spicy of course but very very tasty indeed.

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,798 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

Wednesday evening we went out for dinner for Her Indoors' birthday. We had the tasting menu in Knockranny House Hotel, which was superb, as we've come to expect from chef Commons and his team.

One interesting twist: normally you'd expect to get a wee sorbet as a palate cleanser about halfway through the meal. Instead, the sommelier arrived out with three bottles of vinegar - blackcurrant, heather and elderflower flavoured - and two ice-cold shot glasses. We each picked a flavour, and downed a shot of vinegar. Strange, but surprisingly enjoyable.

Anyway: last night we had monkfish, as part of our new plan to buy local fresh fish at least once a week. It was cooked two ways, with one wrapped in pancetta and the other marinated in lemon juice then coated in seasoned flour, and we each had half of each, served with baby potatoes and a caper and herb beurre noisette.

monkfish.jpg

(Yes, I know that's too many spuds. I'm a sucker for them.)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭confusticated

oscarBravo wrote: »
    (Yes, I know that's too many spuds. I'm a sucker for them.)

No such thing in my book.

Tonight, so far, since I forgot to defrost lasagne and have very little else in the house, it's been a bag of crisps. Should get the lasagne someway edible by 10ish hopefully!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Good old-fashioned spaghetti and meatballs :)

9-6gFpeeecXhjnmV0OKtB_GA8GtMlUKmWIPcRWCpBUw=w583-h577-no

• Registered Users Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭iwantmydinner

Tesco finest ready meal - chicken, chorizo and prawn paella.

Needed lots of ground chilli but was pretty tasty. Got about 4 hours sleep last night, so considering what *could* have happened...!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭Pang

Sticky chicken with sweet potato wedges. Very tasty. Wasn't sure how the sticky chicken would go as I got the recipe off the Aldi website, but I was very impressed with the flavour of the marinade.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

I always get my meat from the butcher's but I picked a two-pack of steaks for €6.49 in Tesco and figured they looked nice and thick.

Disappointed that, when cooked, they were really quite thin, but they tasted nice and we had it with fried onions, mushrooms, gravy and chips

2heh555.jpg

Last night we had chicken, red pepper and red onion enchiladas:

16kucyr.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Hake with a sun dried tomato, red pesto and pine nut crust. Damn tasty, love that tender-stem broccoli

5DLhLGzl.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

Jambalaya. We have it a lot on Friday cos it's something I can make after half a bottle of wine and not mess up :)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,939 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Roast rib beef, mash, sweetheart cabbage, red wine jus. Simple. Tasty.

53bE2y.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭sandy_c

Donal Skehan - Pad Thai with chicken and prawns

• Registered Users Posts: 628 ✭✭✭albert kidd

made physco hope goulash recipe off here.

sorry no picture's..but my god was it beautiful..even the missus emptied her plate:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭pampootie

Last night was meatballs, colcannon and pepper sauce. Tonight was fried eggs, cheesy baked beans, toast and a glass of milk. Sher why not :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

Last night night was Mexican Night, chicken with guacamole, salsa and various other toppings, I forgot the cheese.

Tonight was the Hairy Bikers venison cobbler.

Meat and sauce was delicious but I used a mix of plain and wholemeal flour instead of self raising so the scones didn't rise much

291935.jpg

291936.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭Toast4532

Tonight we had roast lamb, carrots, mashed spuds, spinach cooked in milk and butter, gravy.

Delicious.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭iwantmydinner

Last night was tapas, again!

Utterly diviiiiine.

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭5unflower

Lamb shanks, Moroccan style, with roasted peppers and couscous. And the chocolate lava cakes made another appearance, too :-)

82728AC2C8FC4B348572DCF98F62C066-0000353053-0003490646-00800L-695B9B318F7042CCA880AF822F59F7C7.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

I made real Italian carbonara for the first time last night, with eggs from my in-laws chicken coop. It was delicious (IMO). The OH prefers my bastardised carbonara though, the philistine!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement