Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'Here's what I had for dinner last night' thread - Part II - Don't quote pics!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,808 ✭✭✭b.gud

Mrs Fox wrote: »
    I'd like to give this a go on my next steak night. Can you give me a rough guide what temp in the oven and for how long?

Firstly I'd say you def should it's really nice cooked this way.

I mainly used this video as a guide http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GZ4xl7XJM08

I was cooking for me and my gf and as she isn't a fan of med rare I tried to take it to medium. I didn't time how long it was in the oven as I used a meat thermometer to bring it to 135 F, it seemed easier to figure out the temperatures I was looking for in Fahrenheit. I'd say it was in the oven for about 40 to 45 mins at 135 C it's worth noting that the piece of stake I used was a bit bigger than 2 normal steak cuts

• Registered Users Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭homemadecider

Tandoori chicken leg with egg fried rice.

IMG_20150620_180005_zpsyyfyfhqi.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

b.gud wrote: »
    Reverse seared sirloin

What?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭Avada

J Mysterio wrote: »
    What?

Cook it in the oven, then sear after.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,808 ✭✭✭b.gud

J Mysterio wrote: »
    What?

This should help explain

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,772 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Avada wrote: »
    Cook it in the oven, then sear after.

Is it a 'thing'? I've been doing it for years, but didn't know it had a name.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Big bowl of ramen. Shaved lamb, sprouting broccoli, carrot, baby corn, poached egg.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

It's been a severely MEH few weeks of cooking and my phone is driving me nuts so been too sulky to take photos of the sulky meals I have cooked myself. Yesterday the sulk had lifted and so we had burgers stuffed with smoked ham, green chili & emmanthel and topped with melted cheddar and smoked ham fried till crispy. On Aldi brioche buns. Served with curly fries topped with an unappetising (for other people) looking amount of ketchup and mayo, rioja and 2 episodes of The Bridge.

vMkepIz.jpg
    FROq4dH.jpg
    YOdBtgS.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

In honour of fathers days I cooked himself chicken wings, half in frank & butter, the other half in BBQ sauce.

Enjoying them at the moment with a cold beer and Jurassic park, brushing up for Jurassic world tomorrow night

Bread got made today so tonight's dinner was a frying pan ham, cheese & green chili toastie. Tomato soup & King on the side.

CKziia9.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭Avada

On Aldi brioche buns.

Those Brioche buns love delicious! As does the burger.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Hmm went freezer meal making over the weekend
    Had a nice big batch pork and beef mince so made
    1) thai pork curry from scratch. had some for dinner and it was hmmmmmm. Two portions made it to the freezer..
    2) big batch of (beef and pork) meatballs. 7 good size dinner out of that. So tasty, how I resisted eating some i'll never know. poor ms brinty was drooling and my dog got in a sulk cos he didn't get any

Ms. Brinty was very good to me last night and made me steak dinner
    We'd a couple of the superquinn/ Super valu cowboy steaks in the freezer and had them with some baby potatoes and roasted veg.
    Steak was nice but think I'll be giving the cowboys a miss in future, there's just too much time spent around cutting away grizzle and sinews for what you're paying for.

Have a couple of rump steaks in the freezer and might do some steak sarnies tonight with onions, mushrooms, rocket and a bit of parmessan

• Registered Users Posts: 6,215 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

pork madras,nice few drops of a new sauce i picked up at a fair,Trinidadian scorpion chilli sauce ....woaaa boy...

• Registered Users Posts: 21,464 ✭✭✭✭Alun

... 2 episodes of The Bridge.
    Series 1 or 2? We're hooked on series 2 at the moment, watched 4 episodes last night :D

Alun wrote: »
    Series 1 or 2? We're hooked on series 2 at the moment, watched 4 episodes last night :D

2! Finished it on Sunday. My God.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,464 ✭✭✭✭Alun

2! Finished it on Sunday. My God.
    I hear a series 3 is going to happen, but without Martin Rohde :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Leftover roast chicken, salad and Mexican rice.
    It was nice, but Jesus why does chicken turn so dry when it's been in the fridge.
    Next time, I'll liven it up in the pan.

2q3rvnl.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

Made a scrumptious fish pie last week and there was quite a bit leftover for freezing. Had it tonight with brocolli and peas and it was gorgeous, tasted freshly made. I used smoked haddock, salmon, cod, smoked salmon and jumbo prawns with a white wine sauce and sliced potatoes over it with bubbly grilled greyure on top. No pictures but we have happy tummys.

Alun wrote: »
    I hear a series 3 is going to happen, but without Martin Rohde :(

:(:(:(

Although I will still be glued to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭ArtyC

We had one of those moy park chicken in a bag today... Was excellent ;) will be bought again

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,092 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Did my first seafood chowder tonight. Bag of mixed frozen fish, half a bad of jumbo prawns and a can of crab meat. Veg were carrots, a stick of celery, can of sweetcorn, 3 garlic and an onion finely sliced. Opted for 500ml of milk, and 500ml of cream, instead of fish stock. Myself and a friend had 2 bowls of it, very filling. More importantly, dinner is sorted for tomorrow too. Added alot of parsley and dill before I served it too.

C1079D8303A645C895A705CEC85C37D9-0000324795-0003772282-00800L-FC7C2AE57B7E4C82BA7A40B802AE3513.jpg

fussyonion wrote: »
    Mexican rice.

Me too! Made the red rice recipe from Thomasina Miers 'Mexican Food Made Simple' with spatchcocked (and basically shaved) chicken in a spicy dry rub. Also wildcard extra of little feta roll things from when Lidl had their Greek food in. Oh and some lovely black beans. Rice was a little bland, I thought, possibly because I used a different chili in it than the one in the recipe but nothing that stirring some hot sauce through it couldn't fix.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

I was out and about all weekend, eating yummy things in yummy restaurants, so I felt a craving for something light and refreshing for supper. Leftover fennel soup with cooked quinoa stirred through, spiked with lots of lime juice and some Frank's hot sauce, and topped with sunflower seeds for a little crunch. So yum! The lime juice really lifted it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

Dinner tonight was roasted chicken fillets marinaded in olive oil, dried parsley, chilli flakes, paprika, salt, pepper and garlic powder, in pitta bread with fresh, raw, delicious spinach with red onion and a tiny bit of cheddar cheese.

I'm obsessed with chicken in pitta lately. So delicious and super easy and quick to do.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,588 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

Maple mustard baked salmon. Baby spuds roasted with garlic and fresh rosemary. Salad of spinach, rocket, cucumber, tomatoes, goats cheese and a seed and dried fruit mix, with a white wine vinaigrette. Strawberries and cream for dessert. A crispy pinot grigio for the white drinkers and a malbec for the reds. Fresh coffee all round. Good grub.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,004 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

A few nights ago.
    Lidl Silver Hill duck confit. Dressed rocket and tomatoes. Duck fat roast new spuds.

6tMX67.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 17,004 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Seared rib eye steak. Tabouleh. Skinned and deseeded tomato salad. Couscous with orange zest, pinenuts and parsley.

5t7ELY.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭black_frosch

Aubergine, tomato & garlic baked in foil

13z0095.jpg

2e1ydko.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭black_frosch

Same ingredients different performance on Sunday morning

11v7492.jpg

2e4ahxu.jpg

23su13o.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,215 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic