Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'Here's what I had for dinner last night' thread - Part II - Don't quote pics!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭Dr Crippen

Raise it up a notch and throw in a few slices of buttered batch with that coddle and you are shipwrecked for the day :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Tilly

Chicken curry wraps. I'm trying to be good.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,004 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Duck again a few nights ago.
    It's just such good value at the moment.
    Pan basted duck breasts, wilted kale from the garden, slow roasted tomatoes and some of the couscous left over from the other night (pinenuts, parsley and orange zest).

7JAZY9.jpg

Yesterday, we were invited to a friend's place for a late lunch.
    I ended up pretty much cooking the entire lunch - to my mate's recipe and with his ingredients. Turned out to be a pretty stunning joint effort.

Paella for 15 people.
    Chicken thigh, onions, peppers, garlic, a little chorizo, fresh prawns, mussels, squid rings, chicken and prawn stock, saffron, paprika, salt and pepper, rice.

7WQUMY.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭Mrs Fox

Duck again a few nights ago.
    It's just such good value at the moment.

Hear, hear
    I had duck twice last week. And got a couple of discounted ones yesterday on top of the offer. 2 for €2.80. Win!

Paella looks amazing btw.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

No pics because I had a demanding toddler on my hands but I finally tried feta (and spinach to be precise) in my omelette and wow.....my new favourite quickie dinner. Toddler loved it too and got loads of spinach into him. Thanks mrs fox!

Baked hake. Smashed baby spuds. Grilled asparagus. Wilted spinach. Baked cherry tomatoes. Creamy wholegrain mustard sauce. It was only amazing.

11699007_10153534830130984_1116134070677582289_o.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9

• Registered Users Posts: 6,215 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

made a kind of savoury mince with lamb and veg,mexican tinga paste .. poured over buttery mash ... crusty roll would have topped it off

fjf71x.jpg

dz4v5.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

I made a big pot of ratatouille, had it with sweet little lamb cutlets and some baked sweet potato this evening, very tasty!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭TeletextPear

Spinach and chickpea curry with basmati rice

2015-06-29%2018.52.54.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,171 ✭✭✭limnam

Yesterday, we were invited to a friend's place for a late lunch.
    I ended up pretty much cooking the entire lunch - to my mate's recipe and with his ingredients. Turned out to be a pretty stunning joint effort.

Paella for 15 people.
    Chicken thigh, onions, peppers, garlic, a little chorizo, fresh prawns, mussels, squid rings, chicken and prawn stock, saffron, paprika, salt and pepper, rice.

drool.

Looks amazing..How does one get membership into this club.

limnam wrote: »
    drool.

Looks amazing..How does one get membership into this club.

It's very exclusive.
    No application, invite only!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,215 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

sizzling spicy beef udon noodles

110famg.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,278 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Salmon fillet with pesto, homemade potato salad and green salad (spinach leaves, sweetcorn, peppers, cucumber, spring onion, tomato). Delish - absolutely stuffed now!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,351 ✭✭✭katydid

Beef and mushroom stew cooked with homebrewed beer for 12 hours in the slow cooker. Then heated up this evening on the stovetop for half an hour while freshly made parsley dumplings cooked in the steam. I was going to lick the plate, but I took pity on the dog and let him do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭NOS3

Baked cod with peas, roasted cherry tomatoes, grated carrot and baked potatoes. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭TeletextPear

Bit of a mish-mash dinner as Im trying to clear out the freezer. Leftover chickpea curry from last night with haddock fish cakes and a fried egg. Very tasty - curry is always better the second day!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

BBQ'd flatiron steaks, potato salad, green salad and a half BBQ'd avocado. BBQ avocado was a revelation, very creamy. Ah, Summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,772 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Summery dinner last night - slightly warm roast chicken with cous cous & a salad of rocket, cucumber, cherry tomatoes, cucumber & a mustard vinaigrette.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

BBQ'd flatiron steaks, potato salad, green salad and a half BBQ'd avocado. BBQ avocado was a revelation, very creamy. Ah, Summer.
    Oooh, how do you barbeque avocado?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Baked Seabass with potato cubes and salad.

Not shown is the lemon, mustard and capers dressing that I had with the fish that went with it really well.

353769.JPG

Oooh, how do you barbeque avocado?

I just cut it in half, popped the stone out and stuck it face down on the bbq for about 5 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

Where would you recommend I get sea bass in Dublin Bazmo? Haven't caught any this year yet and it's one of my favorite fish, the one you cooked looks delicious.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Merkin wrote: »
    Where would you recommend I get sea bass in Dublin Bazmo? Haven't caught any this year yet and it's one of my favorite fish, the one you cooked looks delicious.

I just got it in Supervalu. 2 fillets for €5. Actually, they nearly always have it on special. I used this recipe. As I said earlier, the dressing was really really nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭homemadecider

Pan fried salmon fillets with my favourite salad; strawberries, feta and romaine lettuce dressed in olive oil, balsamic vinegar, honey and wholegrain mustard.

IMG_20150701_181847_zpso2g5wj3o.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭Mrs Fox

Made lamb doner kebab from the cooking club minus the pitta. Subbed jalapeno for red chilli. Yum.

IMG_20150701_193008_zps571pe671.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭tradhead

Finally tried chickpeas at home! I've had a tin in the press for months, I've been meaning to make hummus but wanted to add something extra to my stirfry this evening.

This is mixed peppers, spring onion, carrot, peas, sweetcorn, chickpeas and turkey breast with cracked black pepper, basil, garlic and a little Nando's sauce and natural yoghurt drizzled on top. It was yum!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,772 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Dinner for one last night - Big-ass medium-rare ribeye with scallion & tomato gravy & my guilty pleasure of Brennan's white sliced pan to mop up the juices.

And a fine Merlot to wash it down.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,278 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Whoopsadaisydoodles, would you have a recipe for that wholegrain mustard sauce you did with the hake? I have hake tonight and want to have a stab at that sauce - looks delish!

Or does anyone else have a recipe for this?

• Advertisement

These are from random recent days.

This coriander & lime chicken. I was WELL wary of the thoughts of white wine and lime as a combination but gave it a go anyways. Really good. We had it with new potatoes and the next day my boyfriend shredded the rest of the chicken into the sauce & added noodles for a bright and wonderful chicken noodle soup. Which we are having again for dinner tonight

k2H47xq.jpg

Last night was bbq chicken drumsticks and pork medallions with potato salad and a green salad.

CsrmpZQ.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement