Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'Here's what I had for dinner last night' thread - Part II - Don't quote pics!

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,588 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

leahyl wrote: »
    Whoopsadaisydoodles, would you have a recipe for that wholegrain mustard sauce you did with the hake? I have hake tonight and want to have a stab at that sauce - looks delish!

Or does anyone else have a recipe for this?

I had the same thought meself

• Registered Users Posts: 17,004 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Was on my own the other night so had:

Burgers. Aldi Brioche bun (very nice) rocket, mustard, tomato, burger, gherkin, ketchup, chilli sauce, bun. All X 2. No sides.
    Burgers from O' Mahony's butchers in the English Market, Cork.

7Cb3ip.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

Haven't been posting here much, been in a rut with cooking and haven't really had much interest in cooking either.

A few meals from the past week.

Saturday: Lasagne and chips.

Sunday: We had fillet steak, onions, mushrooms and potatoes as it was my boyfriends birthday. Got the steaks in Dunnes (the specially selected ones) and they were gorgeous. I wouldn't usually be a fan of fillet but these were so tasty.

Monday: Italian Meatballs and pasta. Really lovely meatballs from the butchers counter in Supervalu but the pasta was rotten. I used white pasta which ruined it, I will be sticking to brown pasta/rice from now on. White pasta just seems mushy compared to brown pasta.

Tuesday: Fish (seabass for me, smoked haddock for my boyfriend) and baby potatoes. It was so warm that a light meal was all we were able for.

Yesterday was take away as my boyfriend was working late. We each had two slices of pizza and the rest went into the bin. The worst take away either of us had ever had, utterly vile.

Not sure what we are having today. Doing the grocery shop later so hopefully I'll find something or some inspiration at least.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Haven't been posting here much, been in a rut with cooking and haven't really had much interest in cooking either.

Happens to me sometimes, and I'd only be posting the same things over and over.

This evening as I got back late from the grocery shop we had chicken wings, BBQ ribs and a small portion of lasagne.

Bit of an odd combo but they all needed to be used up and they turned out pretty nice, we were full but not overly full, really nice change from the usual rotation of meals we usually have.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Must get back into the food groove over the weekend

have a few rump steaks so maybe a seared beef salad or something like that

super valu also have their steak and wine sale on so maybe pick up a couple of rib eyes or T-bones and a bottle of Chaeauneuf du pape!!!

Tonight for dinner we will have chicken breasts on the bone with broccoli, carrots and baby potatoes, and gravy of course.

Really looking forward to it, roast chicken is one of my favourite dinners, its just so comforting and homely or something. Love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,772 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Lazy dinner for one last night (after a few cheeky post-work scoops)...

Grilled rashers & tomatoes, a couple of fried eggs (sunny side up for the evening that was in it :)) & a mug of tae.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

4 glasses of Pinot Grigio with a Hot & Sour Chicken Noodle Soup chaser.

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭dibkins

I got red duck curry and a crispy lotus salad from Aroi. Nomnomnom. More for lunch today:D

slack_for_ios_upload_1024.png

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Marinated chicken breasts with roasted tomatoes, mushrooms and potato cubes - eaten outside in the sun :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,794 ✭✭✭Aongus Von Bismarck

I'm back in Ireland for a few weeks. One of the things I love about Ireland is the sensational shellfish caught off the coast. I decided to treat my parents this evening so I put this together. Not in picture - sourdough bread not long out of the oven. Serving it with 2 bottles of beautiful Riesling I brought home from Germany for an occasion like this.

354060.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

This week, I have been mostly eating....

9qOglF8l.jpg?1

That's the best pic you're going to get as it's not the most appetising food once heated or looked at (think narrow black pudding) but ohmygoodholydivinejaysis, with lingonberry jam it's delicious, and I'd willingly fly to Tampere to buy more when I run out. Mucho thanks to my brother for bringing it back to me :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭tickingclock

I'm back in Ireland for a few weeks. One of the things I love about Ireland is the sensational shellfish caught off the coast. I decided to treat my parents this evening so I put this together. Not in picture - sourdough bread not long out of the oven. Serving it with 2 bottles of beautiful Riesling I brought home from Germany for an occasion like this.

*snip*

That looks delicious. I'm jealous of your parents and you eating it!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

Pan fried striploin steak, deglazed the pan with red wine and did mushrooms and onions. Served with mange tout and roasted potatos. Had s spoonful of pepper sauce to go with it and some delicious Hardys Legacy which is reduced from €19 to €8.50 in Tesco at the moment. All very enjoyable!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭Custardpi

Made a chicken & prawn Thai red curry. Threw in a few fresh chillies for a good spicy kick. Served it with noodles & washed it down with a bottle of Cobra. Should get another dinner out of it at least as I made a decent amount.

Dinner tonight was pan fried lamb chops, onions, mushrooms, carrots, broccoli, scallion mash and gravy. Tasty.

Homemade chicken satay skewers & burgers on the barbecue last night. Served with wedges & Thai crispy slaw/salad. (Salad went untouched - will be having this today.) Dessert was marshmallows toasted in the fire bowl.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,004 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Hadn't done a whole roast chicken for ages.
    Friday night:
    Lemon garlic and thyme roast chicken. Tomato and broad bean salad with marjoram. Rocket and mixed herb pesto. Roast garlic. Fried polenta cake. White wine lemony thymey thin gravy.

7RnVAN.jpg

4URcdx.jpg

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,724 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Very tasty lamb burgers with turmeric quinoa and balsamic glazed griddled courgettes! (Having harissa roast lamb with tabouleh and courgettes done the same way tonight, will post pics later.) The warm weather has sent me all North African!

354239.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,467 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Southern-style Chicken with Sausage Gravy and Buscuits.

7C4CC4AC-6D1C-4D55-A613-F0C78FBE5225_zpsknvp5am8.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,808 ✭✭✭b.gud

Finally got some of the good weather down the west today so decided to have a BBQ. Had homemade burgers on brioche buns*, sausages, corn on the husk. On the side we had some oven chips, garlic bread, coleslaw and potato salad.

Thanks to whoever it was a few pages back that introduced me to the brioche buns from Aldi, it changes my life :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Mystery fish with fried spuds and broad beans.

It was my first time cooking broad beans and I have to say I found them a bit bitter and unpalatable.

photo%201_zpsuilukwnf.jpg

Salmon baked with ginger, chilli, soy, honey & orange juice. Served with noodles & the Thai-style slaw/salad leftover from last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,808 ✭✭✭b.gud

b.gud wrote: »
    Finally got some of the good weather down the west today so decided to have a BBQ. Had homemade burgers on brioche buns*, sausages, corn on the husk. On the side we had some oven chips, garlic bread, coleslaw and potato salad.

Thanks to whoever it was a few pages back that introduced me to the brioche buns from Aldi, it changes my life :D

Had trouble uploading the photos from my phone last night so here they are

https://us.v-cdn.net/6034073/uploads/attachments/672063/354340.jpg

https://us.v-cdn.net/6034073/uploads/attachments/672063/354341.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭dibkins

I made an asian pork salad. Nom

slack_for_ios_upload_1024.png

• Registered Users Posts: 21,464 ✭✭✭✭Alun

No pictures, but I barbecued one of Aldi's spatchcocked chickens they have on special at the moment for only €3, the Lemon and Pepper one. It was very nice, with a really pronounced lemony flavour. Unfortunately the weather didn't permit actually eating it outside though!

Garlic,ginger & soy spatchcocked chicken with roasted new potato cubes and home made coleslaw. I wanted to recreate a Crackbird meal and it was close enough :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

Cheese burger with sweet potato fries from Bunsen (in Dublin). Was *good*. I got solid amusement from my dinner companion thinking 'pshaw!' when I mentioned that the food is deceptively filling there and ordering himself a double cheeseburger. He was crippled after.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,724 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

The harissa roast lamb with tabouleh and courgettes. Lamb was slightly overcooked but still quite good. The tabouleh was fanforkingtastic.

354384.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement