Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'Here's what I had for dinner last night' thread - Part II - Don't quote pics!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,004 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Dahl, rice and grilled baby peppers.

7NVWHU.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭Moody_mona

Vegetable lasagne. Decided to try to make the top look pretty ;) yum, and loads left over for my lunches during the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Beefy soba broth with edamame, baby pak choi, mushroom and tofu puffs. Basically, a posh version of ramen.

Tasty, and enough left over for lunch

photo%202_zpsfjqarzgd.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭Mrs Fox

Chilli con carne, roasted sweet potato and mixed leaves.

IMG_20150706_194518_zpszhfjf6uq.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

Steak, baby potatoes, pepper sauce with whiskey and cream, and veg.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

Bit of a funny combo today. I had a baked potato which waa stuffed with cheese, ham and scallions. I also had mash, cabbage and gravy with it. It was lovely but I'm pretty hungry now.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,351 ✭✭✭katydid

Just back from Germany this morning. Last night I had roulade; beef cut very thinly, then beaten paper thin, and rolled swiss roll style around a filling. In this case seasoned cabbage. Gorgeous.

Any idea where one can get beef for roulade here? Ideally in the SE?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,467 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Alun wrote: »
    No pictures, but I barbecued one of Aldi's spatchcocked chickens they have on special at the moment for only €3, the Lemon and Pepper one. It was very nice, with a really pronounced lemony flavour. Unfortunately the weather didn't permit actually eating it outside though!

Had the garlic one this evening with crunchy potatoes, brocolli and sweetcorn. Really juicy chicken and great value.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭tickingclock

Moody_mona wrote: »
    Vegetable lasagne. Decided to try to make the top look pretty ;) yum, and loads left over for my lunches during the week.

The top looks very pretty and appetising!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

Feeling under the weather so wanted some comfort type food. We have curried chicken and butternut squash risotto, which tasted so good. Served with sugar snaps and tender stem broccoli

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭Moody_mona

Took inspiration from (stole) a lunch dish from Platform Pizza in Bray. Moroccan chicken burritos - harrissa chicken, rocket, couscous and garlic mayo. They use massive wraps, it was a bit harder with my little ones, but they were still nice!

Roast chicken in turmeric mix rub (got my paw on the wings first), slaw and mixed leaves.

IMG_20150707_184529_zpsjlkymcdq.jpg

Potato topped chicken and vegetable pie from leftover roast chicken and gravy.
    Twas only effing delicious.

5R2hRs.jpg

How did you do the potatoes? Riced them straight on top?

Mrs Fox wrote: »
    How did you do the potatoes? Riced them straight on top?

I rice them with milk, butter and seasoning, then rice the lot again onto the pie.
    A trick I picked up from someone here.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

That is a genius idea! Must do that some time.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,171 ✭✭✭limnam

Click the beer revolu, Add the beer revolu to your ignore list.

Sorry, I had to, Wife thinks I'm having an affair :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

Chicken wrapped in smoked ham and a quinoa salad thing (quinoa, coriander, chili, spinach, lime, chicken-y ham juices from roasting, red salsa). Was much tastier than it looks.

sc6jZu8.jpg

Plate of antipasti. Meats: bresola, parma ham, loma, chorizo. Cheeses: Doux de Montaigne, Jarlsberg, Cornish Cruncher. Bowl of olives and artichokes. Walnuts.

Had it straight after work, still stuffed.

photo%203_zps5xlhohlh.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

I made a greek pasta salad (I can't use the oven at the moment, it's too hot!) last night, it was lovely. My toddler and I had melon for afters, very refreshing. Unfortunately, someone rang me while I was eating the melon, and my son finished it before the call was over! He's a BIG fan of melon! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Kurumba

Cooking club kebabs again made with beef and pork mince. Delish!

001.JPG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭black_frosch

Chicken breast slices wrapped in rashers, fresh salad, fresh lime juice

imuhrb.jpg

zjbcyv.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Marinated chicken fillets with pepper/mushroom/onion/tomato goo and new potatoes.

29fxjy1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,467 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Went to The Independant Pizza Company in Drumcondra for a take away but ended up staying.

Excellent spicy chicken wings - huge portion for under a tenner - for starters.

Chinese Duck Pizza - really simple hoisin sauce base, sliced duck with chopped cashews on top and a sprinkling of julienned spring onion. Very good.

Kids reckoned mine are still better. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

Dinner tonight was roasted baby potatoes, roasted garlic chicken breasts and peas.

Tasty and filling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Had a rump steak and pasta smothered in butter, garlic powder and aromat seasoning
    yumm yumm
    my poor tormented dog was drooling for some, and he got the fat of the steak and was delighted

• Registered Users Posts: 22,772 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Roasted chicken breasts wrapped in bacon with a delicious salad of quinoa, pomegranate seeds, dried cranberries (?) & scallions. (Credit for the salad goes to Olive Deli in Skerries.)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,772 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Marinated chicken fillets with pepper/mushroom/onion/tomato goo and new potatoes.

29fxjy1.jpg

Abusing Mod privilege by quoting the pic ;)

DB - Has the beer revolu been giving you food photography lessons? :pac:

Chicken pie topped with sliced potatoes. The parents pronounced it 'fine', but I thought it was lovely.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

DB - Has the beer revolu been giving you food photography lessons? :pac:

Haha, I won't lie - my photographic skills are so bad I've been copying his style in an effort to do a better job :D
    They're still not great, but I think I see a slight improvement..... :P

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement