Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'Here's what I had for dinner last night' thread - Part II - Don't quote pics!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,004 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

*Blushes *

Stirfried vegetables (little bit of Chinese sausage) with fried tofu and jasmine rice.
    Onion, carrot, celery, Chinese sausage, spring onion whites, shiitake mushroom (dried), ginger, garlic, chillies, preserved black beans, pak choi, rice wine, chicken stock, soy sauce, fresh coriander, spring onion greens. Tofu coated in cornflour, potato flour, chilli flakes, S&P.

2v35tl4.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

Pork & noodles in a pork broth spiked with chili, soy, ginger & lime. Spinach, spring onions, green chili and coriander on top & under

CMSg73U.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭NOS3

Baked Cajun Chicken breasts with brown rice, grated carrot and cucumber. :pac:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,588 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

Bit of a fridge clear-out tonight...split a butternut squash in half, scooped out the seeds, topped with some garlic, chilli and seasoning, drizzled with olive oil and roasted for 50 minutes. Rump steak with onion and red wine gravy. Steamed purple sprouting broccoli. Pan fried baby new potatoes. Stuffed now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,467 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Lidl have cod fillets on special so I cut them up into chunks and after dipping in egg, coated them in linseed, sesame seeds, breadcrumbs and grated Parmesan. Fried them for a couple of minutes.

Couldn't think of what to serve them with so settled on curried cous cous with spinich, spring onions, red pepper and diced Feta.

Fish was delicious, cous cous meh......

FE66906C-4101-4C19-BC33-C4E682739538_zps54x32sfm.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

Tonight was lasagne, it was by far one of the nicest I've ever made! Went very light on the tomato sauce, very little white sauce on the first layer, loads on the top layer. Cooked it for 30 mins at 160 degrees so it melted more than anything and then fired it for 20 mins at 220 degrees before serving to crisp it. Clean plates all around

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭Mrs Fox

In the mood for Aldi curry sauce, so I got the tikka masala and added chicken and sauteed mushroom. Served with Jasmine rice (oh how I've missed the stickiness of you) and baby cucumber.

IMG_20150709_195446_zpssad0799k.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

@mrs fox, are the also jars nice? I've never tried them.

yellow hen wrote: »
    @mrs fox, are the also jars nice? I've never tried them.

I like Also's Rogan Josh :D
    Tikka Masala is nicer with prawns in my opinion.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

Last night we had steamed & then bbq'd baby new potatoes and ribeye steaks. Topped with loads and loads of fresh salsa verde. Cannot get enough of it. I'm going to be the most annoying pretentious whineyface ever when I have to go back to the tinned ones

uADBKnP.jpg
    7kwME8K.jpg

All this burger talk in C&R, I've just got to have one for my cheat meal. But my perfect plan backfired when I couldn't open the damn pickle jar. So I had to settle with Aldi's angus, melted goat's cheese, mayo, chipotle and basil, in brioche buns.

IMG_20150710_201241_zps4x7xv6f2.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Mrs Fox wrote: »
    All this burger talk in C&R, I've just got to have one for my cheat meal. But my perfect plan backfired when I couldn't open the damn pickle jar. So I had to settle with Aldi's angus, melted goat's cheese, mayo, chipotle and basil, in brioche buns.

:(
    Did you try giving the side of the lid a bang of the wooden spoon? That usually breaks the vacuum. Or gripping the lid with a dry rubber glove?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

Did you try giving the side of the lid a bang of the wooden spoon? That usually breaks the vacuum. Or gripping the lid with a dry rubber glove?

Running it under a warm tap usually works for me.......failing that, it's stabby-stab time at the lid to release the pressure :o
    For some reason it always happens me with jars of pickled red cabbage from Lidl.

Movie night with hot dogs and cheesy nachos......

9E51D69F-35A5-45D9-8941-3629BBBA423A_zpsxvso5sc5.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Yeah bash the lid off the counter top, that always works for me.

Kovu wrote: »
    Running it under a warm tap usually works for me.......failing that, it's stabby-stab time at the lid to release the pressure :o
    For some reason it always happens me with jars of pickled red cabbage from Lidl.

I had to eat the burger first for extra energy, then open the jar between my legs with all my might while screaming like I was in labour. I heard a pop and whoosh the water broke came out. Dessert was triplets of pickled gherkins.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Movie night with hot dogs and cheesy nachos......

Cheesy hot dog and nachos?

J Mysterio wrote: »
    Cheesy hot dog and nachos?

Ha! There was cheese on there, just not in that shot. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Fairly straight forward. Crispy skin salmon on a bed of crushed/smashed potato & sweet potato, scallion and a bit of lemon vinaigrette

A4NcfEY.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,808 ✭✭✭b.gud

Homemade burgers with gherkins, jalapeños and roasted peppers under the cheese served with shop bought crinkle cut chips and half an avocado.

https://us.v-cdn.net/6034073/uploads/attachments/672063/355034.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

Dinner tonight will be one of those spatchcock chickens from Aldi in the garlic and herb flavour. I will serve it with potatoes, veg and gravy, as usual.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,215 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

today was spicy chicken satay udon noodles

k3lyzc.jpg

yesterday was chilli nachos and garlic cheese bread

29cxx6c.jpg

Wanted to use lots of herbs from the garden so had:
    BBQ (gas) flat iron steak. Tabbouleh (flat leaf parsley and mint), tomato and broad bean salad (sweet marjoram and chives), couscous with lemon zest frash coriander and more parsley, grilled baby peppers. Very summery and tasty:D

Znq9EsW.jpg?1

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

Pan fried hake with a lime and dill butter cream sauce. Served with boiled and roasted baby potatoes and spring onions, buttered leaks and some steamed carrots. All in all a very tasty meal.

Wanted to use lots of herbs from the garden so had:
    BBQ (gas) flat iron steak. Tabbouleh (flat leaf parsley and mint), tomato and broad bean salad (sweet marjoram and chives), couscous with lemon zest frash coriander and more parsley, grilled baby peppers. Very summery and tasty:D

Holy shmoly! That plate must be bursting with flavour!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭tampopo

Okonomiyaki Saturday and Sunday. Rhubarb crumble on Friday and Saturday.

Grilled lamb leg steak, wilted spinach, petit pois, new potatoes.

IMG_20150713_202103_zpspuovgsel.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 656 ✭✭✭EITS

Aldis €3 steak, tenderstem brocolli and paprika potatoes

20150713_194902.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭Shenshen

Hot and sour broth with noodles, pak choi, red pepper, kale, carrots, inari tofu strips and some chopped spring onions

vo1ut1.jpg

Very, VERY tasty indeed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement