Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'Here's what I had for dinner last night' thread - Part II - Don't quote pics!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

Lidl flat iron steaks served with sweet potato, carrots and a pea and mint purée, delicious! The kids loved the dip (purée) for their carrot sticks :)

Quinoa Nasi Goreng. Extra spicey.

11825594_10153637461185984_5290290459873627515_n.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&oh=461e6cd939d5d268c91d9b9aa7ae59a1&oe=564E8954&__gda__=1447016541_c56c8687e80f01fd540f073cfd907f31

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭Mrs Fox

Lemon & pepper roast chicken, chickpea spinach & feta salad, and slaw.

IMG_20150811_190854_zpsipxnqjpz.jpg

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,092 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Dinner tonight was a lovely Thai coconut crab and prawn curry. Fab. Tried uploading a pic, but pix.ie is acting up on my tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭homemadecider

Shenshen wrote: »
    When you say he cooked it with goats cheese and eggs, does that mean he added those while the polenta was cooking? Would you be able to share the recipe?

He cooked the polenta on the stove in stock for about 5 mins til gloopy, then took it off the heat and slowly mixed in a beaten egg and some mashed goats cheese. Then just left it to set in a serving dish.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

2 ALDI home style burgers (super 6), vintage cheddar cheese, red onion, organic tomato ketchup, both on Brioche buns. Yumm

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Went to Bunsen for dinner tonight. Darn tasty burger and some lovely crispy chips.

photo_zpsodcb7kka.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 22,772 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Still home alone, had my main meal at lunchtime thinking that I'd settle for a couple of ham, cheese & tomato toasties in the evening as I was working late. Horrendous day - nothing went right. Quick pint after work - things improved slightly.

Got home, realised that I left my house keys in the office. Oh FFS! Eventually got hold of a neighbour who had a spare set.

Tired, very grumpy & hungry I set about making my toasties only to find that the damn bread had gone mouldy. Ffffuuuu.....!!!! :mad:

Found eggs! Ended up transforming my toastie ingredients into my first successful omelette. Happy days! :)

That would have ended with tears if it was me tHB :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭Shenshen

Cottage pie with lentils in place of mince. Turned out very moreish :)

2mfccuc.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Poor tHB, that's not good, hope the omelette was worth it

Made a huge batch of freezer dinner over the weekend, lasagna and Thai green chicken curry. Yumm Yumm

Also did the Sausage casserole last week soooooo good.

no pics cos everything was eaten or frozen quickly ;)

Forgot my breakfast and lunch this morning so had to go get a sausage breakfast roll instead. Salad for lunch or dinner to make up for that sin..

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭dibkins

Pasta with peas and creme frais.

slack_for_ios_upload_1024.jpg

That would have ended with tears if it was me tHB :)
    Tears and JustEat
    Shenshen wrote: »
    Cottage pie with lentils in place of mince. Turned out very moreish :)

That's a whopper of an idea. Definitely going to yoink that at some stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭Shenshen

kylith wrote: »

That's a whopper of an idea. Definitely going to yoink that at some stage.

Make sure to season it well. I simmered the lentils and veg with 2 bay leaves, then when they were soft I put in 1 heaped teaspoon of smoked paprika and 1 of normal paprika. Bit of tomato puree, and finally a tablespoon of veggie gravy granules (the guilty secret ingredient ;) )

With that and a bit of grated smoked cheese stirred through the mash, it had all the umami flavour you could ask for.

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭bigronnie9

kylith wrote: »
    Sure thing!

It's from http://www.halfbakedharvest.com/easy-healthier-crockpot-butter-chicken/ and there's a link to the naan recipe on that page too. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did :D

Kylith thanks a million for this, so easy and so good!

rushed home from work at lunchtime yesterday, threw everything into the slow cooker (only ingredients I had to buy were cream and chicken fillets!)

arrived home from work yesterday evening to an incredible smelling house and a delicious curry! herself devoured it as well, said it was nicer than the last time she had it in a restaurant. Used shop bought Naans but making my own is definitely on the cards next time... leftovers for dinner today, cant wait!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

dibkins wrote: »
    That's what I had too. It's our favourite summer dish, so moreish.

Did you use the Jamie Oliver recipe?

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭dibkins

BaZmO* wrote: »
    That's what I had too. It's our favourite summer dish, so moreish.

Did you use the Jamie Oliver recipe?

I have no idea! My sister makes it a lot, though with courgette strips in stead of peas. I use her recipe roughly, but it usually is just me throwing stuff in a pan^^

I need that pasta. Need it. Ohmigod.

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭NOS3

Made Bolognese with homemade tagliatelle. It was my first time making pasta and I'm really happy with how It turned out. :) No pics as the pasta was cut roughly and it wasn't pretty, but It was delicious :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭Mrs Fox

Duck breast with courgette and carrot 'noodles' goreng.

IMG_20150812_183824_zpsww8iulmw.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭black_frosch

Potatoes with mustard and line seeds, fresh garden herbs and a bit of cheese on top and fresh salad

vh95k1.jpg

9i8fwj.jpg

I forgot to take a photo, not that it was terribly photogenic anyway. I had baby potatoes and trout fried in butter with some toasted almonds.

It makes me kind of sad when I see people on telly faffing about with mad sauces for seafood when all it needs is a (un)healthy lump of butter in a frying pan.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

Dinner tonight is pasta bake, like what I made last week.

It was so yummy that I just had to make it again.:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

I was fishing for a couple of hours and was staaaarved when I came back .Quick and easy bowl of my favourite pasta while watching GBBO. Fusilli pasta, unsalted butter, grated cheese, some garlic powder, cherry tomatoes and olives. All mushed up together.

Followed by half a tub of Ben & Jerry's

:o:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

Slow cooker chilli, was nice but it sort of was missing a backbone and the heat/spicemix mellowed an awful lot during the cooking process. Still better than most chili bolognese's that I've gotten out in Dublin but v. much a work in progress.

5Satb0Y.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,351 ✭✭✭katydid

Slow cooker chilli, was nice but it sort of was missing a backbone and the heat/spicemix mellowed an awful lot during the cooking process. Still better than most chili bolognese's that I've gotten out in Dublin but v. much a work in progress.

I tend to avoid doing spicy things in the slow cooker for that reason. But I have read somewhere that if you add a bit more spice towards the end of the cooking process it give it the extra umphf.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

katydid wrote: »
    I tend to avoid doing spicy things in the slow cooker for that reason. But I have read somewhere that if you add a bit more spice towards the end of the cooking process it give it the extra umphf.

I think that's the way forward! Either just going back to cooking chili in a pot or preparing extra chilis & spice to add near the end. The slow cooked texture is great but it's crying for flavour. And there were 6 chilis of different varieties in it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,351 ✭✭✭katydid

We took advantage of the fine weather to bbq but I had nothing much available, or so I thought. In the end, I found some leek and cracked pepper sausages in the freezer, half a pack of halloumi, which I sliced and oiled, and a couple of rounds of chorizo and black pudding. I had bought a packet of garlic and herb marinated spuds in Supervalu for €2, which I baked in the oven. For 50 minutes, not the recommended 20 it said on the packet...)

Stuffed...

Chicken noodle soup. Broccoli, baby corn, pak choi.

photo%201_zpsta74iogw.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,588 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

Freezer dinner tonight, a mish mash of beige food. Vegetable fingers, chicken burger, wedges, hash brown. With 'burger sauce' dear me. Had an apple* after for vitaminz.

*2 ginger nut biscuits

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement