Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'Here's what I had for dinner last night' thread - Part II - Don't quote pics!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭dibkins

Lasagna!

slack_for_ios_upload_1024.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Frankenchicken

2h4gxeg.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭Mrs Fox

^^^^^What the.....?

Tonight was rare flat iron that was a little sinewy, chips, sauteed onion & mushroom, fried egg and greens.

IMG_20150901_191452_zpsvibqgm03.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,263 ✭✭✭Gongoozler

Had a stir fry again with roasted veg, and with free range chicken. The chicken was the chewiest piece of food I've ever had in my life. Couldn't even finish it :( thanks Dunnes, I want my fiver back

Mrs Fox wrote: »
    ^^^^^What the.....?

My mother in law gave it to me, all breast meat with stuffing. I didn't question it as I was always taught not to look a gift frankenchicken in the beak

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

2 angus burgers, beans, and fried spuds. Hit the spot very nicely.

photo_zps7ek9dcfs.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭iwantmydinner

Aldi Angus burgers in lightly toasted brioche buns, with lettuce, cheddar, crispy fried onions, cherry tomatoes, and Marie Rose sauce. Three happy bellies here now.

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭Applause

Simple chicken leg
    "Lazy rice"
    Veggie mix from the freezer, fridge is broken so got stuck with this. :/

8a57445fa3.jpg

Panfried trout, steamed mixed veg, chunky chips

photo%201_zpsigt63cdi.jpg

Lidl's duck leg confit, sweet potato wedges, steamed green beans.

IMG_20150902_190131_zpswh0egchf.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Cottage pie with cheesy potato topping - comfort food season has begun :)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Cottage pie with cheesy potato topping - comfort food season has begun :)

Oh yes !! Spag Bol here !

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Not G.R

Girlfriend had a bad day at work so had to put a smile back on her face; Pan fried Sea Bream with crushed new potatoes, Scollops and a lemon and dill vinegarette. Leafy green salad not in pic. :P

http://i.imgur.com/51lYW1k.jpg

Roast chicken sandwich with batch bread, butter and cheese and onion crisps. Treating myself tonight :pac:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,588 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

Dolbert wrote: »
    Roast chicken sandwich with batch bread, butter and cheese and onion crisps. Treating myself tonight :pac:

YUM

• Registered Users Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭Zelda247

Those wedges look delicious... can you tell me how you cooked please?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

On Tuesday I made Lasagna and yesterday, I made a spinach and brandade tart.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,003 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

]

Is there some sneaky mashed potato hiding under the duck leg?

Zelda247 wrote: »
    Those wedges look delicious... can you tell me how you cooked please?

Preheat oven 200℃. Cut sweet potato into wedges with skin on. Coat with a tbsp of coconut oil, melted. Place on baking tray skin side down and bake for 25 min.

Is there some sneaky mashed potato hiding under the duck leg?

There sure was for Mr Fox's plate. Leftover mash from kids' lunch. He also had baked beans on the side because "this duck leg is too skinny" to fill him up.

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭dibkins

Last night i made gluten free cheese and spinach muffins. I have never baked gluten free before. It was evident in the result:( They were basically rocks with a raw interior.

I ate some chorizo salad.

• Advertisement

Beef cheeks stewed with tomatoes, wine and herbs served with brown rice and gremolata.

8AwbOUC.jpg

Fried lamb leg steaks, tagliatelle with tomato and red pepper sauce, fried courgette and gremolata.

nxtAa1e.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

Last night was fusilli with a super reduced down vampire-murderingly-garlicky tomato sauce, smoked ham, artichokes, mini mozzarella balls and black olives.

nN273MQ.jpg

On Sunday we had home made breadrolls filled with meatballs and cheese.

TJFAPps.jpg?1

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

We went to Milano's in Dundrum last night, after my sister's graduation. I was so disappointed :(

I had Risotto with ham hock, peas and mint. It had absolutely no flavour and the portion was so small, I had it eaten in about 2 minutes.

My sister had Lasagna which was tasty enough. My mum had some pesto dish, and again it was so bland.

I would have been better off with a McDonalds!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭homemadecider

Tonight we had salmon fillets with garlicky-basil butter wrapped in streaky bacon. They were roasted in the oven for 20 mins and came out just right.

3VimMQj.jpg?1

• Registered Users Posts: 8,467 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Fish bites (chowder mix in breadcrumbs) with roasted chips and tarter sauce (with added garlic).

7DBD1BA4-1A84-4AFB-B0BA-DDFEE2ADE032_zpsmrngbutd.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,351 ✭✭✭katydid

Fish bites (chowder mix in breadcrumbs) with roasted chips and tarter sauce (with added garlic).

Did you deep fry or bake the bites? They look yummy, but I don't have a deep fat fryer, and have tried to avoid buying one. Too tempting.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,467 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

katydid wrote: »
    Did you deep fry or bake the bites? They look yummy, but I don't have a deep fat fryer, and have tried to avoid buying one. Too tempting.

Deep fry. I just use a wok and slotted spoon. I chuck the waste oil in the compost bin.

Some very bland Aldi tortellini with a quite nice Aldi tomato and mascapone sauce.

• Advertisement

A big bowl of Green Saffron dhal with rice. Really good.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement