Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'Here's what I had for dinner last night' thread - Part II - Don't quote pics!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Minder

Tonight I made a simple dish of kimchi fried rice with a fried egg. Recipe from my newest purchase - Our Korean Kitchen by Jordan Bourke and Rejina Pyo. I haven't stopped reading it since the postman delivered it at 11 o clock this morning.

GFvaZmWm.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭dibkins

Chicken stuffed with chorizo. nomnomnom.

slack_for_ios_upload_1024.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Chorizo and rabbit stew with new potatoes, tomatoes and a hell of a lot of smoked paprika

2wn9pqs.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭iwantmydinner

Immediately when I got home from work yesterday evening I put on a big pot of chilli, using beef mince, a packet of Aldi chilli spice mix, and a bunch of other seasonings that I have knocking about. Left it simmer for probably a good 2.5 hours, maybe a wee bit longer. Oh dear god it was delicious. I'll never make a quick chilli again!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

I always simmer my chilli for at least a couple of hours, same with the meat sauce for lasagna. It makes a huge difference.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭Custardpi

If you have any left it will be even better the next time you eat it. Time really enhances the flavour of a good chillii.

Loads left \o/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭homemadecider

Having friends around for a casual dinner party tonight - we're doing a buffet table and the star of the show is Sparks' pulled pork. 4kg of pork shoulder braised for 20 hours in the oven at 125 degrees.

It shredded beautifully.

NV9bkIv.jpg?1

My hand for scale... LOTS OF MEAT. (I am almost ashamed to say there's only 8 of us having dinner!!)

om6iGmO.jpg?1

Just finished setting up... here's our buffet table. Still to be added is brioche burger buns and 3 diff types of BBQ sauce from the States.

cOdlRnN.jpg?1

I made my favourite french-style potato salad as a side... it takes forever to make but it's worth it for a treat.

R61o7ao.jpg?1

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

There's definitely enough there for a few boardsies...

• Advertisement

Leftovers from yesterday. Roast chicken with chorizo, rice, rocket and some beetroot relish, and a yoghurt, chilli, lime dressing. Nomnom.

slack_for_ios_upload_1024.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

om nom nom

Missus. I love your serving dishes, the silvery ones with the handles. Where'd you acquire them from?

The rest looks amazing too. But I like a bit of serving dish.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭Mrs Fox

Minder wrote: »
    Tonight I made a simple dish of kimchi fried rice with a fried egg. Recipe from my newest purchase - Our Korean Kitchen by Jordan Bourke and Rejina Pyo. I haven't stopped reading it since the postman delivered it at 11 o clock this morning.

Read about them in yesterday's Times. I shall be making the seafood pancake with dipping sauce very very soon!

IMG_20150906_094355_zpsu7rhrjf2.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭Riverireland

KatW4 wrote: »
    We went to Milano's in Dundrum last night, after my sister's graduation. I was so disappointed :(

I had Risotto with ham hock, peas and mint. It had absolutely no flavour and the portion was so small, I had it eaten in about 2 minutes.

My sister had Lasagna which was tasty enough. My mum had some pesto dish, and again it was so bland.

I would have been better off with a McDonalds!

I've always had that experience in Milanos, don't know why it's so popular.

Ate in the Good World on George's street last night. disappointing at best. Back to Thai and Indian for us, is there even 1 good Chinese in Dublin these days? All I want is good quality ingredients freshly cooked.

Missus. I love your serving dishes, the silvery ones with the handles. Where'd you acquire them from?

I bought them when I lived in India. One is a cooking pot for use over a gas flame. If you're ever knocking about Bhubaneswar in Orissa, go to the evening market near Ekamra Kanan, it's jammers with gorgeous serving dishes :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,464 ✭✭✭✭Alun

I bought them when I lived in India. One is a cooking pot for use over a gas flame. If you're ever knocking about Bhubaneswar in Orissa, go to the evening market near Ekamra Kanan, it's jammers with gorgeous serving dishes :)
    I've got a set of Indian serving dishes and plates just like those plus some little containers for serving chutneys etc. in that my in-laws gave me for Christmas one year, and that was bought in the UK, so there's probably no need to go quite that far for them :D

The dishes are usually known in the UK as Balti dishes ...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/STAINLESS-STEEL-17CM-BALTI-DISHES/dp/B008GDEHYS

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭foodaholic

Aldi or lidl do them occasionally too

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭Mrs Fox

Autumn comfort. Shepherd's pie, slaw, tomatoes. I can't believe I forgot the peas :(

IMG_20150906_183933_zpslpbz7dta.jpg

Last night I had wine, beer, and an ill-judged Long Island ice tea for dinner. Tonight we're treating ourselves to takeaway from Cafe Oasis in Smithfield. Falafel, flatbread and baba ganoush for me, dirty kebab for himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

I saw some of those serving dishes in TK Maxx recently. All were less than €10 each too.

Dinner last night was a disappointing, didn't-go-to-plan cottage pie.

Dinner tonight is roast chicken breasts on the bone and boiled new potatoes.

I forgot to do the veg shopping so we'll have tinned peas if there is anyway.

Roast chicken dinner just ain't the same with carrots and broccoli :(:o

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Mr. Dizzy made chicken Bhuna from The Curry Secret today, it was delicious!

2rxcvsx.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Mrs Fox wrote: »
    I forgot the peas :(
    This post has been reported.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,003 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Saturday: Pan fried fragrant spiced duck breasts with a rhubarb, ginger and soy sauce. Stirfried choi sam. Fragrant Thai rice.

aotWXZd.jpg

Last night we had a family roast to celebrate my parent's 60th wedding anniversary.
    Roast rib of beef on the bone; roast carrots, parsnips, shallots, garlic and potatoes; carrot and parsnip mash; cauliflower cheese; green beans; baked potatoes and gravy.

Ooooh, i have duck planned for this week, methinks i'll be following your example!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,215 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

you can get them in dealz ,ive about 10 .. 2 different ones

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

Duck again tonight, served with mash, carrots and sugarsnaps

No picture, the kids weren't willing to wait!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 656 ✭✭✭EITS

Duck aswell, was a little too underdone for my liking. Love steak medium-medium rare but can never seem to stomach anything close to that with duck, anyone the same?

20150907_200315.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,351 ✭✭✭katydid

EITS wrote: »
    Duck aswell, was a little too underdone for my liking. Love steak medium-medium rare but can never seem to stomach anything close to that with duck, anyone the same?
    Me too, turns my stomach.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,003 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

katydid wrote: »
    Me too, turns my stomach.

I way, way, way prefer my duck breast cooked rare to medium rare than medium.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭Custardpi

<yoink>

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement