Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'Here's what I had for dinner last night' thread - Part II - Don't quote pics!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭iwantmydinner

Washed down with a surprise bottle of Veuve Clicquot :D

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭jmauel

I never remember to take pics! Last night we had Bagna Cauda to start with a selection of fresh vegetable crudites. Then we had a prosecco & scallop risotto washed down with a gruner veltiner..very yum. Our guest brought dessert, sponge cake with cream & fruit. Going to have to do serious workout to shift those calories. worth it though

• Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

Dinner was amazing last night. Steak, creamy mash, scallion and mushroom with pepper sauce. It really was a treat and a half.

5QKyiZ.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭misslt

Mashed potatoes and a steak and red wine pie here.

Sadly my pastry was too thin and collapsed, but it was still tasty!

Tonight is homemade burgers and chips with chicken salt :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

I had the cooking club chilli beef noodles and it was gorgeous

EC35B31D-5DA5-44C6-A46D-5E118C284A19_zpspkf9bm5x.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭Mrs Fox

Tonight was a steaming bowl of Tom Yam Nam Khon, perfect for this weather.

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭Dr.MickKiller

Black bean and spinach enchiladas

292937.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭Pang

Tiger prawns and chicken wrapped in filo pastry and pad thai. Love Thai food!

An actual mountain of calamari in H bar. Y.U.M.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,382 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Kir Royal
    Caviar
    Saucisson
    Olive pate
    Terrine de courgettes
    Beef bourguignon
    Wine
    Fromage
    Poires au vin
    Galette
    Ice cream pudding
    Chocolate
    Champagne
    Orange wine

:o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,427 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Kir Royal
    Caviar
    Saucisson
    Olive pate
    Terrine de courgettes
    Beef bourguignon
    Wine
    Fromage
    Poires au vin
    Galette
    Ice cream pudding
    Chocolate
    Champagne
    Orange wine

:o

How's your head today? ;)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,382 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

No hangover. :)

Just finished a big bowl of buffalo wings thanks to InExile's recipe, homemade chips and garlic mushroom bruschetta.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Currently waiting on my dinner to finish cooking.
    Really shouldn't be looking at the menu for Just Wing It (just opened in Tallaght).
    Bloody dribblin' here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

A kebab:o as I've been sick and not able to eat for over a week and been craving one!
    Anyone know what this place is like? http://www.soho.ie/levelTwo.php
    Himself has us booked in for next week.

Oh and if I should ask that in the chat thread I'll move it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭fiddlechic

Roast venison with blackberry sauce. Celeriac and potato mash. Brussels Sprouts stirfried with chilli. Roast carrots and parsnips. Pan fried courgettes.
    Then apple strudel for dessert with whiskey cream.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭PigeonPie

Last night had chicken and chickpea curry followed by snow cones made by my 6 year old. This evening had Sparks pulled pork on crusty bread and it was gorgeous. Contemplating going into the kitchen and making a third sambo. Few glasses of prosecco for dessert.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭PigeonPie

fiddlechic wrote: »
    Roast venison with blackberry sauce. Celeriac and potato mash. Brussels Sprouts stirfried with chilli. Roast carrots and parsnips. Pan fried courgettes.
    Then apple strudel for dessert with whiskey cream.

Even though I'm stuffed, reading your post is making me hungry again. Sounds divine. And god I'd love some apple strudel right now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

Last night I had scampi, chips & tartare sauce in SMS Cervi (the chipper part of Super Miss Sue, a fish restaurant in Dublin owned by the same chaps who run Dillingers & 777)

Oh good gosh. Best chips ever. Really good. Burnt my mouth a lot scarfing them back while they were still incredibly hot. Not much more expensive than a normal chipper either considering how expensive fish can be. Also when you're in the chipper you can see the cafe orders going out. The lobster, in particular, made me want to lean over the little velvet rope keeping me away from it and snatch it off the plate and run away

1836187e-aa78-4769-9a72-36d530325a6e_zps1cc92454.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

Went to L Mulligan Grocer this afternoon.

Roast Beef with the trimmings for me and Chicken Kiev for herself.

293049.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭Loire

Sat night: Venison with wine & port reduction, served on Ballycotton new potatoes (mashed) and roasted carrots.
    Last night: Chicken liver & mushroom pate to start and roast chicken mains - chicken was excellent - from the English Market and really juicy. Made roast potatoes and fried them off in the fat from the chicken for the 2 minutes with rosemary from the garden. It took us both nights to go through the Bordeaux we had with the meals.

@MissF,

That's some lobster drool I have on me now!!!!

Loire.

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,798 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

Paella!

paella.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭tmc86

.Kovu. wrote: »
    A kebab:o as I've been sick and not able to eat for over a week and been craving one!
    Anyone know what this place is like? http://www.soho.ie/levelTwo.php
    Himself has us booked in for next week.

Oh and if I should ask that in the chat thread I'll move it :D

For V Day I presume? If so there might be better (food) options if you can get a booking still.

Although I've eaten there a good few times I'm just not a fan of their food. It's not bad but its not great either. The steak on the rocks are good as are their burgers so basically menu options which aren't very difficult to do or don't require unique ingredients.

Saying that, it's always quite busy and I've friends that would go there often and its a good spot for a meal and some drinks as it's a nice atmosphere.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭tmc86

Because I've given out about potentially tasting mould and that could all be in my head (we won't talk about the day I called a waitress over in hysterics because I thought I saw mould on my raspberry cheesecake and learned that the reason raspberry things are often coloured blue is because raspberry juice can look blue) I won't name the restaurant but if anyone wants a recommendation of where to really, really not go if you want nice Mexican food in Dublin pm me. Bleuuuurgh.

You should reincarnate your tastebuds with a visit to 777 on Georges Street!

Oh and after being away for the weekend I made a quick dinner last night of chilli and garlic king prawns in a passata and red onion sauce & parmesean. Served with the remainder of the quinoa spagehetti which is now sadly all gone.

Wolfed it down before I could take a picture.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,939 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Loire wrote: »
    Ballycotton new potatoes (mashed) .

In February?

In February?

I know, that's what I was thinking too when I saw the sign (Super Fruit in the English Market) :confused:. They were divine in any case :)

Delicious goulash from the cooking club.

My frozen scallops, fried in the fat from my chorizo as suggested in the chat thread, were beautiful. I served them on chorizo-y couscous with a few cheeky asparagus spears. Thoroughly lovely.

Sidebar: I found it hard to know when the scallops were done, so just cheated and sliced into 'em to check. Any tips for knowing when they're done? I like them fully opaque.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

I picked up a couple of beef cheeks on an absolute whim and because I had a half day today I made barbacoa, served with esquites, salsa & soft tacos. Barbacoa could have done with a little more time in the oven to be very honest (bless me father, for I have sinned, I was too hungry to wait the requisite amount of time for my dinner to be done), it was still lovely and unctuous but it wasn't at optimum falling apart levels. The esquites however <makes scary, predatory, back of throat growling noise), corn that had caught slightly on a very hot pan mixed with feta, parmesan (not exactly esquites kosher but I wanted mine very cheesy), coriander, cream, chili & lime. SO good. I'll be eating it by the carbiner full for the forseeable

99d71dfc-9414-40d3-9349-5695c3339f8a_zps21e87999.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement