Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'Here's what I had for dinner last night' thread - Part II - Don't quote pics!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Quiche Lorraine

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Everything Quiche. Broccoli, asparagus, scallion, bacon, and mushroom.

photo_zpsrphczh12.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭dibkins

Half eaten flatiorn with rice and garlicky winey broccoli!

slack_for_ios_upload_720.jpg

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,588 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

dibkins wrote: »
    Half eaten flatiorn with rice and garlicky winey broccoli!

Yowsers that steak looks mighty.

We had vegetable and lentil soup tonight. It was a bit sweet, eurgh. I hate when that happens.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Mrs brinty did steak sarnie last night with wedges.
    We're in an emptying the freezer mode and we'd a couple of hanger steaks (get them if you've never had some) in there. You'd only need one hanger for 2 people.
    She cut them up into small pieces (the tough white stuff went to the very happy dog) and did them for about 2 minutes on the pan (any longer and they'd be tough as old boots) and also fried of some spring onions and mushrooms. Melted some butter on a ciabata, put the steak, spring onions and mushrooms on top, melted some cheese over it, bit of rocket and garlic mayo... yumm yumm yumm yumm
    Very happy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭Mrs Fox

Duck leg salad.

IMG_20150915_185103_zpsvup77zu9.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

Chicken and chickpea stew with roast baby potatoes

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,351 ✭✭✭katydid

Crepes filled with a sauce made from mushrooms, onions, chopped up Nuremberg sausage, whole grain mustard, wine and cream. It was supposed to have bacon, but I opened a pack bought at a farmer's market a few weeks ago, and the bacon was rank. Hence the Nuremberg sausage...

Very nice, not worth a picture. Crepes aren't that photogenic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Smidge

Dinner was lamb kofta skewers with pitta, salads and garlic and a spicy tomato-y sauce. Served with Indian style potatoes(baby boilers cooked then cooled, Flash fried with garlic, tumeric, s+p, cumin, paprika, cardamom and fresh coriander.
    I didnt have it as I'm not crazy about Indian food but the vultures said it was lovely :)

Chicken casserole, very nice for a miserable day.

• Advertisement

Ham, egg and chips in honour of Wetherspoons opening here. Not that i'll ever be in there.

slack_for_ios_upload_720.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

Macaroni & Cheese (cheddar, gruyere, parmesan). Those blackened flecks in the parmesan crumb topping are not burnt bread, oh no, they are little tiny cubes of chorizo. Eaten with lots of Franks hot sauce and a bit of guilty green stuff on the side to try and negate the absolute hape of cheese on the plate.

UXlIbUn.jpg?1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭nompere

Macaroni & Cheese (cheddar, gruyere, parmesan). Those blackened flecks in the parmesan crumb topping are not burnt bread, oh no, they are little tiny cubes of chorizo. Eaten with lots of Franks hot sauce and a bit of guilty green stuff on the side to try and negate the absolute hape of cheese on the plate.

That's brave - admitting to using chorizo. You'll have the authenticity police after you!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,351 ✭✭✭katydid

nompere wrote: »
    That's brave - admitting to using chorizo. You'll have the authenticity police after you!

As long as she's not making paella, it's ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭nompere

katydid wrote: »
    As long as she's not making paella, it's ok.

Or carbonara!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,464 ✭✭✭✭Alun

nompere wrote: »
    It's OK, it's a well known fact that the Macaroni Cheese recipe police are much easier going than their Paella counterparts :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Alun wrote: »
    It's OK, it's a well known fact that the Macaroni Cheese recipe police are much easier going than their Paella counterparts :D

Crap that's dinner for the next two nights

Y'all better direct me to the appropriate form of Macaroni cheese and Paella recipes

I can't be dealing with the recipe police on my ass

I've ordered a Chinese.

If we're gonna give out prizes for inauthentic dinners, I'll be waiting to collect mine. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

What did you order? I'd love a Chinese. Our typical order is spring rolls, dry veg chow mein, chips, sweet & sour sauce. Carbalicious

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

A McMór burger from McDonalds - it was surprisingly tasty and filling! Possibly because I haven't had McDonald's in ages but I really enjoyed it

• Advertisement

Whispered wrote: »
    What did you order? I'd love a Chinese. Our typical order is spring rolls, dry veg chow mein, chips, sweet & sour sauce. Carbalicious

We ordered a 1/4 crispy duck with plum sauce, cucumber and pancakes, a chicken curry with fried rice, and shredded honey chilli chicken with chips, between two of us.

Nom. Leftovers for lunch tomorrow. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭Mrs Fox

Carrot 'noodles' goreng.

IMG_20150917_194814_zpszany0v76.jpg

slack_for_ios_upload_1024.jpg

Chickpea and spinach curry.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,003 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Mrs Fox wrote: »
    Carrot 'noodles' goreng.

The apostrophes save you from the 'police' :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭Zelda247

I had that wonderful Fruity Lamb Tagine... its to die for, had it with rice. I do it in the slow cooker.

Had shepherd's pie from Sunday's leftover roast lamb on Monday.
    Then had another one on Wednesday:D
    Still one in the freezer (it's a bit shy on potato because you never, ever have enough potato to top all your pies:mad:)

dR1vf7O.jpg

RlsuQ8D.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭snowgal

The beer revolu, Im the opposite! Hate too much potatoe, just give me loads and loads of filling and a little bit of that!

snowgal wrote: »
    The beer revolu, Im the opposite! Hate too much potatoe, just give me loads and loads of filling and a little bit of that!

There is a balance.
    The one in my freezer has almost none because I didn't put on enough spuds.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

Fish pie and mixed leaf salad

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement