Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'Here's what I had for dinner last night' thread - Part II - Don't quote pics!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭dibkins

Yesterday I had visitors so i made chicken stuffed with chorizo, broccoli with wine and garlic, roasted tomatoes and brown rice.

Today, fried rice. Nom.

slack_for_ios_upload_720.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Sea Bream from Aldi, not too bad, queens, carrots, long stem broccoli and garden peas.

Had a hb raspberry ripple wafer then !! Nice

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

Dibkins, that looks beautiful. My fried rice is always very meh. Do you mind me asking what you did?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Fried egg, smoked bacon medallions, salt & pepper roasted baby potatoes and petit pois followed by a lovely caramel latte

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,588 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

Anniversary dinner. :) Fillet steak medium rare, with a creamy mushroom sauce. Roasted cubed potatoes with garlic and rosemary, and roasted mixed baby tomatoes with olive oil and balsamic vinegar on top of a nice crisp salad.

A nice chilled NZ sauvignon blanc on the side, and a vanilla cheesecake for dessert, with cream and raspberries.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,351 ✭✭✭katydid

Sausage casserole, with a sauce made from onions, apples, mustard, white wine and chicken stock. Yum

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,363 ✭✭✭KingBrian2

Boiled Potatoes, Carrots, Broccoli, Cauliflower and Lamb shops with gravy.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Was in whitefriars on a night out tonight.

Deep fried brie, followed by a ten ounce striploin

Heavenly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Fried chicken coated in spiced breadcrumbs with rustic chips and garlic and chilli mayo. Snack box. I had a snack box.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Stew yesterday. Was lovely and comforting as I have a terrible cold.
    Sorry no pics but tonight I'm making lasagne so I'll be sure to put up some pics!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,704 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Steak sambos with blue cheese butter and balsamic caramelised onions. Perfick Friday night grub.

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭jmauel

a selection of small plates at Cava Bodega in Galway for an early dinner. Then home to make a tart tatin from some apples we were given

12045691_10153260484051634_7269869424886104818_o.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

Lidl pork, roast baby potatoes, butternut squash and mushrooms. A big dollop of taziki, loving it!

fussyonion wrote: »
    Stew yesterday. Was lovely and comforting as I have a terrible cold.
    Sorry no pics but tonight I'm making lasagne so I'll be sure to put up some pics!

I also had a bad cold, getting better now hope you get well soon.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭homemadecider

Tonight we had a disappointing dinner of jerk chicken drumsticks and sweet potato chips. Nothing inherently wrong with anything, but the whole meal was just 'meh'.

To compensate, I will be making this tomorrow: http://smittenkitchen.com/blog/2015/03/cornmeal-fried-pork-chops-goat-cheese-smashed-potatoes/

I've just bashed the pork chops and put them in buttermilk until tomorrow. Lidl had 4 pork chops for €3 so we'll get 2 nights dinners on the cheap!

Lasagne with salad:

34q1csk.jpg

Really tasty, but it ALWAYS arrives on the plate looking all messy (the pic I took here is my other half's portion, I always give him the nice-looking one!).
    Anyway, it was lovely and perfect for my treat day...back to the gym in the morning :)

Lasagne with salad:

Really tasty, but it ALWAYS arrives on the plate looking all messy (the pic I took here is my other half's portion, I always give him the nice-looking one!).
    Anyway, it was lovely and perfect for my treat day...back to the gym in the morning :)

Have you got over your cold?

KingBrian2 wrote: »
    Have you got over your cold?

I have! I woke up this morning and it was gone. Feel great now :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,588 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

Tonight we had a rich chilli con carne, packed full of beans, spices and red wine. I have officially decided never to use chopped tomatoes in chilli again. It is just so much better without them. Tonight's was so good and savoury, with tortilla breads, sour cream and cheese. Nom.

I have! I woke up this morning and it was gone. Feel great now :)

Great the same for me.:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭NOS3

The cooking club's creamy bacon and pea pasta. :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,351 ✭✭✭katydid

Salmon and wild garlic pesto gnocchi. After boiling the gnocchi, they were fried up in the pan with salmon and home made wild garlic pesto. Parmesan on top.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

Decided on pizza in front of tv so we could watch the game. Put ingredients in bread maker, came back 45 mins later to dough soup :( It's gluten free and I added too much water

So I missed the first half to remake the dough by hand, which turned out really well

We had 1) ham, pineapple and black olive (for kids), 2) chicken, pepper, onion and pineapple and 3) BBQ with Cajun chicken, peppers and onions

• Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭gjc

Oven chips... I'm on strike today😑

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

On Friday I finished up my job and the-other-side-of-the-table and I went out to celebrate - I had stuffed courgette blossoms, truffled ravioli (if you like a heart attack pasta dish and have not yet had this and you are in Dublin then you should hit up Bar Italia, stat) AND we split 2 bottles of a really nice red (Negroamaro was the grape, I am too daft to figure if that's the type of wine as well, it was aces) AND I had an affogato with roughly a pint of Italian brandy over it. I'd recommend the pasta and advise caution with the red wine binge. Because on Saturday we were slightly rough. Just a little. So we went to The Ugly Duckling and murdered 2 Southern Fried Chicken, Cheese and Gravy burgers.

gbcCQqq.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭homemadecider

Polenta-crusted pork chops which I fried in hot vegetable oil for about 10 mins, served with roughly mashed potatoes mixed with goats cheese and butter. Absolutely delicious, we will be making this again.

86nSjfl.jpg?1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭Tarzana2

Lasagne with salad:

Looks alright to me, proper lasagna is is supposed to be all sloppy. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭Shenshen

Saturday we had hidden-vegetables-in-tomato-sauce lasagne (because my OH is very much a big child when it comes to vegetables), with chips - he insisted.

6f5z4j.jpg

It tasted better than it looks, honestly!

And today I had my idea of heaven on a plate - forest mushrooms in creamy sauce with herb and bread dumplings.

2cfwsr8.jpg

Just like gran makes it. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

That looks amazing. I'd love a recipe for the mushroom dumpling dish if you don't mind.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭Custardpi

Covered a pork chop in a coating made from crème fraîche, wholegrain mustard, crushed crackers & a little lime juice. Baked it in the oven along with some baby roast potatoes & red onion. Forgot to take a pic (it wasn't that photogenic anyway) but it tasted amazing.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement