Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'Here's what I had for dinner last night' thread - Part II - Don't quote pics!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,464 ✭✭✭✭Alun

What type of spuds are they? I prefer using Queens when in seasn for making wedges & roasties too.
    Lidl's Organic potatoes are pretty much a different variety every week, but they generally tend towards the waxy / non floury end of the spectrum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭Tarzana2

Any chance the Gregan Castle photos can be resized? It's really hard to take them in when they're so massive.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Lidl flatiron steak, creamed spinach, steamed potatoes and pepper sauce - it was lovely

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

p-sketti bolognese (or linguine meat sauce stuff, technically) and a glass of battery acid red wine. Lots left for tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭Mrs Fox

p-sketti bolognese

That's exactly how my 4-year-old pronounces it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭pew

Poverty week day 3.

Broccoli and potato cakes with meatballs mushrooms onion and gravy.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,772 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Grilled lamb chops, buttery spuds, & mashed turnip & carrots (fresh from the field courtesy of a generous neighbour). :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭Shenshen

Frittata with sweet potato, sundried tomatoes and feta cheese.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,704 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Third night of the beef Florentine. Thank God for American recipes and their crazy portion estimates.

Serves 4 'Murricans = 6 generous Irish portions.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Dial Hard wrote: »
    Third night of the beef Florentine. Thank God for American recipes and their crazy portion estimates.

Serves 4 'Murricans = 6 generous Irish portions.

Could you link your recipe please? Sounds right up my street

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

p-sketti bolognese (or linguine meat sauce stuff, technically) and a glass of battery acid red wine. Lots left for tomorrow.

You got me longing, and I hadn't made bolognese in ages.

6yfnuo.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

I had bolognese tonight too! Made a mountain of it so there's enough for tomorrow, the baby can even have some :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭Avada

I also had bolognese :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

Absolutely crappy image, but home made bacon double cheese burger

365629.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 15,957 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Lazy lazy me.

Too tired and too hungry to wait for anything. Beans on wholemeal toast with mature cheddar grated on top.

It really hit the spot. Is there anything more comforting and quick!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭TeletextPear

Spent the evening in the kitchen, shepherd's pie followed by lemon drizzle cake. And plenty of both left for tomorrow's dinner :)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Had shep pie too. No dessert though :-(

It takes a long time to make shep pie !

• Registered Users Posts: 15,957 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

vicwatson wrote: »

Yes there is a lot of prep and cooking for shep and cottage pies. But they are two of my favourite comfort foods.

I usually batch cook a big pot of the meat bit, then freeze in portions. Cook the spuds separately on the night to top the defrosted bits. I must do that Saturday!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭TeletextPear

vicwatson wrote: »

I somehow managed to use every pot in the house making it, so much washing up!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

The Goran Ivanosevic (salami, jalapenos, rocket, nixed the red pepper because I don't like it on pizza) and a pint of Rain Czech in our local, awesome pizza/sports bar. Across the table had the Conor McGregor (pepperoni & chorizo) and some cidery thing. So, so, so good. The Back Page is *well* worth a gander for those of you who are about Dublin's north side

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,215 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

had planned on a thai red butternut squash soup but didnt have enough red paste,had plenty of madras paste so made a butternut squash madras soup, served with a drizzle of coconut cream .. totally delicious ..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭Mrs Fox

Duck and sweetheart cabbage. Simple, yet satisfying.

IMG_20151016_174418_zps6djj3zjj.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭Moody_mona

Love The Back Page Miss F, they do a goats cheese and caramelised walnut pizza that's unreal! They're doing a remake of the bar from It's Always Sunny for Halloween :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 183 ✭✭AmyPL

Last night I had BBQ Chicken Chilli. I'm loving shredded chicken at the moment :) and this was perfect comfort food, with a dollop of greek yogurt and some shredded cheese. Will definitely make it again!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,588 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

We had burgers and chips.

We've been dreaming recently of Eddie Rockets burgers, so I made a stab at the atomic burger tonight. Home made patties of organic beef, fried, topped with melted cheese, homemade spicy chili con carne, jalapeños and all the usual burger accompaniments, in a toasted brioche bun, with Aldi's specially selected frozen chips which as a once off, I deep fried. A couple of glasses of vino, some chocolate and an episode of Fargo and we're in food heaven tonight. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭tampopo

So I was quite proud of myself. I realised first of all, that I've maybe not lost my cooking mojo, I probably have none to begin with!
    Anyway, I was thinking of that chicken curry/chips curry ad and I made some curried vegetables. Trying to remember how I made that Cooking Club Spicy Thai Noodle Soup. Oh yeah, curry powder, sugar, Thai lemon stick. right, got all that.

And I had a breast of chicken wrapped in a rasher I'd baked a pair of the previous night. all good.

But tonight! I had seen the recipe a few weeks ago. It looked gorgeous.
    http://toriavey.com/toris-kitchen/2010/07/summer-2010-travel-blog-shakshuka/

cooking away.
    PA161591_zpsty4zltxc.jpg

I was worried about the ensuring the egggs were cooked through. I let it go for several minutes. Worrying. Then when it was over and eaten, I realised that you can boil an egg in just three minutes. So, go figure. Next time.
    this is it cooked.
    PA161595_zpssbmejmlb.jpg

yeah, it was pretty good. Have to say.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,001 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Mrs Beer brought me back a bag of this:

CoE0c03.jpg

I think it's Persian dried lime flesh.
    So I decided to make up a Persian style chicken dish to showcase it.
    Chicken thighs with Persian dried lime, wilted spinach and Persian rice.
    It had onion, ginger ,garlic, coriander seed, cumin, paprika, long black pepper and a cinnamon stick, dried lime, tomatoes, chicken stock, a little white wine, saffron, a touch of honey, salt and finished with parsley, mint and pistachios.
    It was very, very tasty and really sour:D I like sour.:p
    Will definitely be making again (and I have the ingredients here if I forget) and have some leftover for tonight.

2cSUVY2.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Apologies for the pic - new phone and I'm still working it all out! :p

Cornish styled pasty with beef, potatoes, carrot, onion, swede.

Pasty.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭Shenshen

I wasn't all that hungry, so made myself a plate of nibbles :

Crackers with Tipperary Blue and chili jam, more crackers with Austrian Bergkaese and onion chutney, pickled cucumber, carrot sticks and some houmous I made yesterday to dip them in.

And I've got some spiced apple pie cooling for dessert :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

Today one of my best friends came around to cheer me up, so for dinner I cooked chicken fillets, sprayed them with garlic oil and put them on a bed of onions, garlic and tomatoes and roasted at 160° for about 40ish minutes.

Served with mash and carrots.

I just looked in the fridge and threw it together, wasn't sure how it would turn out, thankfully everyone loved it. There wasn't one complaint and I was asked to make it again for everyone.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement