Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'Here's what I had for dinner last night' thread - Part II - Don't quote pics!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

Pasta with a garlic laden cream, ham & mushroom sauce. The kind of thing what might land in front of you if you ordered a carbonara whilst out and about in a place that also has thai green curry and goujons on the sticky menu.

Was awesome :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

Ahem. :o Low carb is tough going.

366894.JPG

I actually had more than this...

• Registered Users Posts: 22,772 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

tampopo wrote: »
    ^^^
    Looks good to me...
    Should have gone to Specsavers! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭Mrs Fox

Made cauliflower crust pizza with rich beef ragu. Yum. Also a little treat of Lidl's Taste of Success winning dish, nutty brioche and butter pudding.

IMG_20151028_173636_zpsdvzxahgi.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭pew

So I'm need of comfort food but I'm on a diet.

Tonight's dinner was Turkey sausages, sweet potato and kale mash.

However I was being silly.

Buttery potato and cabbage mash with denny sausages smothered in gravy

Heaven.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,351 ✭✭✭katydid

A "clearing out the 'fridge" dinner...fried onions, mushrooms, cooked potato, black pudding, chopped smoked rashers, and wilted spinach. Breakfast for dinner, I suppose. But delish

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭Mrs Fox

Tasty bank holiday Sunday dinner after a day of walking in the woods. Buffalo chicken wings with spicy sweet potato chips. Himself had blue cheese dip with his, I had greek yogurt, as I can't bear the taste of feet-like mouldy cheeses.

Spill the beans on the spicy sweet potato please. Looks diviiiiine.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Enchiladas! Made with my homemade non-spicy taco seasoning and sour cream sauce. The cream could have been sourer, for my taste, but holy yumminess batman! I am absolutely stuffed.

photo%203_zpscivn1c05.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭Dr.MickKiller

Lentils and spinach.

366984.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭purple hands

Leaky calzones with minced pork, smoked cheese and bbq sauce
    2nthg0x.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭nicki11

Last of the thai curry tonight (I don't mind these leftovers) :)IMG_20151025_213846.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

Chilli tonight, added cocoa (seen that tip here), very tasty!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Pasta in garlic and herb cheese sauce with asparagus. The two lads had smoked salmon with theirs.

We ate in Ikea last night and accidentally both ordered insane amounts of meatballs. As in I ended up with 15 and the other side of the table had 20. He had so many meatballs they had to put his mash in a seperate bowl. (I think the people from burger king have been gossiping about our habit of buying 20 nuggets at a time).

Then we went to the food shop and went absolutely chicken-oriental buying stuff. We normally do because the other side of the table is Scandinavian so likes to stock up on staples but this was just mental. There's something in them there meatballs. Oh well, I have enough amazing fizzy watermelon licorice cable to last me a few days!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Ruu wrote: »
    Ahem. :o Low carb is tough going.

<Mod pic-snip>

Is that really bacon with chocolate on it?

:confused:

My god.

Did you enjoy it?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,772 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Yeah - it is bacon with chocolate on it. Two classic tastes - salty & sweet combined. Not unheard of. And each to their own.

Care to post some of your own food choices & have someone make snippy comments about them? Or do you prefer keeping it the other way around?

tHB

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Yeah - it is bacon with chocolate on it. Two classic tastes - salty & sweet combined. Not unheard of. And each to their own.

Indeed. I asked if the poster enjoyed it, I've never come across anyone who's actually eaten this. As far as I was aware, it was a 'joke' that Americans love to indulge.
    Care to post some of your own food choices & have someone make snippy comments about them? Or do you prefer keeping it the other way around?

I have done a number of times, maybe you should control your sense of outrage, you're very quick to get your back up.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Mod Note: Alright, let's all calm down :). Our general rule here is "If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all". We don't want this forum to become a place where people won't post for fear of criticism. We'd ask that all posters respect this, and remember that your tastes may not be the same as others. That doesn't mean either of you are wrong, and it can be discussed in a polite and friendly way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,263 ✭✭✭Gongoozler

fizzy watermelon licorice cable

In ikea!?
    Really?
    Might have to take a trip if so

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,588 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

Being on my own tonight, I decided to cook an experiment.

There's a pub not far from where I live that does a delicious pub lunch called Fiery Chicken Inferno. It's a chicken breast, chargrilled, topped with jalapenos and melted cheese, and smothered in a cajun sauce.

I decided to try to recreate it at home.

jhx8j5.jpg

To my surprise...it was bang on. I made the cajun sauce by heating chicken stock, adding tomato puree, garlic, oregano, thyme, paprika and some Franks, then thickening slightly with cornflour and finishing with a splash of cream.

A few chips on the side for mopping up the sauce. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

Made a huge lasagne with about twenty gazillion pounds of cheddar on it. Also made some little heart shaped baby lasagnes for my likkle fifteen-month old boy because a. He loves lasagne and b. I love him :)

I am very jealous of people who can cook such pretty things for their babies. My 10 month old would fling that across the room and so I'm stuck serving slop :o

Tonight's slop (:pac:) was a vegetable fritatta with pesto potatoes and red onion and carrot coleslaw.

Followed by sugar free apple turnovers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

I was at the dentists at half two and didn't have breakfast in order to keep my toothsies sparkly. So by the time I got home at five, I'd have eaten a nun's arse through a convent gate.

So I did a sort of half stir fry/salad thing, using watercress, baby rocket, grated raw beetroot, iceberg lettuce, tomatoes, red onion, and lightly cooked broccoli, carrot, mushroom, green beans, peas, sweetcorn, cabbage and red/yellow peppers. With a bit of herby oil, garlic, mustard and grated cheese to tie it together.

Omnomnom. Looked a mess but tasted amazing.

Gongoozler wrote: »
    In ikea!?
    Really?
    Might have to take a trip if so

Oh yes. In the pick & mix. They have the best sour licorice cables!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭confusticated

Applause wrote: »
    Cottage pie, it had broccoli, peas and carrots in it, wish I could get the top more crispy but it was in for what felt like a decade.

Try sticking it under the grill for a few minutes at the end?

Tonight was salmon and pasta in cream and loads of garlic. Not been making much of an effort with dinners in the last while, hopefully winter setting in will jumpstart nice stews and pies and things.

Oh yes. In the pick & mix. They have the best sour licorice cables!
    Try sticking it under the grill for a few minutes at the end?

Thought you were replying to MissF for a second and suggesting she grill her licorice. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭confusticated

You mean you've never had grilled liquorice?! Whispered, you haven't lived!

You mean you've never had grilled liquorice?! Whispered, you haven't lived!

*eyeballs grills*

*eyeballs bag of licorice*

I'll report back!

Although will have to be careful with the choice of licorice. We have some here that is heavily dusted in ammonia salt. That would fill the house with the most wonderful aromas if grilled...

Ammonia salt? Sounds interesting!

• Advertisement

It's awful, awful stuff. Tastes like a room with a urinal in it smells.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement