Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'Here's what I had for dinner last night' thread - Part II - Don't quote pics!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,276 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

KatW4 wrote: »
    Yay someone who actually likes parsley sauce! I get teased something shocking for liking it. Your dinner looks amazing!

Bacon and cabbage has to have parsley sauce!! :-P

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

On Saturday, we had chicken katsu curry with coconut rice and lightly cooked, buttery green beans (please excuse the slightly distorted picture!).

Jjj2i2X.jpg?2

It was a Jamie Oliver recipe, but it needed a little tweaking. I oven-baked the chicken to make it less bad for us. The sauce needed a lot of work from his recipe, with much more spice and seasoning added than he recommended. The rice was also a little too sticky for my tastes, but overall, it was a great success :).

Yesterday, we spent the day snowshoeing up a mountain, so a hearty feed of fish & chips was on the menu. Yum!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

Your katsu looks like Ireland, Faith! Tasty, tasty Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

Tonight it homemade chicken stew. I put plenty of garlic in it so its extra delicious :p

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Agedashi tofu with cold soba noodles and dipping broth.

photo_zpsfsbv1kjc.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭nicki11

Chili con carne with basmati rice and cheese sprinkled on top

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭clever user name

Pasta and (big) meatballs :D

12540152_10205798492704693_1844033327_n.jpg

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,588 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

Salmon with a pesto crust, baked garlic and herb wedges, broccoli and cauliflower. Dull Monday night dinner but it really hit the spot. :)

Noodles with pork fillet chunks, carrot, bamboo & mushroom. Flavoured with soy/rice wine/chili/honey. Hit the spot :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭iwantmydinner

Supermarket last night so got oven food to have when we got home, picked up the cheesy potato tray in Aldi and the crispy duck pancake thing. They were both incredibly tasty. I've never actually cooked duck before so it was a nice gentle introduction to cooking it. I'll pick up the duck breasts in the next couple of weeks and have a go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,701 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Last night: blue fillet steaks with roasted garlic & peppers, salads and cumin-cayenne sweet potato wedges.

10632595_10154457861487678_3350817587095283398_n.jpg?oh=93f2c7001910da5be21a42e404deb782&oe=570A9C1D

Night before: Mediocre pizza in my local.

Saturday night: Chicken tequila pasta, which sounds gross and doesn't look much better but is absolutely gorgeous.

12507522_10154457860622678_1038178516147053451_n.jpg?oh=6a9d6eb11cf3b24bb81ce6e219ed8be0&oe=56FCC958

• Registered Users Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭Zelda247

Dial Hard wrote: »
    Last night: blue fillet steaks with roasted garlic & peppers, salads and cumin-cayenne sweet potato wedges.

Night before: Mediocre pizza in my local.

Saturday night: Chicken tequila pasta, which sounds gross and doesn't look much better but is absolutely gorgeous.

Could I have the receipt for Chicken tequila pasta please

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭Mrs Fox

Success with the shlow cooker :) So happy to come home to a bowl of steaming hot beef stew in red wine. Eaten with buttered brown bread. Yummo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭pew

Stew yesterday evening.

Tonight a broccoli, bbq chicken and cheese quiche with tomato onion, basil and parmesan side.

Shalll be my lunch for tomorrow too.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,919 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Tonight (and last night, and tomorrow night) is a recipe I call 'Poverty Chilli'. I've €100 to do me til the end of the month, so couldn't get all the ingredients for my usual chilli for the slow cooker. I stretched it out by adding a cup of dried split lentils to the mixture and doubling up on kidney beans :) It's enough to feed a family of 3 for 3 days.

This is before:

3gFTlWD.jpg?1

and on the plate:

Bv58j8h.jpg?1

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Slow cooked stew here tonight too. I made a Moroccan beef & chickpea stew for the first time and it was delicious. Mr. Dizzy doesn't eat couscous so we had it with rice.

2nbczdi.jpg

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Zelda247 wrote: »

There's a nice recipe for it in the Cooking Club here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056394273

Chicken enchiladas, made from scratch (poaching and shredding the chicken, home made sauce) with corn salsa and sour cream. Reeeally good.

29206k7.jpg

Chilli non Carne. Actually there's no chilli in it either so I don't know what to call it. Tasty though.

photo_zpsrur7kx6x.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

Turkey meatballs with a delicious onion, pepper and tomato sauce, served with penne

• Advertisement

Zelda247 wrote:

Faith wrote:
    There's a nice recipe for it in the Cooking Club here:

I'll post the link tomorrow, I'm on the mobile app so can't do it here. I've never used the recipe Faith linked so can't vouch for that one either way.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭iwantmydinner

Last night I made baked beans with a tin of mixed beans, a tin of kidney beans, a carton of passata and a HAPE of chilli flakes. Cracked two eggs on top of it for the last few minutes. One of my absolute favourite dinners. Comfort in a bowl.

Zelda247 wrote: »

There y'are now.

http://www.ruminationsrugbyruination.blogspot.ie/2011/08/post-fifteenth-in-which-our-heroine.html

Boeuf bourguignon with mash and broccoli, and a slice of delicious pumpkin cake for dessert.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,092 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Slimming world cottage pie. It was surprisingly nice. Thank ****, it's on the menu tomorrow too.

Roast chicken, and anything else in the fridge. My diet is not on the menu tonight.

Yesterday was Day 2 Stew. Perfect BRR weather food. Tonight, I am at an impasse. I would like pizza, pizza is not an option. Hmmm. Some kind of ricey chickeny thing mayhaps.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭Shenshen

Had a later evening at work, so dinner had to be something quick.

Spicy chickpeas and beans, mushed up a bit and rolled into fajitas with lettuce, onion, peppers, a bit of cheese and some sour cream.

Have I mentioned that I love food you can eat with your hands? The messier, the better :D

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Kurumba

Baked potato with chilli mince and some low fat cheddar. Topped with zero fat natural yoghurt, served with a side salad of rocket, tomato and balsamic. Didn't miss the sour cream at all to be honest!

• Advertisement

Kurumba wrote:
    Baked potato with chilli mince and some low fat cheddar. Topped with zero fat natural yoghurt, served with a side salad of rocket, tomato and balsamic. Didn't miss the sour cream at all to be honest!

I have to say, I find low-fat cheese the biggest false economy ever. It doesn't melt right and is never cheesy enough. If I was counting calories I'd much rather use the equivalent calorie amount of parmesan. You get a much bigger cheesy bang for your buck, as it were.

I actually have a bit of an issue with the whole "low fat" thing in general but that's a discussion for a different thread!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement