Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'Here's what I had for dinner last night' thread - Part II - Don't quote pics!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭Shenshen

We were both feeling a bit under the weather, so needed something warm and spicy.

Mexican soup, with a bit of sour cream and a handful of nachos for dipping was just the ticket.

2prs0fb.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A_Sober_Paddy

Shenshen wrote: »
    We were both feeling a bit under the weather, so needed something warm and spicy.

Mexican soup, with a bit of sour cream and a handful of nachos for dipping was just the ticket.

Any chance of receipe, looks soooo good

• Registered Users Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭Shenshen

Any chance of receipe, looks soooo good

Well, it started out as leftover Ratatouille and butterbeans.

I threw that in the blender, added some jalapenos, a good pinch of chili and a bit of smoked paprika and some vegetable stock. Then put it on the hob, added some sweetcorn and heated it through.

The Ratatouille itself was courgette, aubergine, peppers, onions, garlic and mushrooms, roughly chopped and oven roasted with a few branches of rosemary. Once all that was nicely browned and soft, I removed the rosemary and added it all to some tomato sauce along with a tin of butterbeans.
    I had made that for our work charity lunch, to go with some rice and fresh focaccia, but had so much leftover.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

Chilli chicken and rice noodles, and to finish some banana bread

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

Chicken fajitas., last night and again tonight.

First time in ages I'd had them, they were sooooooo good. Mmm.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,588 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

Beef and pork meatballs, with mash and broccoli, with mushroom sauce. Not pictured was some cranberry sauce.

The photo doesn't really do justice to how good it was.

vg7x90.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,464 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Chicken fajitas., last night and again tonight.

First time in ages I'd had them, they were sooooooo good. Mmm.

Great for when you have friends round. Cook them during the day/day before, as well as prepare your salsa/guacamole. Then heat the fajitas up in the oven on the evening. Easy peasy lemon squeezy. :)

Caramelised Pork Belly with Spring Onion Mash - a bit of a Friday eve treat. ;)

D378711A-9A77-408F-A148-9A481ED7B969_zpsk38rwiqx.jpg

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,092 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Slimming world lamb Rogan Josh. I was afraid it wasn't going to thicken, it was a bit watery. But I turned the hob up to full wack, and 5 minutes later it was bubbling and done. Threw in some fresh mint and coriander just at the end and gave it a quick stir. It was fab.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,700 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Chicken & spinach lasagna. Fookin' delish, man.

12645101_10154515291112678_7788307474594649090_n.jpg?oh=a431840f3c801e1b21045a5b103050ed&oe=576C7357

• Registered Users Posts: 31,883 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Recipe please!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,946 ✭✭✭✭anewme

huge T-bone steak cooked rare, oven chips, garlic mushrooms, onion rings, pepper sauce...washed down with a couple of glasses of Piper Hiedsieck...my death row dinner!!!http://invmzb.jpg

Pork fajitas here tonight.

Been having chicken fajitas the past few nights so decided on pork for a change.

Going through a phase of fajitas at the minute, god they so delicious.

• Registered Users Posts: 775 ✭✭✭Musefan

A hearty casserole with sausage, beans, cherry tomatoes and peppers. Soaked up in some crusty bread.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Minder

Spaghetti with Bloody Mary sauce.

Cheesy pasta bake for me tonight.

One of those days when comfort food is needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

Cream & tarragon chicken from the joe wicks lean in 15 book. The recipes are all very simple with few ingredients and could undoubtedly be found on any blog around etc but it's a alright book nonetheless. I like that a lot of the recipes are for 1 or two people, I rarely cook for more people than myself and himself. Most of my cookbooks cater for 4/6 people, it's much handier to scale up a recipe I find rather than scaling it down.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Pork and beef meatballs in gravy with mash and peas.

ivgx2s.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

Think you've the wrong photo up there!:D:D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Kovu wrote: »
    Think you've the wrong photo up there!:D:D

Haha, I changed it - it was my first time uploading a photo from my phone :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Maybe it's an invite? Maybe we have to find the house using the for sale sign and when we get there we get meatballs?

• Advertisement

Maybe it's an invite? Maybe we have to find the house using the for sale sign and when we get there we get meatballs?

It's not even my house :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

Friday was the other-side-of-the-table's birthday and so we took a break in Operation 'Let's not end the year needing matching mobility scooters' and made 4 cheese macaroni & cheese and buttermilk fried chicken. The chicken had been sitting in buttermilk and nice things for 4 days and was delicious. I also made a fairly wonderful lemon meringue cake. Last night and tonight have been spaghetti & sauce as we're both a little unwell and too lazy to cook if it's not fried something or other.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,218 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Turkey breast cut into strips and fried along with chopped peppers and mushrooms.
    Mixed a jar of Pataks Korma into the pan and added extra coconut milk, simmered down and then served up in Yorkshire Puddings.
    Just to be odd!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,700 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Mars Bar wrote: »
    Recipe please!!

http://www.ruminationsrugbyruination.blogspot.ie/2011/09/post-twenty-third-in-which-our-heroine_14.html I usually make it when I have the strippings of a roast chicken; saves the extra step of poaching chicken fillets for it.

Last night's dinner was fillet steak with blue cheese sauce, garlic mash and green beans.

12669421_10154523059647678_2137152445382755935_n.jpg?oh=263c461596daf0b1154d0a90ca4497e4&oe=5768239D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

I made chicken and Broccoli bake. It turned out very dry though I think I will put more milk in it next time.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,215 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Nekarsulm wrote: »
    Turkey breast cut into strips and fried along with chopped peppers and mushrooms.
    Mixed a jar of Pataks Korma into the pan and added extra coconut milk, simmered down and then served up in Yorkshire Puddings.
    Just to be odd!

i sometimes make butter chicken and serve it in large vol au vents , the crispy creamy combo is lovley :D

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Last night we each had half a grilled lobster with garlic butter. Then the waiter insisted on bringing us another half lobster each. Then he brought my husband some lobster topped with prawns, calamari and scallops, because the restaurant was quiet due to the Super Bowl.

#sorrynotsorry :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭Mrs Fox

Pancake Tuesday starts today at casa Fox.
    Round one is Malaysian-style Roti Jala (lace/net pancakes) with chicken curry. Curry is from chef Norman Musa featured in yesterday's Sunday Times, with a little tweak.

wp_ss_20160208_0001_zpsuerbkqcg.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,464 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Leftover Roast Chicken Dinner Frittata (or what's left of it!).

2A491C84-FD7C-411E-9780-BBE9B19C4125_zpsbibn5fqp.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Quesadilla. Gouda, lettuce, gherkins, and pastrami.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement