Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'Here's what I had for dinner last night' thread - Part II - Don't quote pics!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,942 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Sweet Potato Cottage Pie. I find the sweet potato with cheese on top of it is nicer than the standard potato.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Stuffed mushroom and potato croquettes.

W6Sjc7v.jpg?1

• Registered Users Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭Shenshen

Egg fried rice and spring rolls. Simple but nice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

Beef & sweet potato tagine with cous cous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

Pancakes with chicken tikka masala. And for dessert, pancakes with blueberries, marshmallows, maple syrup and honeycomb ice cream (just for the kids ;0) )

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Jambalaya.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,603 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

Big dirty impromptu pub dinner. 2 pints of Erdinger with a sharing platter between five of us loaded with garlic mushrooms, wedges, nachos, chicken goujons, sweet potato fries, chicken wings and strange little macaroni cheese fritters. :)

Big dirty impromptu pub dinner. 2 pints of Erdinger with a sharing platter between five of us loaded with garlic mushrooms, wedges, nachos, chicken goujons, sweet potato fries, chicken wings and strange little macaroni cheese fritters. :)

Oh and when we got home we made pancakes for dessert which we ate with nutella and butter, sugar and lemon. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,814 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Chorizo & chickpea stew with lots of crusty bread. Would have loved a bit of pecorino grated on top but I didn't have any. Didn't even have parmesan. Note to self: do a cheese shop.

12670271_10154528157062678_3443634179132585893_n.jpg?oh=57840180bfd1cb3695f011ee479105bb&oe=5731BB94

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Dial Hard wrote: »
    Chorizo & chickpea stew with lots of crusty bread. Would have loved a bit of pecorino grated on top but I didn't have any. Didn't even have parmesan. Note to self: do a cheese shop.

That Bread... :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

After an impromptu visit to the pub, we went to the chipper.

This was delicious but Jesus I'd raging heartburn afterwards:

2itl7xj.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,814 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

northgirl wrote: »
    That Bread... :)

It's Lidl's new(ish) rustic baguette from the in-store bakery. It's really good, my sister and I milled the entire thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Jamie Oliver's beef stroganoff with homemade pasta. The gherkins in it were nice, and the whole thing was very tasty, though I didn't point out to my dining companion that the yoghurt curdled.

For dessert it was pancakes with a choice of fillings: honey, butter, blackcurrant jam, sugar, and lemon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

Ham, cheese, spinach and red pesto pancakes. (x2)

Followed by pancakes with cadbury buttons and marshmallows.

I had pains afterwards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

Ham, cheese, spinach and red pesto pancakes. (x2)

Followed by pancakes with cadbury buttons and marshmallows.

I had pains afterwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭dibkins

I had leftover rice from a biriyani, so i stuffed it in a pepper. Nom.

slack_for_ios_upload_720.jpg

Bolognese, cooked the previous night. I used the BBC's good food recipe and added a dash of balsamic vinegar and a teaspoon of crushed chillis, then cooked it in the oven. Was so very tasty.

Am a massive fan of cooking the night before.

Home made burgers and chips, with brioche buns, home-made cucumber pickles, Swiss cheese, lettuce, onions and a burger sauce made from ketchup, mayo and Dijon mustard. They were absolutely deeelish. :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Chilli.

2gtynhx.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

Oven baked seabass, roasted baby potatoes, leeks and peas. All served with a lemon butter sauce, delish!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

Pork wraps tonight, well, I say wraps, they fell apart so I ended up eating them with a fork and knife. :D Super delicious though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

Crispy yellow oven dinner courtesy of Lidl tonight. Pflammkueche, which was delicious and stuffed pork schnitzel which was like soapy, salty pork leather with grit on top. At least the dog got a decent meal out of it.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,108 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Don't laugh. A bit of a fridge emptier. Liver and black pudding, with home made coleslaw and taco bowl things. Individually they're all lovely, and collectively it worked. Also, fridge emptying complete.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭Mrs Fox

beertons wrote: »
    Don't laugh. A bit of a fridge emptier. Liver and black pudding, with home made coleslaw and taco bowl things. Individually they're all lovely, and collectively it worked. Also, fridge emptying complete.

Laugh? Applause is what you deserve.

Last night was slow cooker Bolognese with lotso lotso veg.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭Shenshen

The weekly leftover veg and pasta bake.
    I had been planning on making a cheese sauce for the bake only to discover we had no milk left (husband's fault, he's the only one using it most of the time, and he never let me know we were running low). So I went through my fridge and found half a tub of mascarpone. With some stock, a bit of cheese and a generous dollop of mustard, this turned out to be one of the nicest bakes yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

made Italian flatbread,Moroccan keftas,spiced stiry fry veg,harissa mayo.. delish

fc73ao.jpg

21ez3ue.jpg

2sbv7r6.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,545 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Baked crispy chicken wings (that had been sprinkled with baking soda and salt) with potato skins loaded with cheese and pancetta. Dips: Spicy Mayo, Sweet & Sour, Blue Cheese, Honey & Mustard and BBQ.

CAAECFF9-EFE6-42B5-A4E1-7F79B316C27A_zps2bnu1t1a.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭Mrs Fox

Baked crispy chicken wings (that had been sprinkled with baking soda and salt).

So how was it with baking soda?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,545 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Mrs Fox wrote: »
    So how was it with baking soda?

They were lovely and crispy thanks, but quite salty (for 3kg of wings, I added 3tblsp of soda and 1tblsp of salt). Went down really well though.

Chicken wing fact: on SuperBowl Sunday in the US, a billion chicken wings are eaten!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,992 ✭✭✭✭anewme

Single woman's Valentine's weekend! Sriracha baked chicken wings and a glass of Prosecco. Delish!

mt1q9i.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement