Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'Here's what I had for dinner last night' thread - Part II - Don't quote pics!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

Chicken, pork, 4 eggs and melted brie on a gluten free wrap!

12729448_1719812498264113_1792073644_n.jpg?ig_cache_key=MTE4MzYxNDU4MzI1OTg5MzQ0Nw%3D%3D.2

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

Rare fillet steak with garlic butter, scallion mash.

Rioja to wash it all down :)

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭dibkins

I made tacos with these teeny little soft taco shells i found in F&B. Delicious.

chorizo_and_bean_tacos_720.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 13,700 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Last night: bubbly gruyere, sage & mustard pork medallions with sauteed spuds & green beans.

12744526_10154538397917678_6676438489439183580_n.jpg?oh=caaba2cccaf73b2d8925c6ed820ffaee&oe=5762B58E

Night before: My gloriously cheesy, pesto-y, pine nutty pasta.

12669518_10154534290942678_7300370263734161948_n.jpg?oh=fce7bf7274c7da9d27d66088c4678633&oe=5728B0DB

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,951 ✭✭✭B0jangles

I'm SO looking forward to dinner tonight - it's gonna be Thai Basil Chicken (AKA Gai Pad Horapa) because my local chinese supermarket got some bags of really nice, fresh-looking thai sweet basil in for the first time in at least a year!!!

EEEEEEEEEEEE!

Trip report: yup, as good as I remember :D No pics because I was too busy with the whole eating thing...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

Slow cooked brisket in red ale, stock, mushrooms & onion shredded into gravy made of the cooking liquid (brisket fat lifted off and given to doggy as much appreciated valentine's treat). Piled on top of hash browns and served with the same red ale as was in the gravy (Brehon Brewery - yum)

Followed by a load of Green & Blacks salt caramel thins, for the day what is in it.

Loads and loads of gravy left, will buy mince and turn it into cottage pie tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭Shenshen

Black bean burritos. Fillings were black bean stew, lime and coriander rice, guacamole, lettuce, cucumber, spring onions, and sweetcorn salsa.

I absolutely adore black bean stew these days, and I've got enough leftover to turn into spicy black bean burgers sometime during the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭Mrs Fox

Bolognese from the other night turned into lasagna. Since i haven't made one for months i thought i should make a bomb with extra extra cheese and sloppy as hell.
    It was not pleasant :( The whole thing tasted so chalky; i had screwed up the béchamel. Served with homemade slaw.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭iwantmydinner

On Saturday we were at a wedding where we had fab warm canapés, a very lovely cold seafood platter to start our meal, a lovely celeriac soup, DIVINE Angus fillet with all the sides you could possibly want for main, and lovely Apple crumble for dessert.

Last night we had curry chips from Fortes on Dorset Street :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Leftover duck hot pot and fried rice from the Chinese the night before :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,700 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Shenshen wrote: »
    I absolutely adore black bean stew these days.

Any chance of a recipe?

Beany dinner here too last night - 3 Bean Enchiladas, made by my sister as I was working on a Literature assignment. Mine kind of fell apart as she was taking it out of the dish.

12742541_10154540723507678_8637097189243453002_n.jpg?oh=4d767f6a67a6412ea24f44c5e8a992ad&oe=576640AE

Dial Hard wrote: »
    Any chance of a recipe?

Beany dinner here too last night - 3 Bean Enchiladas, made by my sister as I was working on a Literature assignment. Mine kind of fell apart as she was taking it out of the dish.

Not an exact one, as I'm very bad with measurements, but something like this :

1 onion
    1 green bell pepper
    1 or 2 stalks of celery
    1 or 2 cloves of garlic
    chili depending on how hot you like it

ca. 1 cup of black beans
    ca. 2l of vegetable stock

Ground cumin
    Ground coriander
    Paprika
    Salt and Pepper

Roughly chop the onion, bell pepper, celery, garlic and chili, then drop it in a food processor and blitz until it's a sort of puree. Fry in a large pan on low heat until it's soft, dry and slightly browned.

In a good-sized pot, combine the mixture with your beans, cover in vegetable stock and simmer on a low heat until the beans are done, stirring sometimes (but not too often).
    I don't pre-soak the beans as I find black beans leave all their colour in the water and turn a rather ugly sort of grey).

Once the beans are soft, season with the cumin, coriander and paprika, and the salt and pepper.

This is ideal to make in a slow-cooker, which is what I usually do.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,215 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

lamb meatball balti on baked potato tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭tampopo

Lidl Polish gyoza, fried veg and noodles.

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭The YOPPA

Starter of mushroom soup followed by braised steak with mash & roast potatoes, peas, carrots & covered in onion gravy, then strawberry cheesecake.

Hospital food isn't that bad after all 😷

Red lentil cottage pie with cheesy mash .... I'd love to have a third portion, but I just can't fit it in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

Homemade gf pizza for the toddlers birthday, we had

1. Ham, pineapple and olives
    2. Sweet chilli chicken, peppers, onions and jalapeños
    3. Pepperoni, olives and feta
    4. Bbq chicken, peppers, onions and pineapple

Stuffed to the gills and we still have to cut the cake

• Registered Users Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Minder

Dinner was a Sri Lankan crab curry with plain rice. Also made a Thai mackerel and nashi pear salad with nam pla prik.

Better pic of cake

Duck wraps for me tonight. Yum.

@RentDayBlues - That cake looks yummy. I'll take some of it off your hands if you want :D

• Advertisement

@RentDayBlues - That cake looks yummy. I'll take some of it off your hands if you want :D

We had 4 slices so way too much left! I would ship it to you but not sure carrot cake travels well :)

Scrambled eggs with chorizo and cheese with toast. And a good shake of my new favourite hot sauce

tumblr_nzi61uXNrd1r1hqjeo1_500.jpg

Wicked good stuff! It has heat but not hurts to eat heat and all the yummy fruity taste of habenero <3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭Taboola

Scrambled eggs with chorizo and cheese with toast. And a good shake of my new favourite hot sauce

Wicked good stuff! It has heat but not hurts to eat heat and all the yummy fruity taste of habenero <3

Where did you get that?

Taboola wrote: »
    Where did you get that?
    I don't know where MF got it but I am confident I've seen it in TK Maxx in the last 1-2 weeks.

Fairly sure its that one, or else one extremely similar bottle/label on it.

I got it in Against the Grain in Dublin, Taboola (on Capel St), I think you'd pick it up in any of the Galway Bay Brewery bars though, it's their beer in it :)

http://www.galwaybaybrewery.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭Mrs Fox

Minder wrote: »
    Dinner was a Sri Lankan crab curry with plain rice. Also made a Thai mackerel and nashi pear salad with nam pla prik.

Serious envy :o What crab did you use?

Last night was medium rare sirloin steak with buttery mash, and sauteed onion and mushroom. 'Twas good.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Pork chop with onions and beans, and chips from the Airfryer.

acfmmu.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A_Sober_Paddy

Just a simple black lentil dal

Black Lentils
    Tinned Tomatoes
    Onion
    Coriander
    Cumin
    Turmeric
    Salt
    Water
    ...tasty

Just wondering what kind of vegetables would go nice with a dish like this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭2xj3hplqgsbkym

Just a simple black lentil dal

Black Lentils
    Tinned Tomatoes
    Onion
    Coriander
    Cumin
    Turmeric
    Salt
    Water
    ...tasty

Just wondering what kind of vegetables would go nice with a dish like this

I like cauliflower, peas , butternut squash and or chickpeas mixed in with Dahl.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A_Sober_Paddy

I like cauliflower, peas , butternut squash and or chickpeas mixed in with Dahl.

Like the idea of peas, I prefer cauliflower with creamier dishes (coconut cream dishes like madras and korma)

Cheers

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement