Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'Here's what I had for dinner last night' thread - Part II - Don't quote pics!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Minder

Bloody Mary pasta, buffalo wings, celery sticks with blue cheese dressing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭iwantmydinner

Chicken goujons, potato waffles, chipotle ketchup and like five episodes of The Good Wife. Epic.

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

I had Thai red curry last night. As always, delicious.

Probably a takeaway of some description tonight. I have one of those cooked brown Lidl crabs in the freezer, any good crab suggestions for use over the weekend?

The best use of the crab would be to shell it and mix both the white and brown meat, but I remember as a kid having lots of fun with a hammer and the claws, but that was a pot of claws back then. I've only two to work with on this one.

Also, I can google how to remove the gills etc, just wondering if they've already been removed in the lidl ones I wonder.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,341 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

First ever entry in this thread!!
    Tuna & Pistachio salad.
    (iceberg lettuce, tomato, skinned cucumber, sweetcorn, tuna, crushed pistachios, hard boiled eggs, dash of salt & pepper, and a drizzle of olive oil & balsamic vinegar)

24832571250_19794ed807_z.jpg
    25009992542_0ca26665df_z.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭tampopo

Champ. Disappointing. Not as good as when I made it a while ago.
    Hmmm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,990 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Haven't been posting here for a while. I have a few saved up.

Massive free range pork chop with sautéed potatoes, roast baby peppers and fried kale with garlic.

Say9bvP.jpg

A sort of Japanese soup. Pork mince and leeks cooked in dashi and chicken stock with aubergine and tofu. Japanese rice and pickled cabbage on the side.

1Pn4sXq.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Chicken casserole with leeks, mushrooms and potatoes. Much more flavourful than usual because I decided to fry off the mushrooms along with the onions, instead of just adding them to the stock like I usually do.

Was in England a few weeks ago and was instructed to cook the two pheasant that were in the in-law's freezer.
    At last I've managed to cook pheasant to my satisfaction. Previously, I've always found the legs tough and the breast too dry. I had cooked them separately before but not with great success. This time, however, even I was happy with the results.

I slow roast the legs with lots of fresh herbs, butter and olive oil, covered for about 3 hours.

The crowns I covered in pancetta and roast for just 20 minutes in a hot oven. They were medium rare, super tender and effing delicious.

I made a stock with the backs of the birds and made a really, really good madeira wine reduction.

Served the lot with roast carrots, parsnips, potatoes and garlic and pan fried flower sprouts .
    I was very pleased with myself.

No pics of the finished meal.

JjlQXBS.jpg

0CnsmvB.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭pew

Noodles with veg and a grilled turkey steak

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭cloudatlas

Chorizo coins with chickpeas, paprika, cherry tomatoes and watercress.

I'm on a budget.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Minder

Made chicken satay with peanut sauce yesterday. Also made Gado Gado - a salad of cooked potato and green beans with raw carrot, cucumber, radish, tomato, bean shoots and boiled egg. Piled up with prawn crackers and served with the peanut sauce.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

Minder wrote: »
    Made chicken satay with peanut sauce yesterday. Also made Gado Gado - a salad of cooked potato and green beans with raw carrot, cucumber, radish, tomato, bean shoots and boiled egg. Piled up with prawn crackers and served with the peanut sauce.

My mouth is watering

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Ilyana 2.0

Finally took a crack at homemade pizza. Bacon and pepperoni for him, olives peppers and prosciutto for me. The base was a touch stodgy but for a first attempt I was impressed with myself!

Suitably accompanied by a bottle of bubbles from my parents.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭tampopo

Friday night, frozen pizzas.
    Yesterday, this,

WP_20160220_19_26_09_Pro_zpstmziifrb.jpg

Noodles and thinly sliced beef and fried veg, with a side order of broccoli and carrot salad. And one finger of neat vodka.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Last night we had the M&S €15 Italian meal deal and it was excellent. A huge bolognese pasta bake with tons of cheese, a nice big Focaccia with roasted veg, skinny chips and a bottle of wine or 2 of elderflower pressé.

Tonight I made myself a nice big burger - a plain beef patty with Emmental cheese, gherkins, fried onions, sliced tomato and my diy version of Big Mac sauce, on a brioche bun. All my efforts went into the burger so I just threw some Home Chips into the airfyer.

2r2y73b.jpg

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,588 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

I've been fed by friends the last two nights.

Friday was 'arepas' - Venezuelan griddle corn cakes stuffed with black beans, spicy beef, avocado, scrambled egg with tomato and chilli and other nice things, with Mars bar squares for dessert.

Last night was slow cooked lamb served on pink beetroot couscous with mint, onion gravy and roasted garlic mushrooms. Scrumptious. Dessert was black forest brownies but they were very overcooked and hard. The champagne we were drinking made up for it somewhat. :)

Home made falafel tonight, with home made hummus in wholemeal pitta with red onion, lettuce, tomato and cucumber. Really simple and good, with leftovers for tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,464 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

A slow-roasted saddle of lamb with roasties, cauliflower cheese, broccoli, carrots and gravy. Love Sundays! :)

C355AC66-BA4C-4A1F-92C5-44D5C40245E5_zpsbyu28c5o.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭tickingclock

A slow-roasted saddle of lamb with roasties, cauliflower cheese, broccoli, carrots and gravy. Love Sundays! :)

That's my kind of dinner. The lamb and cauliflower cheese look divine!!

Can I come over for Sunday dinner?!

Looks delicious.

I made a fajita bowl. Enough left over for 2 big lunches

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Mod note: please don't quote pictures, folks. It's even in the thread title.

Faith wrote: »
    Mod note: please don't quote pictures, folks. It's even in the thread title.

Sorry!!

I was on my phone. Wont happen again :o:o

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

I've been fed by friends the last two nights.

You have some very nice friends! Arepas sound delicious.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,699 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Saturday night was sorta-homemade pizza (I didn't make dough) and sweet potato fries.

12742584_10154558807652678_3884281708229803137_n.jpg?oh=b3f48436aeb663c87b4b6aaa41af0ebc&oe=576B032F

Last night my sister's friends who live in the States came over and I did a chermoula-rubbed leg of lamb with a vegetable tagine and buttered lemon, pine nut and pomegranate cous-cous. And forgot to take a photo :(

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭nicki11

Vegetables in black bean sauce with egg fried rice second attempt from scratch, yay no food poisoning :)

Garlic Roasties
    Spicy Pork Chop
    Mashed buttery turnip

• Registered Users Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭iwantmydinner

A bag of salty sweet popcorn, followed by chocolate dipped in tea. #eatclean

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Beer and cheese soup, with shredded chicken and crispy bacon in a homemade bread bowl.

image.jpg

image.jpg

I've really enjoying making bread lately, but I may have messed something up kneading a roll I made the other day and since I couldn't find the old food disasters thread, well...

20160208_204329.jpg

:o

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Chicken and cauliflower korma withf brown rice and naan. Very tasty

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭Shenshen

Egg fried rice, spring roll and kimchi stir-fry. Good combination, surprisingly :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement