Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'Here's what I had for dinner last night' thread - Part II - Don't quote pics!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,699 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Spinach and garlic falafels on a soft tortilla with chermoula, sour cream, cheese and salad.

12743990_10154563737747678_6892256190503935139_n.jpg?oh=ab0d2bdc8c4ecf416fb03b17c60b0a87&oe=575EA1FD

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,588 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

Cruddy day. Couldn't be bothered me arse cooking. Went to the supermarket and picked up a whole cooked chicken, a loaf of sourdough, a tub of cheese coleslaw and a bottle of wine, and we had ourselves a picnic in the living room.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭pew

Last night: Garlic roasties again, chorizo, chicken and peppers.

Chipotle pasta with chorizo, parmesean, cheddar and mozerella.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Potato and chickpea curry. Fresh tomatoes instead of tinned and finished with fresh coriander. Absolutely gorgeous. My husband is working late and I'm currently texting him to see if he will want dinner when he gets in. If he has eaten, I'm having the second portion myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,464 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Decided to push the boat out tonight......

Jamie's Lobster Mac and Cheese

DE8ABE74-9C78-4703-933E-8845D4D07B8E_zpsn5v4ncfi.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A_Sober_Paddy

Tonight had
    Chicken Tikka with coconut cream with rice and vegetables

Tomorrow
    Rogen Josh with coconut based sause with lamb shanks

Both in slow cooker.

Lamb shanks pictures will be uploaded tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭masterboy123

Malaysian chicken and rice!

20160214_140248_001.jpg

Tonight had

Tomorrow

Both in slow cooker.

Any possibility of the two recipes? Am always on the lookout for more slow cooker recipes

Dónal wrote: »
    Any possibility of the two recipes? Am always on the lookout for more slow cooker recipes

Will pop them up tomorrow, tikka was OK, not my best tho

• Registered Users Posts: 31,883 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Dónal wrote: »

Do you go on reddit at all? They have a slowcooking subreddit with some good recipe ideas there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭TeletextPear

Tonight had

Tomorrow

Both in slow cooker.

How did you find the coconut in the slow cooker? Ive done a few curries in the slow cooker and any of them with coconut milk ended up splitting and having a big oily layer, not sure what was causing it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭Taboola

How did you find the coconut in the slow cooker? Ive done a few curries in the slow cooker and any of them with coconut milk ended up splitting and having a big oily layer, not sure what was causing it

I've had the same problem as well. They taste ok after mixing it but it doesn't look very appealing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Cooking club jambalaya, with crayfish tails and Lidl kabanossi sausage - always a winner!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Minder

Had jambalaya here too last night.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,588 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

Tumbled head-first into a crime against fine dining tonight and my god was it good.

Creamy pasta bake - chicken, bacon, onion, sweetcorn and jalapeños, tossed with pasta in a creamy cajun-style cheese sauce, topped with more cheese, and baked.

2yxj9y8.jpg

Tex-mex/Italy mashup. Unbelievably tasty.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

^ Yum!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,092 ✭✭✭✭beertons

After owning a tagine for about 6 years, only used it once (considering how much space it takes up in the press), I resurrected it this evening and did a chicken tikka masala. And to think I was contemplating getting rid of it for a rice cooker. Ha.

Lamb shank slow cooker in a hone made rogen Josh sauce.

Removed from the bone, served with couscous made with juices and sauce from rogen Josh

Old school meal after a long time ☺

200r2me.jpg

Lamb souvlaki salad with roasted garlic, tomatoes and sweet potato, served with toasted cashews, feta and pomegranate seeds, topped with a salted cumin-yoghurt dressing. One of my favourite meals ever.

12122702_10154569295062678_7831055798378540070_n.jpg?oh=513bd85354700391a8f8117d66ce0c5f&oe=5722E5E1

• Advertisement

Beginning of weekend with some dessert.

Nutella filled pancake, with fresh berries on top ☺
    Cheers

sctn4k.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Toulouse sausage, baked potato and cheese, Ballymaloe steak sauce

photo%203_zpszuvhulj5.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

Tonight we had pasta with smoked bacon, mushrooms and onions. I used a Supervalu brand Napoletana sauce which was nice. Was only 90c so said I'd give it a try.

2u8gw05.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 16,990 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Had a glazed joint of ham last weekend that kept giving during the week (including the lovely pot of pea soup made by just blitzing frozen peas in the water and veg that the ham was cooked in). Served with lemon scented sweetheart cabbage, champ and parsley sauce.

iUP0lmg.jpg

Bubble and squeak!
    Champ, cabbage and ham.
    Yummy.

VkKRPJk.jpg

Made some pizza with dough that had been developing in the fridge for a few days. I did three:

1. Cheese, tomato and pickled chillies (Mrs Beer's favourite)
    2. Cheese , tomato, roast red pepper, chorizo and olives (pictured)
    3. Cheese, tomato, ham (from above ham) and rocket.

VMKOL6l.jpg

Made some pizza with dough that had been developing in the fridge for a few days.

Any chance of the dough recipe? Really good homemade dough continues to elude me and it drives me mad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Dial Hard wrote: »
    Any chance of the dough recipe? Really good homemade dough continues to elude me and it drives me mad.
    I havent made dough in a while myself, but if I recall about 250ml of warm/hot water, 500g of flour, a "small" teaspoon of sugar and another of salt, plus a "big" teaspoon of yeast.

I find the exact measures aren't the be all and end all though. Most important is probably go remember to a) have the water a good heat and letting the yeast dissolve properly, b) making sure everything is CONPLETELY mixed, c) beating the absolute sh*te out of the dough for a good 15 mins when needing,and finally d) cooking it right. I have a pizza dish thingy that is) I put it on for the first 10 mins or so, until the dough is firm enough. Then I take it off from that and give it another 15-20 on top if the grill mesh that I would usually put rashers or chicken on... this allows the crust to dehydrate and get crispy and that nice, slightly darker colour. When you leave it cooking on a solid base like a baking sheet or pizza dish, the crust stays pale and almost kind of chewy, even after the rest of the pizza is burned black.

Just my $0.02c. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭Mrs Fox

Thai style steamed monkfish, with quinoa.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Baked potatoes with Ikea meatballs and a sauce made with onions, mushrooms and chopped tomatoes, topped with grated cheese.
    (Photo looked fine on Tinypic but now it's on its side...)

5cycrb.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement