Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'Here's what I had for dinner last night' thread - Part II - Don't quote pics!

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

I saw that programme last night - it looks delicious!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,463 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

I saw that programme last night - it looks delicious!

That roasted cauliflower is a keeper. So easy, coat raw florets in olive oil. Season and roast in a 200c oven for 20/25 mins.
    Dressing is olive oil, lemon zest and juice, chopped capers and parsley.

Kids loved it too.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭SB_Part2

Roast cauliflower with tumeric and cumin is gorgeous as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,883 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

kylith wrote: »
    No, just bunged them in the oven. I did it that way because they always break up in me in the pan.

I only asked because that seems to be the biggest topic on the comments on reddit. Mozzarella stuffed meatballs is the top voted all time thread on their Slow Cooking subreddit. Did the mozzarella come in the fluid? You can see the mozzarella in the gif below is dry and I think that holds better too.

http://i.imgur.com/pV8gLyC.gifv

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

Tonight was chicken fillet with a spicy coating, some home made chips, and salad of baby spinach, tomato, red onion and cucumber.

Yum.

No more chips for a while now though :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Beef winter stew, its like a standing a dish for me (all week! :pac:)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,170 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Why did I find this thread :(:(:(
    Im fecking starving now :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

I know what you mean, I just wish I could be arsed to try more of the meals I see here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Mars Bar wrote: »
    I only asked because that seems to be the biggest topic on the comments on reddit. Mozzarella stuffed meatballs is the top voted all time thread on their Slow Cooking subreddit. Did the mozzarella come in the fluid? You can see the mozzarella in the gif below is dry and I think that holds better too.

Two teaspoons of salt! Jeepers!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Mars Bar wrote: »

It wad the fresh stuff, I had it in hand for another recipe. I'm try the dried kind next time.

Last night I had cherry almond cake with white chocolate fudgey icing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭Zelda247

SB_Part2 wrote: »
    Roast cauliflower with tumeric and cumin is gorgeous as well.

Did you mix the spices with the oil?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,772 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

You'd be better off coating them in oil, then sprinkling with the spices IMHO.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,341 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Baked vanilla cheesecake

25146155260_7b5e4d9fde_z.jpg

25415589496_5f39847b3d_z.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

Baked vanilla cheesecake

I'm drooling on the phone

• Registered Users Posts: 15,341 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

I'm drooling on the phone

Heres the "M&S" style shot then to drool even more over!!

25441749275_b5d9b3d5ed_z.jpg

In fact, I'm actually drooling over this one!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,215 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

dunnes doing 3 different spiralized veg now,2 euro, butternut squash ,beetroot,and courgette .. noodle/spagetti sized spirals, hate beetroot so got the courgette ones, fried in a searing pan with a bit of coconut oil and a few chopped mushrooms,used as a base for my beef rendang .. superb i have to say,great texture, would be fab for spag bol,or any noodle dish..anyway..pic

2z7n789.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭Mrs Fox

Bolognese with courgette and carrot 'noodles'.

afe812d6-b519-4bd1-bf9e-aad2b264fa8a_zpshjefdp84.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 13,699 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Was in the Fumbally for lunch and couldn't stop gazing at the amazing bread that was being served with the soup and salad so bought a few slices to take home and had garlic-lemon chicken sandwiches with coriander pesto for dinner.

Le Levain bakery must put crack or something in that bread because I haven't been able to stop thinking about it all morning.

12795381_10154583364932678_5184216431471712322_n.jpg?oh=51e078ca8548bfb2f61e40dae79fa933&oe=5751B254

• Registered Users Posts: 8,463 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Fish tacos with cucumber salsa and a coriander and mint dressing.

70C6899B-EDA7-4104-9B5F-6228C965DB1B_zpswuq9zwea.jpg

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,588 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

My husband was making a creamy mushroom, garlic and chicken dish with pasta tonight. When the moment came to add the chicken stock... turned out he'd used one of those knorr gravy pots instead of a stock pot. Oops. :p

We tried to salvage it by ditching the pasta and making mash and broccoli. Turned out not too bad at all. :pac:

• Advertisement

Tonight was scallion mash, striploin steak (overcooked), and a mix of red onions, mushrooms, tomatoes and baby spinach cooked on the pan after the steak.

It was nice but in future I'll be sticking to rib-eye steaks as they are much more flavourful than striploins.
    My husband was making a creamy mushroom, garlic and chicken dish with pasta tonight. When the moment came to add the chicken stock... turned out he'd used one of those knorr gravy pots instead of a stock pot. Oops. :p

We tried to salvage it by ditching the pasta and making mash and broccoli. Turned out not too bad at all. :pac:
    Any chance of the recipe? Chicken, mushrooms, garlic and cream are some of my favourite ingredients. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭Shenshen

Pasta with a cream cheese/yoghurt sauce with mushrooms, leek and broccoli.

My scales told me this morning I ate too much :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭SB_Part2

I had fish tacos as well. Need to have a few more posts before I can post pictures.

Any chance of the recipe? Chicken, mushrooms, garlic and cream are some of my favourite ingredients. :D

Not a recipe as such. Fry off some mushrooms in butter until golden. Add several cloves of crushed garlic and some sliced, boneless chicken. Add a half a pint or so of chicken stock and a glass of wine if you have it. Allow to simmer until the chicken is cooked. Season with salt and pepper. Stir in some cream and a little cornflour if desired, to thicken.

Sometimes we add leeks to it as well, frying them off just after the mushrooms, before adding the chicken.

We eat it with pasta, or baby potatoes. Simple and quick. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭Zelda247

Fruity Lamb in the slow cooker. Lamb/Chickpeas/Tomatos/Onion/Carotts/Apricots and Rag al Hanout mix, yummy. oh plus a few spuds thrown in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭Loire

Pan-fried hake with seaweed seasoning. Topped with melted butter, lemon juice and mixed herbs. That was with the best carrots I've eaten in yonks - from the farmer's market with a ton of mud still on them* and some roast potatoes. Oh, and a nice Spaten!

* when I bought them, not when I ate them!

I really should have taken a photo cos dinner was sooo good. Hot, crispy corn tacos with lettuce, salsa, sour cream, guacamole and spicy beef with garlic, onions, mushrooms and cherry tomatoes thrown in for good measure. Absolutely hit the spot for Friday night food. :)

Have a nice weekend, pals.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Jambalaya here tonight, my favourite one pot wonder.

Omelettes here tonight :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭masterboy123

Chicken jalapeño Pizza at Tramore beach, Co. Waterford

2s63288.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement