Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'Here's what I had for dinner last night' thread - Part II - Don't quote pics!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,698 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Found a pic of this so said I'd post it.

You must go through absolute sacks of scallions in your house!

Last night and the night before: pulled pork with spinach & coriander salad, homemade tangy 'slaw and mini baked potatoes, and I forgot to take a pic *both* nights :rolleyes:

Saturday: lemon-garlic chicken with coriander pesto spaghetti and garlic bread made on Lidl's awesome Gouda rolls. I was in an absolute hape after a heavy night on Friday so felt the need to carb-load.

12814803_10154590920662678_1212218833584925554_n.jpg?oh=38a699b35bb294a761661c0391f7c710&oe=575119E2

Friday: Venison fillet in Sophie's at the Dean. Accompanied by a bazlllion glasses of wine, hence the head on me the next day. It was absolutely melt-in-the-mouth.

1428_10154598601482678_130656415811105809_n.jpg?oh=b0171e99baab19e9b65cbc998c824121&oe=57509BA8

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

Tonight is chicken in pitta with salad. Tasty, filling, quick and easy :)
    Dial Hard wrote: »
    You must go through absolute sacks of scallions in your house!
    Ha! :D We go through one bunch a week surprisingly :D

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Tonight was roast beef with baby potatoes and roast carrots & parsnips.

Turned out well.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Roast chicken smothered in honey and good salt, fried baby potato wedges, with roast mediterreanean veg. Made gravy from the cooking liquid by spponing off the oil, and lazily adding a gravy pot.

Twas good. Tempted to go in and mutilate the remaining chicken now :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭Shenshen

Still on the simple stuff, so we had nachos, a big dish of spicy bean dip with melted cheese, salsa and guacamole.
    And a bottle of McGargle's Knock Knock Ned's IPA, which was just lovely with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Butternut squash and ham gratin, yum!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭masterboy123

Me too but recently started giving error....upload failed.

any app that I could use to upload image from my Samsung phone?
    I use Tinypic

• Registered Users Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭Zelda247

We had Aldi Chicken Kiev Supreme, Diced Roosters roasted in the oven with garlic and rosemary and served with some Aldi coleslaw, delicious!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭masterboy123

BBQ night. Veal and chicken meat. Ate with basmati rice, cooked in saffron and butter.

zjt5qa.jpg

2lwkgb7.jpg

jgqddi.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭Loire

@masterboy123.....awesome!

Cooked a chicken in the slow cooker yest with garlic and white wine. It was really succulent. Picked up "real" carrots at the farmer's market last week and had them - they were amazing - real taste of carrot! Will be going there weekly from now on. Bringing up the rear were buttery mash.

tldr: meat & 2 veg !

• Registered Users Posts: 6,215 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

hot n spicy pork n beef topped airfries, needed this feast today

1zbyqs1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭homemadecider

We had a Fair Trade Fortnight bake-off competition in work today. I entered my cappuccino fudge cheesecake and won a prize! I also had two male colleagues propose to me as they loved the cake so much... I had to gently remind them that (a) I'm already married and (b) so are they. :)

gJQIjVG.jpg?1

ERVpSWl.jpg?2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

pork Stir fry with red pepper

Pork_Stir_Fry.jpg

and some sort of sausage based quiche

Some_sort_of_quiche.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

We had a Fair Trade Fortnight bake-off competition in work today. I entered my cappuccino fudge cheesecake and won a prize! I also had two male colleagues propose to me as they loved the cake so much... I had to gently remind them that (a) I'm already married and (b) so are they. :)

I'm not surprised you won a prize - that looks amazing! :)

I had a Portuguese chicken burger and chips tonight, it was yum.

w7yo0l.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭nicki11

hot n spicy pork n beef topped airfries, needed this feast today

Looks delicious, do you have the recipe

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Tom_Barry

Made a lazy spaghetti Carbonara tonight. It was the nicest I have ever tasted though.

Fried up some mushrooms and lardons in olive oil and garlic powder
    boiled the spaghetti and then added Dolmio lasagne white sauce and shave some parmesan into it.

I think I'll make it again tomorrow it was so good!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,092 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Hold on there a minute. What's this now, a Portuguese burger? I've been watching the food network/channel for about 3 years now, and those words have never came up together.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,588 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

Tom_Barry wrote: »
    Made a lazy spaghetti Carbonara tonight. It was the nicest I have ever tasted though.

Fried up some mushrooms and lardons in olive oil and garlic powder
    boiled the spaghetti and then added Dolmio lasagne white sauce and shave some parmesan into it.

Ah now you're opening up a can of worms there Tom. :pac:

This is definitely a carboneire if ever there was one.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

beertons wrote: »
    Hold on there a minute. What's this now, a Portuguese burger? I've been watching the food network/channel for about 3 years now, and those words have never came up together.

I can't take the credit for finding the recipe, my daughter did and she's been raving about it so I gave it a try and it's definitely a keeper. I'm a chilli wimp so I left out the dried habaneros. I hadn't any Provolone cheese but an Easi Single worked just fine :)

The recipe is here: http://australianfood.about.com/od/meats/r/BondiBurger.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 12,032 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

]

Would it be cheeky to ask for a recipe? Looks amazing!!! Definitely couldn't do it justice, but it's about time I made another cheesecake!

Chicken curry using one of those Aldi Jalfrezi jars. Jazzed it up with mushroom, cherry tom toms, crushed garlic, crushed coriander * seeds and topped with a bunch of coriander * leaves. Washed it down with 2 lovely amber ales

* All this talk of coriander reminds me of a flatmate from NZ years ago who put coreyaaaaannda into everything!

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

That reminds me, I was in Lidl last night (usually shop in Aldi) and see they now do those same curry sauces as Aldi (the ones with the dry spices up top, then the sauce). Has anyone tried them? Picked up two anyway cos I love the Aldi ones!

Caramelised onion & bacon quiche with a green salad. I was very lazy and bought the pastry because I suffer from the "hot hands" so making shortcrust can be a bit fraught but I think I'll just have to put up with that in future as the Lidl shortcrust was too salty for my liking.

12814076_10154603801087678_3678214081812062947_n.jpg?oh=037b27148de330d15572921c9b46d5ab&oe=5797E09F

Dial Hard wrote: »
    Caramelised onion & bacon quiche with a green salad. I was very lazy and bought the pastry because I suffer from the "hot hands" so making shortcrust can be a bit fraught but I think I'll just have to put up with that in future as the Lidl shortcrust was too salty for my liking.

I use a pastry masher to rub in the flour and butter, and mix the liquid in with a metal knife so I only handle the pastry for a very light kneading. Home made shortcrust is so much nicer than the bought one so it's worth investing in a masher and they last forever.

14kwokw.jpg

nicki11 wrote: »
    Looks delicious, do you have the recipe

as simple as can be, aldi beef medallion,seasoned and seared ,still pink ,put to one side,

prep your chips as you like,toss in some oil of your choice,seasoning etc, pop into airfryer (in my case breville) for 30 mins, fry up some veg in a really hot pan,fry till just soft.

slice steak as thin as you like it,return slices to hot pan,add cooked pork..i used polish pork sausage sliced, add chilli flakes, chilli powder,shake of garlic n onion powder,fry till combined,add a sauce of your choosing.. i used a korean bbq sauce from aldi which i like,fried till its sticky,add veg for a min or two,pour onto chips.

consume :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭homemadecider

L'prof wrote: »
    Would it be cheeky to ask for a recipe? Looks amazing!!! Definitely couldn't do it justice, but it's about time I made another cheesecake!

Here you go! http://smittenkitchen.com/blog/2009/11/cappuccino-fudge-cheesecake/

pure comfort, meatballs,onions,mushrooms,gravy,mash

288qhph.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭Shenshen

Falafel, tsatsiki, houmous with sundried tomatoes, cucumber, lettuce, onion and toasted pitta.

With a lovely pint of Maerzen.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement