Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'Here's what I had for dinner last night' thread - Part II - Don't quote pics!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭homemadecider

We had a Chinese takeaway for dinner tonight as I was absolutely knackered after my latest efforts at cake making. I made this for a family birthday tomorrow. SO MUCH BUTTERCREAM.

o3WRvx5.jpg?1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Thanks homemadecider, now I have to change my pants. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 8,463 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Anything Dominos can do, I can do better - and a tenth of the price!!

Stuffed crust pizzas - cheese and hot dog. (The secret is to use sticks of string cheese).

F89E623F-B13C-48C5-9FE1-140DCC3F26AC_zpsbfe4pl5a.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

Sweet chilli chicken kebabs with egg fried vegetable rice

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Crumpets

I made this for a family birthday tomorrow. SO MUCH BUTTERCREAM.

Christ that's amazing :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

Junior box for me tonight.

After a long day, and dodgy chicken, I said feck it and just ordered it. :o

Triple pork poutine - crispy bacon, pulled pork and sausage on chips with BBQ sauce and cheese curds. Looks like dog food, tastes like... there are no words. If any chipper put this on their menu in Ireland, it would be the #1 item within a year.

img_8460.jpg

Plain old chicken wraps for us tonight.

Chicken coated in fajita mix in a wrap with baby spinach, tomato, red onion, cucumber, cheese and a bit of mayo.

Delicious, tasty, filling, quick and easy. Ticks all the boxes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

First dinner party in 3 years, so fishcakes with alioli, duck for main and lemon cheesecake for dessert. Also cheese board and chocs, stuffed.com

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

BBQ ribs smoked on my weber kettle grill for a near 5 hours, glazed with maple syrup, bbq sauce, ketchup and Worcestershire sauce

Homemade Cornbread, Mexican meat balls and coleslaw

BOOM!

Holy **** i need this now.

Wawawa

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭Mrs Fox

Chicken Forestière, adapted from Diana Henry's A Bird in the Hand cookbook, with a few tweak. Served with sweet potato crisps and garlic quinoa and kale.

74FC951F-1EF7-474D-8BFD-7B7CC78A7A0C_zps5gvauqxi.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭Loire

Cracking day in Cork today. First salad of 2016. Roast chicken with couscous and a side salad.

Roast chicken breast, carrots, broccoli, mash and gravy for me tonight.

Delicious as always. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Makood

Blini (pancakes with mince) Some salads, potato with smoked bacon. Blood pudding (amazing). And finished with sweet Blini and coffee.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Minder

Braised rib of beef with Chinese flavours; steamed broccoli spears with garlic and ginger; plain white rice.

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭nicki11

Went out to dinner with my family on Friday, at Papa Rich. We got wontons, spring rolls, skewers and fish cakes as starters (sorry forgot to take pictures of them) and for main Thai green chicken curry, beef in oyster sauce, Vietnamese spicy noodles and Japanese yakisoba noodles. All delicous and reasonable priced so I will definitely be going back :)
    Vietnamese spicy noodles
    IMG_20160311_214756[1].jpg
    Yakisoba Noddles
    IMG_20160311_214804[1].jpg
    Thai green Curry
    IMG_20160311_214835[1].jpg
    Beef in Oyster sauce
    IMG_20160311_214815[1].jpg

Last night was burger and chips and tonight was marinated lamb kebabs and beef koftas with naan breed and all turned out well.

Did the guy in the black top with the old watch get the beef in oyster sauce? Can't figure out which it is but that plate in particular looks incredible (the rest look good too mind!).

• Registered Users Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭Shenshen

Black bean burger on wholemeal baps, with salsa, pickles and sour cream. And baked sweet potato wedges on the side.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭masterboy123

Had kebab kobideh last night at a Persian restaurant.

On my holidays these days out of Eíre. Missing home and boards. Cheers

t7mw0j.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭nicki11

Billy86 wrote: »
    Did the guy in the black top with the old watch get the beef in oyster sauce? Can't figure out which it is but that plate in particular looks incredible (the rest look good too mind!).

I added captions so it would be clearer sorry, he got the Thai curry which was a less spicy version which I will try to replicate later :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,215 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

spicy beef szechaun with roast baby roosters

t6qekk.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 16,988 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

From last week: Rare ribeye, roast baby potatoes, lemon scented sweetheart cabbage, sautéed courgette.

oQ9lMho.jpg

We've recently gotten kinda obsessed with steamed chicken and rice.
    I find most Irish people baulk at the idea of steamed meat of any sort but don't knock it until you've tried it - it is so lovely and succulent. I love crispy grilled chicken skin but it really is good steamed too.

I use chicken thighs, white Thai rice, lots of ginger and garlic. I serve it with steamed pak choi, siracha chilli sauce, soy sauce and a bowl of chicken broth.
    It's a really easy meal to prepare and very inexpensive.

And, yes, the pak choi is completely over cooked.

sRTCH87.jpg

lyxSzjb.jpg

Had kebab kobideh last night at a Persian restaurant.

On my holidays these days out of Eíre. Missing home and boards. Cheers

That a 1/2lb of of President yeah? :D

I use chicken thighs, white Thai rice, lots of ginger and garlic. I serve it with steamed pak choi, siracha chilli sauce, soy sauce and a bowl of chicken broth.

Do you mind me asking - did you use a steamer for the chicken? Also, for the broth - what's the purpose of this - is it to pour over the chicken & rice yeah? Looks super in any case.

Thanks,
    Loire.

Loire wrote: »
    Do you mind me asking - did you use a steamer for the chicken? Also, for the broth - what's the purpose of this - is it to pour over the chicken & rice yeah? Looks super in any case.

Thanks,
    Loire.

I use a leaf steamer in a pot.
    The broth is lovely just as a soup but you can dip your rice in or pour over as you like.
    I make a chicken stock (slightly spiced with ginger, garlic, Szechuan pepper, star anise and cinnamon) and steam the chicken over that with some rice wine. This further intensifies the stock. After streaming, a bit of salt, soy and a drop of sesame oil finishes the broth.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,698 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Last night: baked sweet potato skins filled with pulled Indian-spiced chicken. Gorgeous.

10399764_10154624218227678_5668945795674795798_n.jpg?oh=571e8e8ded83395c87b10e2347c5d77d&oe=574C88E2

Night before: Coriander beef in lettuce cups. One of my faves.

9538_10154620843342678_5405043262933501995_n.jpg?oh=c7fa22970dfd860d5099542381a4a12e&oe=5790CA37

1924262_10154620843462678_6665818244580544256_n.jpg?oh=81610ecf30a498281d5d81cb5763f7b1&oe=57968165

• Registered Users Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭homemadecider

Oven baked arancini using leftover risotto, stuffed with mozzarella. Served with a salad and balsamic dressing.

UH3ztbi.jpg?1

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,588 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

Lots of nice dinners lately. Sadly no photos.

Friday night was surf and turf with dauphinoise and veg, with pavlova for dessert.

Saturday night was Curry Addict's lamb bhuna with rice, naan, poppadoms and chutney.

Sunday night was a hideous takeaway pizza - major regret.

Last night was aubergine parmagiana with spaghetti.

Tonight it's Clonakilty sausages, egg and fried potatoes. :pac:

• Advertisement

Pork and butternut squash stew, with rice. This stuff is unbelievably good, great winter comfort food but should go well in summer too, pretty cheap, and beef can be used in place of pork if needed (my local was out of pork the first time I made it). Also recommend with some crunchy dinner rolls to scoop the pork & butternut onto. Recipe here.

20160313_231931.jpg

*Also when you take the seeds out of the butternut, take all the orange bits off, put them on some baking paper, put a tablespoon or two of oil and a tiny bit of salt & pepper over them and roast at about 135 for 15 minutes.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement