Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'Here's what I had for dinner last night' thread - Part II - Don't quote pics!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭Loire

Lamb chops with brown Tilda rice and broccoli. Tilda rice is defo worth the money. Spaten from Aldi too.

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭nicki11

Thai Green Chicken curry for dinner yesterday and today, a sweeter version (less spice mainly) :)

IMG_20160314_205728[1].jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭masterboy123

That was prolly 10 grams of president 😂
    Loire wrote: »
    That a 1/2lb of of President yeah? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Big eating weekend! I've put on a few lbs I'd say!

Saturday: my mams veggie lasagna. Nicer than mine because she uses all the cheese. With a cheesy cauliflower bake and roasties. I had some mash too and I know some people think it's weird but lasagna and mash together is fab! Dessert was from Aldi, some sort of frozen chocolate thingy which was absolutely gorgeous.
    Washed down by a bottle of Shiraz and then some meringue, cream and strawberries.

Sunday: birthday treat of a night away so we ate in the hotel. Starter was deep fried Brie wedges with salad and sweet chilli dressing, my main was the nicest quiche I've ever tasted. The pastry was shortcrust but not flaky or crumbly, it was a crisp and light pastry, I'd love to know how it was done. The filling was red onion, leek and Gruyere.
    My husband had a "feather" steak. He wasn't asked how he wanted it done, it arrived medium but he could literally cut it with a fork. Almost looked slow cooked? He really enjoyed it.
    Dessert was profiteroles and cheesecake. Washed down by a bottle of prosecco and a bottle of Pinot Grigio.

Monday. After a huge brekkie we skipped lunch and wanted something light fr an early dinner so we had a picnic. Babies first picnic :) he was in his element. We had various salads and breads, turkey, cheddar and goats cheese, beetroot, fresh salsa and egg.

Today, back to reality with a bang! Himself went off to work with my purse in his car so I had to scrape a dinner together. It wasn't too bad. Stir fried veg with a dressing of lime juice, soy sauce, cashew butter and chilli flakes.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Dial Hard wrote: »
    Last night: baked sweet potato skins filled with pulled Indian-spiced chicken. Gorgeous.

Night before: Coriander beef in lettuce cups. One of my faves.

Would you mind sharing the recipe for both? They look gorgeous

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Minder

Panko crumbed, deep fried monkfish cheeks with Asian slaw, Yuzu mayonnaise and sriracha sauce in a sandwich.

x377kk.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭Shenshen

We ended up in Midleton yesterday evening and decied to go for a meal out. We looked at a few places down the high street and decided on pizza in San Marco's.

It was absolutely stunning. They've a proper wood-fired oven, and the pizza was seriously up there with the best I've had since coming to Ireland. really thin base, crisp rim, fantastic toppings, smothered in fresh tomato sauce and mozzarella. So good.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,588 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

Minder wrote: »
    Panko crumbed, deep fried monkfish cheeks with Asian slaw, Yuzu mayonnaise and sriracha sauce in a sandwich.

Yes. My goodness yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,698 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Would you mind sharing the recipe for both? They look gorgeous

No problem. The sweet potato one is at http://bamskitchen.com/sides/potatoes/pull-apart-chicken-tandoori-sweet-potato-skins/ I added a tablespoon of garam masala to the onions while they were cooking and squeezed the juice of a lime into the chicken after it was pulled.

We had the leftover chicken in flatbreads last night and it was equally amazing. I can see myself making huge batches of this and freezing individual portions.

The coriander beef is at http://ruminationsrugbyruination.blogspot.ie/2011/09/post-twenty-third-in-which-our-heroine.html?m=0

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

Used up the last portions of the Christmas turkey and ham today, as I was plating up I realised I had tri colored the veg inadvertently!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭homemadecider

Salmon roasted with garlic, green beans, sweet potato chips baked in the oven.

mh2bRZ0.jpg?1

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Makood

In Ukraine again, so her parents made us a special dinner for Paddys day. As usual forgot to take pics of most of it but here are two.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

Tonight was fish cakes with salad.

The salad was baby spinach, red onion, cucumber and tomato which I had with with Kilmore Quay Smokie Fish Cakes from Supervalu.

Delicious.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Last night it was beef meatball pasta bake with garlic bread.

29dbzi1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,808 ✭✭✭b.gud

I finally got a pizza peel to go with my pizza stone so had homemade pizza

Here's the before

24378268883_9a24b76e9e_c.jpg

Here's the after*

24378486653_8a77421dbd_c.jpg

*This is actually the after of the 2nd pizza as I hadn't quite got the hang of the peel so pushed the 1st one too far back and it got a bit crushed against the back of the oven :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,463 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

b.gud wrote: »
    I finally got a pizza peel to go with my pizza stone

It's been on my wish list for years. Waiting to get a couple of large tiles that are suitable for pizza stones so getting the pizza from the peel to the stone won't be an issue. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭Mrs Fox

Last night we had Domino's Hawaiian, because the kids wanted 'that Greatneesssss pizza on TV', and we also had the garlic bread, wedges, and mountains of wings which I happily dipped Mic's Chilli Inferno hot sauce in.

Tonight is medium rare rib eye steak, with sautéed red onion and mushrooms, buttery mash, wilted spinach and fried egg over easy.

Strip loin steak with roasted potatoes, carrots, celery and cauliflower with lemon and caper dressing, green beans and broccoli.

Steak was from Aldi and didn't look that great when taken out of the packet (falling to pieces) but it was so tender and tasty.

71F94569-1E44-4BF0-96D2-C109CB38D4CF_zpsz2obgbzk.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭Shenshen

Red lentil and coconut dahl, aloo tikki, brown rice, poppadums, chutneys and a pint of Blacks of Kinsale Session IPA.

Bring on the weekend! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Minder

2ezle0h.jpg

Pan fried duck breast
    Mushroom scotch egg
    Braised pak choi and baby leeks
    Gochujang sauce

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Mrs Fox wrote: »
    Last night we had Domino's Hawaiian, because the kids wanted 'that Greatneesssss pizza on TV', and we also had the garlic bread, wedges, and mountains of wings which I happily dipped Mic's Chilli Inferno hot sauce in.

Tonight is medium rare rib eye steak, with sautéed red onion and mushrooms, buttery mash, wilted spinach and fried egg over easy.

I hope you brushed your teeth after, I'm convinced there's more sugar in their sauce than in cake icing. :o

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭wanderer 22

Life of (mince and potato) pi...

photo_1.jpg

photo_2.jpg

photo_3.jpg

photo_4.jpg

Chicken Kevin, Gnocchi with Pesto and Chilli, Spinich and lemon salad.

4F48F951-FDCA-4E25-B554-CBAD82029F50_zpsy3r8anyd.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

Not sure if autocorrect or the delicious looking chicken was named Kevin :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭boodlesdoodles

B.gud where did you get the pizza peel and how much did it cost? If you don't mind me asking. Got a wedding present of a stone and so far haven't been able to get a pizza on it without making a bags of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,698 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

B.gud where did you get the pizza peel and how much did it cost? If you don't mind me asking. Got a wedding present of a stone and so far haven't been able to get a pizza on it without making a bags of it.

Until you get a peel, I use this method: have your stone properly preheated, your toppings laid out and your base ready to go. Make sure your base is liberally dusted with flour on both sides so it won't stick AT ALL. Take the stone out of the oven. Fold your base very loosely into a quarter, lift onto the stone, then unfold, top and bung back into the oven.

Works like a charm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭Miss Merry Berry

I made the Joe Wicks- Lean in 15 Chicken Korma Recipe from Instagram. The thing was the recipe didn't give proper measurements, just the ingredients so I ended up winging it. I have to add a few teaspoons of sugar into the recipe to make it taste like it was from an Indian. My partner said it was the nicest Korma he ever tasted so was chuffed with that :D (prob the sugar!). Anyway love yer man's recipes and I'll definitely be buying his recipe book and making more of his stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,808 ✭✭✭b.gud

Got it on Amazon here's the link, https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00B1GM2C6/ref=cm_sw_r_awd_QJE7wb8V5TMY0
    Dial Hard wrote: »
    Until you get a peel, I use this method: have your stone properly preheated, your toppings laid out and your base ready to go. Make sure your base is liberally dusted with flour on both sides so it won't stick AT ALL. Take the stone out of the oven. Fold your base very loosely into a quarter, lift onto the stone, then unfold, top and bung back into the oven.

Works like a charm.

Before I got the peel I used to just assemble it as quick as possible on the stone, works pretty well just not as good as a peel. Being able to keep the stone in the oven gives a much better base

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Flat-iron steak and veggies stir fried with a little sesame oil, mirin, soy sauce, sriracha and a pinch of sugar, served with egg noodles.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Roast chicken with the trimmings!

15ewp3a.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement