Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'Here's what I had for dinner last night' thread - Part II - Don't quote pics!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

Chops weren't nice at all.
    Turns out they were gone off, food poisoning is vile, no matter how mild it is. :( :mad:

I better not be sick for long :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,462 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Turns out they were gone off, food poisoning is vile, no matter how mild it is. :( :mad:

You have my sympathies. Keep that basin handy!!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Hope you feel better soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

Thanks guys, not too bad today thank god, some cramps but nothing tea and toast can't sort. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,275 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Fish pie for the day that was in it!

I used salmon, hake, smoked haddock and prawns. Sauce was made from the reserved milk from poaching the fish, a small bit of white wine added and leeks and an onion. Topped with mashed potato and broccoli on the side.

That looks amazing! I'm drooling here! Do you have a specific recipe - I like to follow a recipe!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭nicki11

Chicken korma with sultanas and basmati rice :) and Easter eggs for dessert

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Last night we had a tomato and coconut curry. I had chestnut mushrooms and red peppers in mine and the two gentlemen had prawns in theirs. The younger gentleman wouldn't eat his as it was too spicy so I mixed the only yoghurt I had in the house into it. Vanilla goats yoghurt. He devoured it then. :o
    It was delicious. The block of solid coconut cream is so much more suitable to our tastes than the cans of milk and fresh coriander on a curry just makes it.

Tonight was "clear out the fridge" night. Crustless vegetable quiche and roast potato wedges, some roosters, some whites and one little sweet potato. Nice but missing a side. Salad or coleslaw would have made a difference. Ah well, nice shiny fridge for shopping tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 FlowerPower1

Thanks guys, not too bad today thank god, some cramps but nothing tea and toast can't sort. :)

I'm pregnant and addicted to curries at the minute. Loving homemade korma. I would happily have one for breakfast now.

I'm pregnant and addicted to curries at the minute. Loving homemade korma. I would happily have one for breakfast now.

Congratulations! I loved sour things when pregnant and my little fella will sit and suck the juice out of a lemon so you could end up with a little curry addict on your hands!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 FlowerPower1

Whispered wrote: »
    Congratulations! I loved sour things when pregnant and my little fella will sit and suck the juice out of a lemon so you could end up with a little curry addict on your hands!

I'll be weaning the baby on Vindaloos :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Kurumba

Last night was a meatloaf / kebab type thing with sauces in a wrap. Delsih :)

Spaghetti Carbonara

7A28B1E2-E242-4DEF-BDFE-63B2E803683D_zpsz37rtoxe.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭sdevine89

Just found this thread last week. Here is my last three night's dinners:

ttD5HfSh.jpg

Buffalo Chicken with Spinach

wlNE9YGh.jpg

Loaded Burger: Beef, Cheese, Onion, Sweet Potato, Courgette and Avocado.

0sAFXbCh.jpg

Mint and Lime Pork Chop with Apple and Sweet Potato

• Registered Users Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭masterboy123

Got old gold domino's tonight ☺

20zy51g.jpg

Yummy

I got in at about 10:00, freezing, covered in muck and dirt and absolutely starving.
    Awaiting me was an unexpected plate of amazingness. Skinny chips, a green salad of baby gem, cucumber, avocado, onion, herbdressing and a goats cheese tart (from tesco, I was very impressed tbh. Will get them again to have in the freezer) Glass of red poured.
    Followed by a cuppa and some choc.
    Carlsberg don't do husbands!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭Keane2baMused

Homemade lasagne with fresh basil & quick side salad of baby gem, roasted peppers, cucumber & onion with a little balsamic and pesto to dress.

Some fresh parmesan, et voila!

21bubew.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭Loire

T-Bones are the plan for tonight....

25589456893_180019271c_z.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Ilyana 2.0

Sirloin steak, sweet potato fries, roasted red pepper and baby corn. Perfect Saturday night fare.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭The Raptor

I normally have a plate of veg and some meat or fish. But that can get boring.

I made my first chicken casserole this evening. It was very tasty even if it had a soupy consistency with veg and chicken in it. I've got more for tomorrow.

TV snack of sliced chicken in a ciabatta roll with cheese and salad.
    0AAF5D5E-078A-4656-A929-56F5D1B155B0_zpsmiopckcj.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Minder

Loire wrote: »
    T-Bones are the plan for tonight....

As delicious as they look, how are they t-bones? Looks like ribeye to me. Where's the fillet?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,988 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Minder wrote: »
    As delicious as they look, how are they t-bones? Looks like ribeye to me. Where's the fillet?

Yup.
    Cowboy steaks as ribeye on the bone is now, annoyingly, called.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭Mrs Fox

Made sweet potato gnocchi with sage, pine nuts and lemon from yesterday's Indo. I've never been a fan of gnocchis as I find them rather stodgy and too heavy, but THIS was like pillows of heaven. I'm converted! Already thinking of experimenting with various flavours.

14DFD880-2F82-49E5-BAFC-0795E8E0852C_zpsrzi6bivi.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭Loire

Minder wrote: »

Yes, you're right!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,092 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Nigella's turkey meatballs. The sauce was a bit watery and non descript. I'd put in passata in it next time, instead of two cans of water. Minced turkey breast is lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

Sheppards pie of sorts, turkey mince with onions, peas, carrots and brocolli. Topped with mashed carrot/parsnip and topped again with mash. Really light and tasty

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭sdevine89

MIJPsR4h.jpg

Home Made Indian Chicken Take Away.

Mrs Fox wrote: »
    Made sweet potato gnocchi with sage, pine nuts and lemon from yesterday's Indo.

These look divine! Did you do a brown butter with them?

A garlic and sage pesto would be lovely as a sauce too

Dinner was mammy-in-laws roast beef, gravy, veg and spuds.

Comfort food at its finest, she is an excellent cook.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭Zelda247

beertons wrote: »
    Nigella's turkey meatballs. The sauce was a bit watery and non descript. I'd put in passata in it next time, instead of two cans of water. Minced turkey breast is lovely.

Sounds lovely, I have never eaten Turkey Mince, I must try it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement