Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'Here's what I had for dinner last night' thread - Part II - Don't quote pics!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,988 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Was at a friends house for roast lamb on Easter Sunday - she cooked way too much lamb so I came home with a doggy bag:eek:

Got 2 single serving shepherd's pies and a lamb flatbread out of it.

YSHn7Zx.jpg

Bangers and mash with grilled tomatoes and savoy cabbage. No onion gravy and I didn't miss it.
    (Lidl premium sausages aren't great)

Pdl6tAs.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭Mrs Fox

These look divine! Did you do a brown butter with them?

A garlic and sage pesto would be lovely as a sauce too

No, just in garlic and olive oil. I will try brown butter hazelnut and sage next time, now that I got the base right.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Mediterranean chicken bake. Leftover roast chicken, artichokes, tomatoes, butter beans, broccoli, olives, mozzarella.

photo%208_zpsf1i7lsjn.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

Chicken wraps tonight.

Marinated the chicken in lime juice, cayenne pepper, paprika, dried parsley, olive oil and some other herbs/spices that I can't remember right now. :o

Delicious, the lime really adds to the flavour.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭SB_Part2

Used the Sorted Food recipe for Thai Roast Chicken

2ilg9sj.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 13,698 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

beertons wrote:
    Minced turkey breast is lovely.

We go through kilos of it. White chilli and Buffalo casserole are two of my favourite things ever. Also, minted chilli-lime turkey burgers - droooooooool

• Registered Users Posts: 6,215 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

couple here, made a wholemeal flatbread,layer of sriracha mayo,Moroccan spiced lamb mince,topped with soft egg

118lgkh.jpg

mexican spiced wholemeal rice (2 min uncle bens job) ,courgette noodles and spiced pork

1yajp3.jpg

Beast of a pork chop pan fried, baked potato, braised fennel with orange, roast carrots, fried apple.

6JFMRxx.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,462 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Pork Tenderloin, stuffed with sage and black pudding, wrapped in prosciutto ham with Crushed Mediterranean Potatoes

5D3CD267-402F-47B9-BBE7-1AE95EDAD07F_zps3xpjy9el.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Makood

Pork Tenderloin, stuffed with sage and black pudding, wrapped in prosciutto ham with Crushed Mediterranean Potatoes

Look amazing, did I see this on Hairy Bikers? Was half watching them tonight, I think, and seen something very similar

• Registered Users Posts: 8,462 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Makood wrote: »
    Look amazing, did I see this on Hairy Bikers? Was half watching them tonight, I think, and seen something very similar

No, saw it on MasterChef last week and thought I'd give it a try....

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Makood

No, saw it on MasterChef last week and thought I'd give it a try....

That was it!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

Tonight's dinner in the making, turkey burgers. One set with pea, mint and scallions. The other a thai mix with garlic, shallots, ginger, chilli and coriander

Going to sear them and finish in oven, served with all the sides

• Registered Users Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭Zelda247

Tonight's dinner in the making, turkey burgers. One set with pea, mint and scallions. The other a thai mix with garlic, shallots, ginger, chilli and coriander

Going to sear them and finish in oven, served with all the sides

Could I please have the recipe for the burgers, thanks

Zelda247 wrote: »
    Could I please have the recipe for the burgers, thanks

Of course, really simple:

Pea & Mint Burger

I finely chopped and fried in 1tbsp olive oil the following: 1 shallot, 3 springs onions, handful fresh mint, 50g petit pois and a dash of lemon juice.

Allowed it to cool, added to 600g mince turkey with an egg yolk. It's quite a wet mix so I threw in a small amount of gf flour (I'm coeliac).

Thai Burgers

Same as above, all finely chopped and fried in oil: 1 shallot, 3 cloves garlic, 1 red chili, teaspoon fresh Grated ginger and a large handful of chopped coriander. Made in the same way as above.

Enjoy!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,294 ✭✭✭hairyprincess

Chilli con carne with basmati rice and lots of coriander!

Finished products, the thai burgers were a huge hit with everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭Keane2baMused

mceqgx.jpg

Pic isn't great..

Turkey steaks (breaded, flash fried and then baked) with a runny duck egg, butter bean & courgette 'stew' and green beans.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

Pork madras with peppers and corn. Fancy shmancy courgette noodles.

1Y1ARD0l.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

Thursday was sea bass fillets from Aldi, with peas and mash.

Yesterday was waffles, sausages and beans. All had to be used up.

Today was fillet steak with onions/mushrooms, peas and mash.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 8,114 ✭✭✭fitz

Franklin Barbecue recipe smoked ribs done on our new Kamado Joe.
    They were like butter, but will use less rub next time, only need a light seasoning.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 8,114 ✭✭✭fitz

More Kamado cooking today, this time roast beef and baked potatoes.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

Saturday night deep pan pizza. I ran short of white flour so made up the balance of dough with semolina and coarse wholewheat flour. The base was flavourful but heavy. Inspired by a Jamie Oliver penny pinching meal. Tesco clearance shelf pulled pork and smoked cheddar on top with some long frozen pepperoni.

382936.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Pizza baked potatoes.

33uv7n4.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭SB_Part2

Trying to figure out different ways to eat pate apart from on crackers. Tonight was mushrooms stuffed with pate, onion, garlic and a few breadcrumbs on top. No pic unfortunately because I was too hungry.

• Registered Users Posts: 775 ✭✭✭Musefan

Roasted courgette, peppers, red onion, corn, tomatoes and mixed beans, lime and soy with wild rice and grilled chicken. Plenty of balsamic glaze drizzled on top. Yum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭2xj3hplqgsbkym

Dizzy blonde , I just made almost the exact same last week, but had rashers instead of mushroom!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,215 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

spicy Korean beef noodles

dbm98l.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,698 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Beef kofta curry.

Blew me own head off, I did. Love that :pac:

13000109_10154735847362678_7282449100880002050_n.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement