Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'Here's what I had for dinner last night' thread - Part II - Don't quote pics!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

Made a moreish fish pie this evening. Used smoked haddock, cod, salmon, hake, King prawns and smoked salmon and we licked our chops afterwards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭2xj3hplqgsbkym

spicy Korean beef noodles

Would love the recipe sometime please

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭nicki11

Chicken Tikka Masala with basmati rice last night and chicken Quesadillas tonight :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭SB_Part2

Made monkfish wrapped in parma ham with tenderstem broccoli, saute potatoes and chipotle hollandaise.

rs940p.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Lamb korma. Bulked up with courgette, baby corn, and chickpea

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,215 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

spicy Korean beef noodles

Would love the recipe sometime please

left it on your visitor messages ,if anyone else wants it too

• Registered Users Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭tampopo

fried egg, two superquinn sausages. Beans and tea.

lovely.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

I made beef keema curry for the first time, it was really good and I'll definitely make it again. The red pepper wasn't in the recipe, I just added it because I fancied it :)

359076s.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭masterboy123

Enjoying sunny weather

epq79w.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

Tonight was spanish fish stew, served with creamy mash and some garlic bread for the non coeliacs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,883 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Last night I had oven roasted cauliflower rice with a turmeric chicken and veg crock pot meal. Cauliflower rice is rotten and I dunno how people fool themselves in to it being a sub for rice. They are stronger people than I!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 183 ✭✭AmyPL

Last night was baked chicken legs, with chilli-garlic kale and broccoli with pecorino romano.

Trying to up our veg intake at the moment, especially the green and leafy kind!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Mars Bar wrote: »
    Last night I had oven roasted cauliflower rice with a turmeric chicken and veg crock pot meal. Cauliflower rice is rotten and I dunno how people fool themselves in to it being a sub for rice. They are stronger people than I!

I think you'd have to love the taste of cauliflower. I don't, so I couldn't eat cauliflower rice at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

I had cauliflower rice in a salad the other day.. I won't be repeating it... :o

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

I tend to use it with spicy curries as a means to soak up the sauce. I don't roast the cauliflower but rather just grate it and then blast it in the microwave. It still tastes kinda like cauliflower but I like it

• Registered Users Posts: 13,698 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

I made an absolute pig of myself with these bad boys: buffalo chicken on gouda rolls with blue cheese butter, melted Südsteirer, spinach and onions.

12993453_10154741738182678_2031687733089184214_n.jpg?oh=86850ae60cf12532e8caeba107b9910c&oe=577D99CA

• Registered Users Posts: 6,215 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

i like it i must admit, dry fry it after pulsing in blender,add few spices n herbs, tiz very nice with stir fry

• Registered Users Posts: 25 taco.cat

I had a cauliflower risotto once, as part of a tasting menu in a really high-end restaurant. It was the only part of the entire 8 courses that I couldn't eat. Bleurgh... Cauliflower rice definitely wouldn't be for me either.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

The past few days has been wraps, or chicken in pitta or something.

Tonight will be medium duck breast, creamy spinach and mash. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Pasty monster with beef, potato, carrot, celery

cornish_pasty.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,294 ✭✭✭hairyprincess

Salmon marinated in honey, soy sauce and sesame seeds. Served with noodles, onion, mushroom, red pepper, baby carrot, mangetout, baby corn, broccoli and finished off with sweet chilli sauce.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭Keane2baMused

Strip-loin steak, chips and a salad.

Was too nice to wait and take a pic! Glass of white now to top it all off :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

I like cauliflower fried 'rice'. I love cauliflower and will happily eat it raw though...

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭nicki11

Chilli Con Carne with basmati rice

• Registered Users Posts: 775 ✭✭✭Musefan

Applewood cheddar stuffed burgers with brioche buns and beetroot slaw, salad with avocado. Saturday fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

Homemade pizza, the usuals of hawaiin, pepperoni and bbq chicken, with a new addition of goats cheese, caramelised onion and spinach. Kids love the new one, as did I!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,462 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

We went to Jimmy Cheungs 'All You Can Eat' last night. Great family restaurant in Dublin.

Really impressed with their Grilled Salmon and Sushi dishes but I love the fact you can have little bits of everything. Wasn't in pain when we left, which is a first. ;)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 8,114 ✭✭✭fitz

Charred seasoned broccoli, with chilli pepper romesco made with chillies that we charred on the kamado too. Threw the tortillas on to warm them too, and served with some rice. Very tasty...

• Registered Users Posts: 775 ✭✭✭Musefan

Filo pastry with spinach, feta, roasted red peppers and bacon. Served with baby roosters (roasted with garlic and paprika), lettucy-bits and beetroot slaw.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭Mrs Fox

I actually love roasted cauliflower rice, especially with curry.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement